Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Petition] Campaign Map Tools

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Petition] Campaign Map Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Black Watch 1745 View Post
    I have Shadow of Mordor (I would not have got it if I had known they were going to have a go at the Skyrim mod) and yes I hardly play it now. The graphics are good but sometimes the game can be near damn impossible (there is one orc captain who seems to have some sort of vendetta and always turns up after three minutes to kill me instantly). The thing with that is I cannot really get into the thing, I want a good game set during the War of the Ring, not a game with made up ranger set years before. Still been playing MOS for TATW and that still holds up pretty well.
    With the petition, I wonder what else can be done to drum up support? If only we could resurrect J.R.R. Tolkein and get him to put pressure on them, either that or we march on CA to this music:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last March of the Ents eh? Hehe.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

I signed the petition but the number doesn't seem to have gone any higher
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR View Post
    I signed the petition but the number doesn't seem to have gone any higher
    It sometimes takes a while for the server to process your vote, so never fear.

we should tell famous total war youtubers about this petition.

Thats what I was thinking. Im on it now. Mr J, I guess you have some connection to YT too right? Or anyone else here. If you do have some ways to make it public, do it!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

To be honest I don't want make it very much public. Because the petition itself is made a bit incorrect. It's stated there we need tools for our mod or mods like ours plus screenshot of our unit. CA can't support it coz they are not copyright owners of lotr gaming. And the guy who made that petition isnt out team member so we have no idea how to contact him or change the petition. From another side, starting a new petition would take much more time to achieve good results. More, I think CA will soon stop supporting ATTILA with new TW historic title and if we ever get campaign map tools they will be available for newier titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    To be honest I don't want make it very much public. Because the petition itself is made a bit incorrect. It's stated there we need tools for our mod or mods like ours plus screenshot of our unit. CA can't support it coz they are not copyright owners of lotr gaming. And the guy who made that petition isnt out team member so we have no idea how to contact him or change the petition. From another side, starting a new petition would take much more time to achieve good results. More, I think CA will soon stop supporting ATTILA with new TW historic title and if we ever get campaign map tools they will be available for newier titles.
    Does this mean if newer total war titles have more modding abilities such as map editors etc. RoM may move again to another TW title?

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Unlikely considering it'll probably be two years at least until a new historical game and there will likely be another 6 months onto that before modding tools. I also doubt we'll have a campaign map editor for anything on Warscape and a Warhammer trilogy on Warscape, I can see it being used for a few years yet. All in all, there should be enough progress on ATW that upgrading to a new game would take too much effort unless you are happy to delay final release by months. There's also the probablity that CA will return to a post-Medieval setting with something like Empire 2 and the game will be unsuitable for Middle-Earth anyway.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Default Re: Campaign Map petition

Signed

/signed!

Can we reach the 2.500 milestone, too? Let everyone you know sign the petition!
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

They still won't release a tool to mod ETW campaign map, what makes anyone think they will do it for Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    They still won't release a tool to mod ETW campaign map, what makes anyone think they will do it for Attila?
    Empire is old and no more ofc supported?

Mr.J,

Have you tried getting in contact with anyone from CA? If you can convince them of the increase in revenue that this mod and countless other mods could bring to the Attila franchise than you might just have the ability to have this map tool editor created. Just a random thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Member of the Maiar View Post
    Mr.J,

Have you tried getting in contact with anyone from CA? If you can convince them of the increase in revenue that this mod and countless other mods could bring to the Attila franchise than you might just have the ability to have this map tool editor created. Just a random thought.
    Actually yes, I used to speak to one of the CA members a couple of times. And because of this we can not throw our mod as an example of modding due to the copyrights etc. Also I see why we can't have map tools for Attila.
    The correct state for petition should be:
    "The next historic title of TW should have full modding assembly kit support: campaign map, battlemap, music, UI, db, videos etc."
    No mentioning our mod either way.

I don't think that it helps if only one person is going to talk with CA. The creation of these mod tools require a paid team of experienced people and they won't do it if one person asks for it, even if this person says that he gets support from the whole community. For this request a big part of the community needs to get into action.

Spam CA EVERYWHERE with our request and show them your support for us, subscribe to our petition and tell your friends about it! Show CA that not only a few "hardcore" modders request this tools, show them your presence! If everyone does it we might have success!

Sorry for this bold text but I HAD to do it.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Much agreement
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

It lacks little in 7500

I signed and spread the word everywhere
    In our next RoM faction trailer we will add a strong call to action. Word. This Middle Earth map would be the cherry on an already magnificent cake!
    You got my and Kaisas full support.

Cheers, Wolf

ps. and if this is just a money problem - maybe we should start a kickstarter campaign and pay some guys who create this map on behalf. Even though you RoM-devs never would take money for your work, this might be a way to get someone working on it on CA´s end. I personally would donate 50 € just to be able to play this mod on the real ME map. But maybe it´s more than just a money thing - maybe it has to do with legal stuff... we need to get into a real and civilized discussion with CA about this.
    Last edited by The Wolfman; January 14, 2016 at 02:41 PM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfman View Post
    I signed and spread the word everywhere
    In our next RoM faction trailer we will add a strong call to action. Word. This Middle Earth map would be the cherry on an already magnificent cake!
    You got my and Kaisas full support.

Cheers, Wolf

ps. and if this is just a money problem - maybe we should start a kickstarter campaign and pay some guys who create this map on behalf. Even though you RoM-devs never would take money for your work, this might be a way to get someone working on it on CA´s end. I personally would donate 50 € just to be able to play this mod on the real ME map. But maybe it´s more than just a money thing - maybe it has to do with legal stuff... we need to get in a real discussion with CA about this.
    An independent experienced programmer could create a complete map tool possibly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast