Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

Default Re: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

no work; the upkeep costs are the same whether it's on or off.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Have you tried with a new game as well ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Pack is fine and working, savegame compatible from the same turn, couldn't be otherwise for the way it's done.
    Anyway I've tested and had 1000 gdp more in my campaign.
    Probably you have disabled "out of date" mods, since this pack should be quite old. Search the net for how to re-enable them, dunno.
    Or try this pack I've renamed and resaved, maybe for launcher it's ok (EDIT: now I see that dresden reuploaded pack yesterday, but without changing pack name, try mine or search how to re-enable)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/hpcwfg...pkeepcost.pack
    Otherwise it is an activation/loading order issue. Can't see any other reason, besides some file corruption, who knows.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 10, 2018 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Pack is fine and working, savegame compatible from the same turn, couldn't be otherwise for the way it's done.
    Anyway I've tested and had 1000 gdp more in my campaign.
    Probably you have disabled "out of date" mods, since this pack should be quite old. Search the net for how to re-enable them, dunno.
    Or try this pack I've renamed and resaved, maybe for launcher it's ok (EDIT: now I see that dresden reuploaded pack yesterday, but without changing pack name, try mine or search how to re-enable)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/hpcwfg...pkeepcost.pack
    Otherwise it is an activation/loading order issue. Can't see any other reason, besides some file corruption, who knows.

None of this is working. I have out of date mods enabled, I tried starting a new campaign, I set the Reduced upkeep submod first using the old mod manager (since the official one doesn't have an order sort), all the upkeep costs are the same on or off. I also tried using the renamed pack you have attached there.

With and without the pack on, I keep getting these same upkeep numbers starting as Macedon (Antigonidai) on Normal mode from the first turn

2774 income
    Hiera Ile cost 507
    Chalkaspides cost 232
    Hippakontistai cost 140
    Iphikratous Peltastai cost 135

The other mods and submods I have on are:

Rome Total War 1 music
    Faster Battles v2
    DeI 4tpy tech cost
    DeI female barbarian generals
    DeI recruitable gladiators
    DeI Dresden sack_liberate diplomacy options
    DeI Softcore (default one)

The old mod manager isn't supported. You could easily sort your mods adding @@@ plus numbers after them. I'm not sure if the submods listed are updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    The old mod manager isn't supported. You could easily sort your mods adding @@@ plus numbers after them. I'm not sure if the submods listed are updated.
    All of them thus far appear to be working except the Diplomacy options one as I haven't played as a Barbarian faction yet to test it, and I tried using the reduced upkeep with the multiple @'s and it still did nothing

I can't test it since I'm not near my gaming pc. But if Jake says it works, then the issue is somewhere in your Data folder.
    Just make sure the submod appears as it should in the launcher, cause sometimes Steam just deletes pack files, plus double check your Data folder for any remnants of previous versions of the mod or other incompatible submods.

I THINK it is working when I disable all the other submods. It doesn't show any conflict with any of the other submods I have but something in one of the others is affecting the upkeep costs in such a way as to nullify the Reduced Upkeep submod completely, because even when I took off all the submods AND the reduced upkeep submod, the Upkeep cost of units was LESS than what it was with all the submods on.

EDIT: I found it. It's the 4tpy Research times that is somehow conflicting with the reduced upkeep mod, somehow. Or else it's doing something to the economy that completely negates the effects of the reduced upkeep mod.
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; May 10, 2018 at 03:44 PM.

I THINK it is working when I disable all the other submods. It doesn't show any conflict with any of the other submods I have but something in one of the others is affecting the upkeep costs in such a way as to nullify the Reduced Upkeep submod completely, because even when I took off all the submods AND the reduced upkeep submod, the Upkeep cost of units was LESS than what it was with all the submods on.

EDIT: I found it. It's the 4tpy Research times that is somehow conflicting with the reduced upkeep mod, somehow. Or else it's doing something to the economy that completely negates the effects of the reduced upkeep mod.
    Standard DEI already has 4tpy research time.

but the default tech research times are very fast (47 to reach Provincial Romanization as Rome) and the basic build time is 6 turns while the 4tpy submod doubles those numbers ?

I'm looking in both pack files using Pack File Manager and seeing the 4tpy/Double Tech research time and Reduced Upkeep both alter the Campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects section (under different names) with different information, but I don't know anything else as to how this all works.

EDIT: I went and deleted the campaign difficulty handicaps table in the Double Tech time pack and now the Reduced Upkeep mod works fine
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; May 11, 2018 at 01:53 PM.

I went and deleted the campaign difficulty handicaps table in the Double Tech time pack and now the Reduced Upkeep mod works fine
    Great

I remember there being a submod that changed city names back to their Imperetor Augustas names. Like from Pella to Thessaloniki. Does anyone know what happened to the download?

I will see if I can find it

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Here it is
    IA Campaign
    Imperator Augustus Submod - changes region names and historical cultural bonuses to better match the IA campaign (since we use the same map for the grand campaign)

Cheers Dresden

can someone tell me why my greeks dont have spears? they do the animation but thats it i am using the unit variation reduced mod. so i guess it is a glitch with the submod

The reduced variation submod hasn't been updated in a very long time and isnt fully compatible with the latest version, although honestly I don't know if its necessary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cassio1822 View Post
    can someone tell me why my greeks dont have spears? they do the animation but thats it i am using the unit variation reduced mod. so i guess it is a glitch with the submod
    Do you have serious FPS issues ? if not, you don't have to use this submod., plus you could just click on my sig for various performance tips.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 28, 2018 at 06:46 AM.

yeah i have some serious fps problems specialy when i have 30 plus units on the battle map. and thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by cassio1822 View Post
    yeah i have some serious fps problems specialy when i have 30 plus units on the battle map. and thanks for the reply.
    No problem. Feel free to post there anytime.