Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    That's unfortunate. I like the idea of one turn one month, but I suppose it'd lead to some unforeseen balance issue if nothing else has been changed.
    You'll not have any issues. The only thing affected is the political ranking which will be slower.

Yeah, its a common misconception but its actually the opposite of what you would expect. If you change all other game systems to match 12 TPY, then you will run into a lot of balance issues. The game moves along as it normally would in 12 TPY, its just that years go by slower, characters age slower and seasons matter a bit more since they last longer.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    I take it the 12tpy submod doesn't affect things like tech and build times?
    If you like SF then you can try 12TPY. Almost all TPY are pure garbage. Peoples are hard trying to simulate historical years (see the imperial army changes, for example) but let technology and build times for fiction. To have such important researches in 4 or 5 turns, which means 1-2 years in the game, but in real life take dozens or hundreds or years..is for me inadmissible.

Hey guys,

Just started a new campaign and decided to try out the 12 TPY submod. All is well except I have noticed that the seasons are quite a bit "off." For example, winter begins in October and spring starts in January.

Its a minor thing for sure, but gets a little annoying a breaks immersion quite a bit (for me anyway). Any way to fix this or is it hard coded into the game that way?

Unfortunately I think its hard coded. You can change it for a bit then it will revert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Unfortunately I think its hard coded. You can change it for a bit then it will revert.
    I think that Ygraine have already fixed that in DV.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 08, 2017 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I think that Ygraine have already fixed that in DV.
    Correct.

I assume there is no way to just get that fix without installing the entire DV mod? I like some of the aspects of DV, but there are also a lot of things I don't like.

I think it's just a small change in the text files, actually. Should be pretty easy to change.

Oh really, does it stay changed? Everytime I would try to fix it, the darn thing would keep reverting on me. Then again I guess changing the text just for the 12TPY mod would be better than trying to change it directly in the startpos...that makes more sense now that I think about it

--

Added a new submod that removes major faction bonuses.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 08, 2017 at 05:59 PM.

The "no PO negative from Garrisoning" submod seems to be messing with the supply system tooltips. Not sure whether it's actually messing with the supply system. Tried a new Grand Campaign with nothing but DEI 1.2 and this submod active, and the tooltips on province and army for the supply system aren't showing up.

Sounds like the scripts aren't activating for the supply system - are you sure you don't have an older version of the no garrisoning mod? The newer version doesn't have any script changes.

If thats not it, then you have another mod (maybe a campaign camera mod?) thats interfering.

Goatse Mare,

Try this link on steam as it realigns all the correct seasons to the correct months,at least it does for me..http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=610640779

Hi
    I want to use 1 tpy submod and i want know what will be missed in game after using it due to the unbalances may happen.will political ranking work faster according to the game pace?And i read something about historical characters and historical events in your forum although i don't know yet this features are released are not?
    In fact i played a campaign(with 1TPY submod) with Rome in n/n difficulty and in 265 BC(12 turns) Etruria was under my control Pyrrhus was defeated and Italy secured so i conquered Syracuse and Punic wars began due to an event(I was deeply impressed by that.. hope CA had your minds) but i felt AI was not in harmony with a 1TPY mod because AI expansions was so slow and its armies was so weak in quantity in compare of mine and Carthage had no chance against me in Sicily because it was busy with nearly 8 other wars except me and couldn't concentrate on me as i was its most dangerous rival.in addition my characters political rank stayed the same since beginning(although i don't know the requirements for their promotion).

I wouldn't recommend 1 TPY submod with DEI. You should use the standard setting or 12 TPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I wouldn't recommend 1 TPY submod with DEI. You should use the standard setting or 12 TPY.
    Why??I mean why you don't recommend 1 tpy can you give me details thank you?. Personally i hoped that CA made this game according to 4tpy and a marathon campaign but it's not and 4tpy in this engine cause serious historical inaccuracies.I'm OK with that If 4 tpy campaign cause slight historical inaccuracies but taking all the world in 190 BC or even 200 is not touching.I know that i can change reform dates via lua script but i should give the number 600 turns at least to Marian reforms until it make sense and that number is beyond reach in campaign and very likely imperial reforms will not happen at all if i want to give it the number 1000 turns for minimum.

The main reason is that you will have 4 seasons in a year at 4TPY and also generals/characters age slower. So you can actually get attached to some generals and have them progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The main reason is that you will have 4 seasons in a year at 4TPY and also generals/characters age slower. So you can actually get attached to some generals and have them progress.
    Thank you for your answer....and is there any way that i can do for make campaign progress slower in order to make it last more than 1000 turns in 4tpy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by salar2552 View Post
    Thank you for your answer....and is there any way that i can do for make campaign progress slower in order to make it last more than 1000 turns in 4tpy mode.
    I already have an idea to make it happen by quadruple the build and tech times both for AI and player and maybe if it's not enough increasing garrison numbers.
    This will make game more challenging and more difficult as well because losing a battle now have more severe consequences as it take much more time to replace the lost units.For example hastati will take 4 turns to build and city main chain building take 24 turns to upgrade.In this case you can also add different build times for units according to their quality..for example training hastati would take 2 turns and training principes would take 3 turns and triarii would take 4 turns to train and an auxiliary levie unit like hoplite militias would take just 1 turn to train.

You can use the increased build/tech/cost submod along with a TPY submod.