Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.1b is released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.1b is released!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Because ruling things out in either building requirements, or building upgrade paths isn't that specific. It's not possible to block a single particular province, and if we stopped it appearing in either caucasus or satrapy (the combination unique to Armavir), that would have knock-on effects on other provinces.
    thanks.
    just launched a game for the first time and short campaign for Hayastan still states that you need to conquer 40 regions (as opposed to 20 for other factions). is that the matter of text not being updated or do you indeed need those 40 to win short campaign? also, not a biggie but the game crashes when clicking on more than 3, 4 faction icons in selection screen. thought this issues was long resolved by the mods like DLV etc?

cheers (btw, love the RTW-inspired menu theme)

Apani's Avatar Senator

Why Rome can't recruit Etruscan Hoplites anymore?

Ermmm I don't seem to have a logs folder within the EB folder

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    They can, but it depends on the region and gov building.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

@leonidas302, there's a tutorial on how to move games to different directory in steam, please take a look. After the process is done reinstall the mod.

My game keeps consistently crashing if I select late or all era in custom battle. Am I the only one having this problem?

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

There's too many units to show, that's why it crashes. Simply use early era, all the units will be there anyway, the only difference in late period is that some factions share units, if I'm correct.

EBII Team, many thanks and a thousand blessings upon your houses. This is the mod I've been waiting for, really, since 2006, when I was then a 28 year old political science student and history minor. Now, approaching 40, an internationally published and televised geopolitical analyst and consultant - with a secret addiction to EBII.

While you owed us nothing, you have delivered above and beyond any reasonable call. While I have plunged literally years of my life into this game - with no regrets, not one - I have never felt any modding team ever owed us anything. And yet, here we are with this masterpiece. Many thanks, again.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    My game keeps consistently crashing if I select late or all era in custom battle. Am I the only one having this problem?
    It's because of the AoR, so don't choose any other areas as it requires special EDUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard13 View Post
    EBII Team, many thanks and a thousand blessings upon your houses. This is the mod I've been waiting for, really, since 2006, when I was then a 28 year old political science student and history minor. Now, approaching 40, an internationally published and televised geopolitical analyst and consultant - with a secret addiction to EBII.

While you owed us nothing, you have delivered above and beyond any reasonable call. While I have plunged literally years of my life into this game - with no regrets, not one - I have never felt any modding team ever owed us anything. And yet, here we are with this masterpiece. Many thanks, again.
    Thank you!

before my temper gets the better of me and i get a perman ban,i would like to say thank you for the mod,in my opinion it surpasses eb1 in many areas and really hope you will expand and perfect it further.

just hope quintus sertorius reconsiders his position on elite phalanxes

To the EBII team.
    Congratulations upon the "Autumn" release.
    I've been playing as the Getai "the most manly and law-abiding of the Thracian tribes" all day.
    I've just a few things I'd like to get off my chest though...

I still reckon you should have released "the most historically authentic" units, like the incendiary pigs, head hurlers and Arcani as an expensive,
    cut content "Pay-to-play-me-on-day-one" rip off DLC.

Also, the "promise" of "crazy Elephants" hasn't quite materialised...

and I'm pretty sure "you've got the sandals wrong" on the spintriae male prostitute stood on the corner of the Ostia Docks custom battle map.
    (open toed, fur-lined caligae, with high-heels, didn't make an appearance until the second week of The Thalidomidian Armed reforms of Clit-O-Potamus of Sparta
    ...You twenty-watt lightbulbs should try reading some history books!)

But other than that...OTHER.THAN.THAT.

...it's absolutely superb!

The impeccable unit models, the new unit cards, layout/pathfinding, both AI's, the nostalgic nod with the red loading screens and silhouette video.
    I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

The mod has really started to fulfill its potential and is now worthy of a Triumph in Rome!
    Seriously, very well done to you all! An heroic effort!
    You should all be very proud!
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; December 22, 2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Thanks for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    It's because of the AoR, so don't choose any other areas as it requires special EDUs.

Thank you!
    There seem to be units missing from the early/mid roster. I noticed Thorakitai Epilektoi missing, who are apparently recruitable in campaign, although that seems to be unfinished unit using regular Thorakitai models.

And another question regarding the 1-talent Lithobolos. Is that also unfinished placeholder? It doesn't seem to be recruitable in campaign and its stats are inferior to regular Lithobolos, but ingame model is much bigger, suggesting heavier artillery.

Apani's Avatar Senator

They can't be recruited by Socii Italici anymore.

They can't be recruited by Socii Italici anymore.
    Ooops, Apani is right; they're no longer in the socit. Not sure what happened there, I didn't meant to remove them. It's there in 2.08e as well, not sure when it happened.

If some material things arise, I'll put together an updated patch (2.1c).
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 22, 2015 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by excubitor View Post
    before my temper gets the better of me and i get a perman ban,i would like to say thank you for the mod,in my opinion it surpasses eb1 in many areas and really hope you will expand and perfect it further.

just hope quintus sertorius reconsiders his position on elite phalanxes
    It's not my position alone, and there is absolutely no reason to waste unit slots on giving each faction it's own elite phalanx. They have different skins, that's all they're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    There seem to be units missing from the early/mid roster. I noticed Thorakitai Epilektoi missing, who are apparently recruitable in campaign, although that seems to be unfinished unit using regular Thorakitai models.

And another question regarding the 1-talent Lithobolos. Is that also unfinished placeholder? It doesn't seem to be recruitable in campaign and its stats are inferior to regular Lithobolos, but ingame model is much bigger, suggesting heavier artillery.
    Thorakitai Epilektoi are a placeholder using the regular variety so we don't have Hypaspistai still kicking in the 1st century BC, but they're not available for custom battles.

Not sure what's happened with the artillery.

Quintus:
    i followed the installation to the letter, but i'm not getting a log folder created under EBII afterwards. in the cfg. file it shows
    [log] to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    but no log is ever created.
    I am using SEGA cd version of MTW saved to my c: drive (outside of program files). Every time I try to run the game from the installer if get "encountered unspecified error" and crashes to desktop.
    I've tried changing "windowed & borderless" back & forth to no avail. Also tried to make MTW graphics match desktop graphics, to no use either.
    What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by romulus_remus View Post
    Quintus:
    i followed the installation to the letter, but i'm not getting a log folder created under EBII afterwards. in the cfg. file it shows
    [log] to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    but no log is ever created.
    I am using SEGA cd version of MTW saved to my c: drive (outside of program files). Every time I try to run the game from the installer if get "encountered unspecified error" and crashes to desktop.
    I've tried changing "windowed & borderless" back & forth to no avail. Also tried to make MTW graphics match desktop graphics, to no use either.
    What am I missing?
    Had the same problem with logs, you actually have to manually create the "logs" folder in mods\EBII\ folder.

Hey i got a problem. First off im glad this came out. Thanks for all the work EB team. I wish i had the skills they do to contribute.

But i get an error when i click EB launcher it tells me M2tw path c:\users\Moises\Desktop\Games

Medieval2.exe not found med 2 tw need to be installed.

But i did not install it into that directory. Nor is that where my med 2 is at all. I have medieval 2 kingdoms in my SSD folder F:\Med2\Medieval 2 kingdoms

So what do i do? Im really confused why this is trying to find my game in my Hard drive instead of the folder it is in which is inside the SSd.

Upond further investigation. I found to make the game work i just go to the mod folder and use the Launcher.bat. and game launches. So i guess that solves that.

ANYWAYS THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOME UPDATE! time!
    Last edited by moisesjns; December 22, 2015 at 01:36 PM.

I'm extremely tempted to make the 2.1c patch, should it arise soon, a simple zip that you drag and drop the data folder into your EBII folder. Ie no self-extractor that might try to put it in the wrong place.

Thoughts?