Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grimgor Ironhide Campaign Trailer

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Grimgor Ironhide Campaign Trailer

well, if this is not heavily edited to the point of non-recognition, the campaign map IS gorgeous

Default Grimgor Ironhide Campaign Trailer - In-Engine Cinematic

This trailer seems to show some footage of the campaign map as well. The siege shot looks exceptionally nice.
    The Armenian Issue

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Grimgor Ironhide Campaign Trailer

~ Threads merged. Sorry Setekh, Beregond beat you by 2 minutes ~

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh !!!!!

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Chaos look cool.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Chaos look cool.
    They do indeed, better than in the dlc preview. It's weird that I have always been more interested in the Empire and the Orcs yet for this game they have done it so that Chaos and the Vampires strike me as more interesting (although it might be related to orcs and imperials being a bit lackluster in some areas in terms of design).

The trailer has left me wondering something though, what's with the flyers in the campaign map? Does the stack behave as a "flying army" if it's composed of just air units? Or the fact that we see an orc lord on a wyvern in the campaign map is just a cinematic license?

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Good questions HigoChumbo.... also, what is the relationship of the leaders to each other on the map? How are they moving together? I hope they tell us more soon...
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

They also announced that they're gonna release campaign map video.
    The Armenian Issue

Imperator Artorius's Avatar Miles

A couple of thing I'll give CA credit for on this.

Firstly, the campaign map and battle scenes looked very atmospheric, even to someone who has never played a Warhammer Fantasy game. The siege battle in particular looked a bit crazy (whether it works remains to be seen ofc). For some reason, I got an Age of Wonders 3 vibe from the campaign map if anything.

Secondly, the design of the trailer itself. A lot of the previous trailers for TW content has focused on the much smaller scale 1v1 duel animations we've seen time and time again and its so nice to see CA focus on what TW is all about this time round, the big crazy battles and sieges with rocks flying everywhere etc. Much more reminiscent of the old RTW/ M2 trailers and ultimately more representative of the final product. A small point I know but its nice to see nevertheless.

Tiro

I for once appreciate the look on the architecture of the Empire and greenskins. And of course, the first glimpse of orcish siege towers. First impression would be that every race indeed get their own style

-----Red Dox

Senator

ITS WAAAAAAAGH TIME BOYZ

The trailer looks awfully like the Warcraft Warlords of Draenor cinematic. Music and the general vibes are exactly the same.

Tried to post the video, but don't know how to.
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; November 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Considering "in-engine" is about as representative as the Carthage Siege video was to Carthage Siege in the final release of Rome 2, I would not expect sieges to look or feel that way in the final release and would recommend caution in taking inferring too much from that trailer. So far live gameplays of this game have underwhelmed compared to their promotional for me. Based on CA's record, I am expecting a buggy mess of a siege battle experience, with poor pathfinding AI and a none of the atmosphere portrayed in the trailer.

As for the campaign shots, CA typically delivers what it advertises in terms of graphics in that half of the game, so I expect that is representative enough of what the final campaign map will look like. It remains to be seen how fleshed out their campaign mechanics are however and whether they're going to be 'streamlining' (dropping) any features like last time round.

Libertus

6 siege towers? I don't think I have ever played a TW game where the AI has fielded that many. It looks good, for sure, but to second Evan MF, the trailers rarely represent the real deal.

Tiro

‘In-engine Cinematic’
    The video uses Development in Progress in-game assets and code as a basis for a video shot with cinematic camera techniques to create movie-like footage. This is representative of the themes and general look and feel of the game, but it is not the direct in-game experience you will get when you are physically playing the final game.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...play-quot-mean.
    Even CA says the same thing

-----Red Dox

Didn't like it. The graphics looked good but as Evan said, so did the graphics for Rome 2. The campaign map looked overwrought and reminded me of Endless Legend. It's a great style when not in motion but a blurry indistinguishable mess otherwise.

Haha, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    The trailer has left me wondering something though, what's with the flyers in the campaign map? Does the stack behave as a "flying army" if it's composed of just air units? Or the fact that we see an orc lord on a wyvern in the campaign map is just a cinematic license?
    I think this is just whether or not the general in question leading the army is using their flying mount or not.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    The trailer looks awfully like the Warcraft Warlords of Draenor cinematic. Music and the general vibes are exactly the same.

Tried to post the video, but don't know how to.

I personally find the vibes completelly different.

About how to embed youtube videos:

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Try like this. For instance, for this youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ just pick everything after the "v=" and paste it between the [youtube] command like this:

Last edited by HigoChumbo; November 25, 2015 at 06:03 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Grimgor looked pretty good here, so did the siege scene! Amazing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast