Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Can we rule the world? New info on regional occupation.

Decanus

Default Re: Can we rule the world? New info on regional occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by CK23 View Post
    I prefer the blissfill optimism than some of this vile and silly postings at times.
    "I prefer fairy tales rather than accepting the evidence and facts."

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SKSlave View Post
    "I prefer fairy tales rather than accepting the evidence and facts."
    Provide me evidence that runs contrary to their statements just now. Please do, I am waiting.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Decanus

Provide me evidence that runs contrary to their statements just now. Please do, I am waiting.
    Why don't you open your eyes, rewatch the video, and then compare it to Rome II's trailers and comments before release instead of wanting to be spoon fed things?

Why don't you open your eyes, rewatch the video, and then compare it to Rome II's trailers and comments before release instead of wanting to be spoon fed things?
    No because when someone claims they have proof, I want them to provide what they have as "proof". I know what I see, I also understand that its still 2 months before release and do not understand the notion that the game has to be done and tested for 2 months straight. That isn't how the game industry works.

So, since you've failed to understand simple debate mechanics, please provide to me your evidence for this blissful ignorance regarding this video! Thanks bud.

Decanus

I don't recall saying I had "proof" of anything. You're putting words in my mouth trying to put a burden on me. The evidence is out there for interpretation. I clearly interpret the evidence as showing that Warhammer will be yet another underwhelming, uninspired piece of garbage.

If you think two months prior to release is a significant amount of time for testing and finishing the game your naivety of the industry is really showing. Please don't try and claim that anything significant will occur in the next two months.

I don't recall saying I had "proof" of anything. You're putting words in my mouth trying to put a burden on me. The evidence is out there for interpretation. I clearly interpret the evidence as showing that Warhammer will be yet another underwhelming, uninspired piece of garbage.

If you think two months prior to release is a significant amount of time for testing and finishing the game your naivety of the industry is really showing. Please don't try and claim that anything significant will occur in the next two months.
    I mean, I'd say adding units into the game that the community called for was pretty significant, do you have a different opinion on that?

axicup's Avatar Civis

I don't understand why people insist on staying in threads just to repeatedly bash on a game.

I mean, I'd say adding units into the game that the community called for was pretty significant, do you have a different opinion on that?
    Really?
    According to other forums, here's an actual list of all the things that we asked for

Unit wise that we got ed on:
    -Empire Archers
    -Flagellants
    -Dogs of War mercenaries
    -Rune Lord (not smith)
    -Squigs <----- lol
    -All the knightly orders
    -Bear calvary
    -Halflings
    -Bolt throwers
    -Spear Chukkas

What can you expect... Most of this will be DLC anyways

And here's some questionable mechanic designs in which a majority of consumers have no say what so ever:
    -Regional occupational
    -Same starting location no matter which Legendary Lord is picked
    -20 units max in an army with hero characters in the mix... meaning smaller scale battles
    -the atrocious AI we saw in both Thundering Falls and that one Orc quest battle
    -same / buggy multiplayer features as Rome 2 (multiplayer features were better in rome 1, there was at least FFA)

Default GAme Mechanics and Marketing

Given the game release has been pushed back, this would suggest that there is now extra time within the marketing pre-release schedule as well. With that extra time, could one of the CA powers comment on Limited Region Occupation vs. how the game is being marketed? Below is the statement on the conquest mechanic as of March 10th on Steam:

"The very first Total War game to feature a fantasy setting. Experience incredible depth and the freedom to conquer as you see fit across a gigantic sand-box Grand Campaign map. Crafted from a twisted magical landscape and populated with an incredible array of awesome and deadly creatures, this is your chance to experience fantasy strategy on a scale as yet unimagined."

Does CA plan on changing its marketing to more properly reflect the restrictions of Limited Region Occupation? Does CA plan on allowing an option where players can either play with Limited Region Occupation or with the freedom to conquer as one sees fits? Does CA plan on taking no action and simply allow customers to discover for themselves after purchase there is no conquer as one sees fit, only conquest along the lines the developers have arbitrarily set?

Default Re: GAme Mechanics and Marketing

You should probably ask on the official site as they are more likely to respond. Unless of course you did, got it closed down and you decided to repost it here on an unofficial site for whatever reason. It's not as if it can't be added to the thread we already have on regional occupation.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Conquer does not equal owning every piece of land in-game. Just sayin'.

I haven't done this in a while, in before close?

Conquer does not equal owning every piece of land in-game. Just sayin'.
    Conquer does not equal owning every piece of land in-game. Limited Region Occupation does not equal "the freedom to conquer as you see fit". Thus the point.

Technically, it does, because Conquer is not synonymous with occupy, so...

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

If I remember correctly CA came out later to say that certain factions will not be able to occupy certain regions? Hence the criticism of the 'conquer as you see fit' statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    Hence the criticism of the 'conquer as you see fit' statement.
    there's only criticism because he doesn't understand that conquer =/= occupying every settlement. Please tell me more about how the Conquistadors lived in the Aztec Temples after CONQUERING them

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

~ Similar threads merged ~

Freedom to conquer as one sees fit is subject specific in how it is realized. Limited Region Occupation is a hard lock on options. They are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    there's only criticism because he doesn't understand that conquer =/= occupying every settlement. Please tell me more about how the Conquistadors lived in the Aztec Temples after CONQUERING them

The Conquistadors occupied the whole of the Aztec Empire after its Conquest. It was incorporated into what became Mexico. Aztec temples did not maintain separate or distinct standing post the Spanish conquest. Note residency and occupation are not the same thing. Aztec temples were not residences.

The attempt to apply a narrow reading of the meaning of conquer to justify CA's Limited Region Occupation is flawed. It is flawed in that it doesn't match with how CA has traditionally used the notion. If CA were to opt for an alternate understanding of the concept, the qualification should be explained. None exists, therefore the standard meaning, both in terms of their heretofore use and understanding would apply: that standard meaning involves territorial control.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; March 14, 2016 at 08:21 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts.

Libertus

So many pages for something very easy to solve: an on/off button. You can make the "feature" on by default if you want CA. Choice makes people happy. Just make some penalties for owning outside your area (like no recruiting, no building higher than lvl2 buildings, 50% loss on income, happiness problems, 2-4 times harder to convert to your culture, whatever you wish - it should be harder to hold but sometimes important strategically).

I think this is a non-problem shown off so our attention is drawn from more important faults of the game. And, as always, there will be lots.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678