Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle - "Under the Shadow of the Eagle' - By isa0005 (Last Updated: 2/11/2016 - Chapter Five On Hold!)

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle - "Under the Shadow of the Eagle' - By isa0005 (Last Updated: 2/11/2016 - Chapter Four Released!)

Adrien Dauzats,'The Palais de Justice, the Conciergerie and the Tour de l'Horloge' 1858. ed isa0005URL
    <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Filealais_de_justice_1858.jpg>

Default Re: Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle - "Under the Shadow of the Eagle' - By isa0005 (Last Updated: 2/11/2016 - Chapter Four Released!)

So its been a while since I've done any creative writing, uni being what it is and my mental health not being so great. Found out a few months ago that my grandmother is terminally ill (she has a few years though which is okay) and I've been really struggling to deal with my boss who is a real bastard, so life has been a little difficult yet again...

I'm going to try and get back into writing as it seems its good for my old thinkin muscle upstairs, so expect a few updates here and there in the (hopefully) not too distant future... speaking of which, Chapter Five is now under way as you will see above, furthermore I'd like to let everyone know that I've added in a character index which you can check out, its nothing fancy but I'm intending to expand on it at a later date... furthermore I've re-written the prologue and edited all the chapters a little so feel free to check that out Also I added a third chapter to my cyber punk story a while ago, but it didn't seem to get much attention so do go have a look at that if you're interested! Anyway that's about it! Until next time!

Cheers
    isa0005

Senator

Default Re: Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle - "Under the Shadow of the Eagle' - By isa0005 (Last Updated: 2/11/2016 - Chapter Five Coming Soon!)

Glad to hear it chap. Hopefully things go well for you!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle - "Under the Shadow of the Eagle' - By isa0005 (Last Updated: 2/11/2016 - Chapter Five Coming Soon!)

Sounds as if you've been having a bit of a rough time, isa0005. It's good to have you still with us - and it's great news for us that you find writing helpful as well as fun!

You know, I'm sure I read all your cyperpunk story, but it looks as if I didn't comment on that most recent chapter. I'll hop over there now and see if I can think of a constructive remark or two. (While simultaneously waiting eagerly for chapter 5 of this story, of course...)

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh View Post
    Sounds as if you've been having a bit of a rough time, isa0005. It's good to have you still with us - and it's great news for us that you find writing helpful as well as fun!

You know, I'm sure I read all your cyperpunk story, but it looks as if I didn't comment on that most recent chapter. I'll hop over there now and see if I can think of a constructive remark or two. (While simultaneously waiting eagerly for chapter 5 of this story, of course...)
    Its funny, the day I wrote all the stuff about chapter 5 all my end of semester assignments decided to open up so as per usual I'm completely snowed under :S oh well, such is life will get back to the creative writing when I can, mental health permitted haha!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I hope that things are getting better for you and that you will able to return to this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I hope that things are getting better for you and that you will able to return to this in the future.
    Well I'm a year older now and I've just got one last assignment to do and then I'm free! I am feeling allot better, although my situation hasn't really improved, guess I'm just coping better idk... anyway... I've done some work on Chapter 5 but its not even halfway finished, rest assured I'm going to do my best to get it done over the next six to seven weeks! In the mean time go ahead and check out my other story in my sig bellow! Its been edited and part 4 should be coming out between the next few hours and days, depending on how I'm feeling! I've also edited it quite a bit so it should read better then it did I hope! +rep if you like it and let me know what you think! I do love a bit of constructive criticism!
    Last edited by isa0005; June 01, 2016 at 01:30 PM.

Hi all, while I know I posted some time ago that I was working on this, I've found my self encountering a bit of writers block and a serious lack of motivation to continue with this. I just don't have the drive to work with La Roche and Chauville for the moment and while both gentlemen hold a special place in my heart, I think for the time being I shall let them continue to rest. As such for the time being I'd like to let everyone know that Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle is on hold until I feel I can return to it, which no doubt will be in the not too distant future.

In other news, I'm re-writing my short series Random Access Memory as I wanted to add a bit of a 'local' flavor, to it, as it were. My interests in science fiction have really bloomed as of late and my brain is a swarm with ideas!

Hope you all understand and thank you all so much for your support!
    Cheers!

Default Re: Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle - "Under the Shadow of the Eagle' - By isa0005 (Last Updated: 2/11/2016 - Chapter Five On Hold!)

It's all good isa0005 we all experience Writer's block and the best thing to overcome it is to enjoy yourself or write something else (which you seem to be doing). I'll definitely give Random Access Memory a read but it's good that even though you might be stuck on this your mind is buzzing with juicy sci-fi writing goodness. Hope you find the motivation and drive to continue this eventually.

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Dans l'ombre de l'Aigle - "Under the Shadow of the Eagle' - By isa0005 (Last Updated: 2/11/2016 - Chapter Five On Hold!)

Just found this today. A very good read! can't wait for you to write this up again

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

It's a shame we'll have to manage without La Roche and Chauville for a while, but Merchant's right - if you're stuck, it's definitely worth doing something else. If you come back to this, that'll be good. If not, well, at least we've had four chapters to enjoy - and they've been great!

I'll get back to this eventually, the art work I came up with for this is just too damn good not to keep writing this haha!
    In the mean time, I've got something new in the works, have posted a teaser up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123