Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lotr's Dwarves VS Warhammer Dwarfs? Who would win in a War?

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Default Lotr's Dwarves VS Warhammer Dwarfs? Who would win in a War?

Hey guys, been a while since ive posted on here. Been talking to friends about this question. Who would win a war?
    Lord of the Rings Dwarves VS Warhammer Dwarfs. Imagine them being in the same universe. Just a fun topic for a fun thread
    Let the debate, begin!
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Default Re: Lotr's Dwarves VS Warhammer Dwarfs? Who would win in a War?

Ya, I feel that would be a rather short war.

There is no debate. LotR Dwarves are effed.
    LotR Dwarves can´t be taken serious, not with the Hobbit existing. Besides: gunpowder.

There is no way this could become a flamewar ;

But yeah, Warhammer Dwarfs would win. Simply because they survive in a world which is far more dangerous than LotR.
    It would take more than one Dragon to lose a Karak.

Do LotR dwarves even have actual armour? Like, in the books, isn't middle earth rather "primitive" with everyone just sporting chainmail?

I'd say the stunties with gunpowder, ironclads, aircraft and a really, really bad temper win.
    The other Beardlings don't stand a chance.

Civitate

What's the difference?

Heck, I'd say the slayers alone could tip the scales in the Warhammer dwarve's favor, not even counting gun powder or gyrocopters.

LotR dwarves couldn't get to the battlefield.

As much as i love LOTR dwarfs...yea...no contest

Shameless self promotion for my LP channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClE...NDSg/playlists

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Warhammer ones, hands down. I wouldn't play a dwaft faction even if you killed me, but there is no contest here.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Considering Warhammer Dwarves are basically Tolkien Dwarves plus gunpowder, the comparison is ultimately similar to determinining whether a 16th century Rennaissance army (with gyrocopters!) could conceivably even be dented by your typical 10th century viking horde. The two Dwarven factions are separated by technological development level alone; the physical, psychological and spiritual/magical factors are essentially parallell.

A more interesting discussion would be something like Mordor (Tolkien orcs) vs. Orks & Goblins (Tolkien orks + Conan the Barbarian).

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Am I the only one that was impressed by the Iron Hill Army of Dain in the last Hobbit movie? And I think that was just a part of the full power of Dwarvendom in Middle Earth. We never got to see a united dwarven army or how Elf vs Dwarf wars worked.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    Am I the only one that was impressed by the Iron Hill Army of Dain in the last Hobbit movie? And I think that was just a part of the full power of Dwarvendom in Middle Earth. We never got to see a united dwarven army or how Elf vs Dwarf wars worked.
    Short answer - Yes.
    Long answer - Since when did headbutting someone in the chest with plate armour without any personal headgear of your own actually cause enough damage to kill someone twice your height?

On-topic. As much as I like LOTR, Warhammer Dwarves would win. Mainly because they are pretty much the same thing but with gunpowder.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dude with the Food View Post
    Short answer - Yes.
    Long answer - Since when did headbutting someone in the chest with plate armour without any personal headgear of your own actually cause enough damage to kill someone twice your height?

On-topic. As much as I like LOTR, Warhammer Dwarves would win. Mainly because they are pretty much the same thing but with gunpowder.
    A strong headbutt to the chest could literally stop your heart and lead to cardiac arrest. Dwarves have strong skulls and tough bodies, ergo...

And how strong is goblin armor in LOTR, really? Do they have the same skill in smithing as the dwarves? If not, then they're not much better than leather armor. More like cheaply manufactured tin/aluminum/chitinous plating stuff really.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Miles

It's Warhammer dwarves all the way. Tolkien's dwarves had a bad temper and a lot of pride, but were actually not inherently warlike, they were made by Aule to be craftsmen, who were so sturdy they just also double as pretty solid fighters. I mean there are some pretty solid evidence of dwarves been very capable fighters (Making armor that could even resist dragon fire back during the First Age) but ultimately they were way more interested in making things, not war. The Dwarfs in Warhammer seem to actually have a real warrior culture. If we are talking legitimately about 'LotR' and not Middle Earth period, definetely the Warhammer dwarves, because the dwarven race peaked 2 ages earlier when there was actually open and friendly trade between the Elves and Dwarves. They never bounced back from their war with the Elves, and they faced further decline with their war against the Orcs.

Honestly basically any 'counterpart' race between Warhammer and LotR it's going to likely go to Warhammer. Because Warhammer was concieved to be about war, it's primarily a tabletop game, where LotR is a story, it's less about the war and more about the characters. I guess the only exceptions I could see is if you pitted Numenor against The Empire, even then you would probably have to remove the Warhammer magic and gunpowder, or maybe Melkor's dark forces against the Warhammer Orcs, but then again that isn't really fair since Melkor had a lot more going for him than just orcs.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Meh Dwarves in LotR is the most warlike of any of the other races. Galadiel thought they were the best troops in middle earth to pit against the Orks. Not that they would beat the Warhammer Dwarves who are the same guys with more technology.

But warhammer is pretty much LotR turned up to 11 and made into a wargame. Its sillier and sometimes stupid. But it makes comparing the two a bit redundant.

The elves and some of the men in LotR though are more individually powerful than their warhammer counterparts, except from the magic obviously.

As for armor, in the books the Dwarves use chain mail and scale mail. The movies though move the technology of middle earth up to the high middle ages with crossbows and plate. Good choice in my opinion.
    Last edited by Påsan; August 28, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    A more interesting discussion would be something like Mordor (Tolkien orcs) vs. Orks & Goblins (Tolkien orks + Conan the Barbarian).
    My answer would be Warhammer again. Warhammer is a way more dangerous place than LotR. After all, the Warhammer Orcs can beat human armies with unnatural strength (chaos, Bretonnia and to some extend even the empire) and those who are more technological than the likes of Gondor.
    Sure if you take the Uruk hai into account, than the LotR would have a phalanx/pike advantage. But such formations are only good as long the formation doesn't break. And Warhammer Orcs have things which could break up such things (giants for example).

I think the more pressing question is which side brews the better beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    I think the more pressing question is which side brews the better beer?
    We all know that if it came to that, they'd all get together and start drinking.

Next thing you know they'll either be best of friends, or there will be several more entries into the Book of Grudges.
    Forward, march!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast