Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

I am new here, but i was reading through all the threads. I was having the hardest time getting this mod to work, I am using steam. When i did the download, i did the instructions, of downloading everything to the main folder , then first patch, english short cut , second patch , english , then the quick fixes both.

I would try to start up the game only to see it showing only in the left before giving a error,Saying Praise sigmar chaos has taken over closing the gates. In which the game would close. I did this number of times to no avail, I did something different i downloaded the three installers into the main folder, but when i installed the patches and quick fixes

i redirected them so they went into the Program files(x86)< Steam< Steamapps < Common<M2TW<Mods<RODG1.6 folder, then doing the main directory, And of course running the English shortcut after each one to be safe. Started up the game and it started up normally no crash at all , I hope this might help any steam users. and other user having troubles if this works.
    Also love the mod been a fan of warhammer since i first played battle march , Love the work of the game

Quote Originally Posted by whunjo View Post
    I did notice though an issue where there is no population increase in the cities. When I check the city tab there is nothing that sets in growth (or squalor) and buildings farms or sewers does not make a change. (So is this a glitch or meant to be?)
    We have "No population growth" in 1.6 because of the short period of campaign and for making key settlements like Altdorf more important than other less important cities. As mentioned by COW team:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    We disabled population growth because of new mechanics, new vision of settlements value, because of short period of campaighn durability in terms of few years, so that population could not be multiplayed so quickly. And that was mentioned a lot of times before.
    Last edited by TheEmperor; March 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM.

Getting a crash in the UI less phase as Averland H/H difficulty. System log here

I'm also getting crashes after battles and when hitting end turn and during the rebel phase. Will post an error log of those instances when I encounter it again.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Same here for every faction crashing at the start of a campaign due to frozen interface, have not amended any of the settings graphical or game play wise and it still crashes.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thank you

The user interface is always frozen for a few minutes at the beginning of the campaign. There should be a popup that explains it. Just wait; for me it usually takes 5-7 minutes to do whatever it is that it does in that time.

Hello, I have the usual "Sigma preserve us" problem, as many of seems to have.

I did the instructions few times as instructed at first page, didn't work, didn't even let me get past loading screen at any point.
    After that I did Sayuasha's instructions to the dot, including security changes, still the same problem.

Does anyone have any more instructions or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWhichThinks View Post
    The user interface is always frozen for a few minutes at the beginning of the campaign. There should be a popup that explains it. Just wait; for me it usually takes 5-7 minutes to do whatever it is that it does in that time.

Hi, yeah that is what I do, I just leave it as it is with the pop up but then just crashes to desktop.

I have tried the clicking method, press space bar, keep normal size units, selected minimal UI and it still crashes.

I did exactly as the installation says but when I click on the shortcut it shows the loading screen and then sigma preserve us blabla... error pops up.

my game is from steam version can anybody help me

Quote Originally Posted by Karahanli View Post
    I did exactly as the installation says but when I click on the shortcut it shows the loading screen and then sigma preserve us blabla... error pops up.

my game is from steam version can anybody help me
    my m2tw log says i miss mouse cursor definition and bunch of other

I've found that saving ALOT can help against most crashes. The game itself seems stable enough to play but unstable in that it crashes from random overloads. Anytime i get the Sigmar CTD i just reload previous save and I can resume. There has only been one consistent crash I found involving Skaven "ambushing" castle reikland and me having to basically surrender the settlement to avoid the crash. Afterwards I just retook the settlement with a Cadre of Artillery pieces and ogres

As long as you have installed right then you should be able to make it mostly through a campiaign. Just remember that there is no autosave so you gotta quicksave as much as possible. Save-scumming aside its the best way to finish a game.

As for anyone having problems with certain races, the best advice i can give u is get dogs of war camp ASAP so as soon as troll or ogres are available you can get a few. They are OP as hell and I have won open field battles against 4-5 stack armies with one monstrous unit and 3 units of trolls. If you play chaos you get greater demon which wrecks face-holes on an obscene level. Just don't autoresolve with your greater demon army or it might lose numbers from autoresolve mechanics.

Seem to crash anytime I face an Orc army, only is when I fight an Orc army

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6n...system.log.txt

It seems you haven't installed the first quickfix.

LOG.RAR

here is my log. Can someone help me i hhave trouble installing this mod on steam.

I have installed part1,2,3 and then applied patch 1 and run the ENG shortcut then applied patch 2 and run ENG shorcut and then I applied the modeller hotfix and run again ENG Patch and at last applied the quickfix script and run at last the ENG Shortcut ....

Really want to play but cannot

just keeps crashing back to desktop from the frozen UI message.

Can anyone start a Reikland, Khorne and averland campaign, save it immediately and upload so I can load the campaign please?

Hard/hard manage all cities and huge unit sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel Ezekiel View Post

Can anyone start a Reikland, Khorne and averland campaign, save it immediately and upload so I can load the campaign please?

How are you able to play ? I tried four times and still cant get this working. It crashes when i try to click on the launcher Can you post how you installed or what thanks. I'll help you with the save file once i get this working

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

@ Fallen Angel -Try right clicking on the RodG16 folder in your Medieval II Total War/mods folder got to properties the security then click on Users and then click on the full control- Allow check box then Apply - OK. after it finishes the ctd on campaign startup should be fixed. I had the same problem and this worked for me, I have windows 7 btw, I don't know if it will work for win 8 and up.

@Karahanli - try this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?661279
    Last edited by DeathtoEgo; March 31, 2016 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karahanli View Post
    How are you able to play ? I tried four times and still cant get this working. It crashes when i try to click on the launcher Can you post how you installed or what thanks. I'll help you with the save file once i get this working
    Hi, I followed gigantus instructions in the original post, if you follow them to the letter it should work.

you may get CTD during a campaign though as the game can be buggy.

@deathtoego, I will try now and come back with the result, thank you.

Hi Gig, I think the install path of the second hotfix (script) is wrong; It doesn't adress the "maps" folder.
    Thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel Ezekiel View Post

I've uploaded the Reikland save just after the UI freeze as you want...

MEDIAFIRE LINK (Reikland campaign save)

Please reply if it works or not...
    Last edited by TheEmperor; March 31, 2016 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Hi Gig, I think the install path of the second hotfix (script) is wrong; It doesn't adress the "maps" folder.
    Thanks for your help...

MEDIA FIRE LINK (Reikland campaign save)

Works!!!!!

Thank you!

Getting a lot of CTD when ending turns though.
    Last edited by Fallen Angel Ezekiel; March 31, 2016 at 03:59 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Thanks for your help...

MEDIAFIRE LINK (Reikland campaign save)

You are right, for some reason the folder set up is incorrect - I have uploaded a corrected version (20160401 - RodG - script), see second post.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 31, 2016 at 11:18 PM.