Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

nord13's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

@Úlfhéðinn bit offtopic but..have you ever think remake your great Norsemen mod for Atilla?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

4 races is still 3 more than every other TW game has had. Honourable mention to Shogun 2 for being exstra non-diverse.

And OBVIOUSLY the 4 races are not going to be constricted into 4 factions. The greatest war in Europe pre 1900's was a bloody civil war in the Holy Roman Empire. Hey that empire is in the game in just that timeframe. yeey.

Not my kind of game. I am more for historical games. Will not buy it. remember TW team, there are still some gaps to fill in your time line (Renaissance, Victorian Age). I have bought all TW games and I continue to support it, but not fantasy!

nord13's Avatar Foederatus

i hope this game will be great as king arthur the roleplaying wargame( basicly that game is total war with flyin creatures and fantasy things)...ofc also hope for much better optimization

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Here is a question, being that they are going to release the game and two expansions maybe there is a different way to think about it? Maybe its more like this, they have X amount of time until release, so they only have so much time, and maybe what they want to do with the game they can only get part way to where they want to be before release. So that's the base game as far as they could get with the time they were given probably by Games Workshop and Sega. With the ability to release content after the game is out we will get two expansions. Now DLC is different, if you don't like it don't get it simple as that.

Also this is something else that i realized, isnt Games Workshop they worst company of all time for "DLC" like content? When ever you buy into Warhammer, 40k or otherwise the foundational packs to start a army are never the complete Warhammer table top game, they have whole stores worth of shelves filled with DLC additional faction DLC boxes, additional commander DLC, additional troops DLC, they don't even come textured you have to buy Paint DLC and the brush software to make your own textures, you aren't even giving a battle to fight on you have to buy that separately as well. How do they get away with this and not have their fanbase raising hell every time some new DLC or expansion pack is released? why aren't they accused of cut content? Ah ok because they have been doing it for so long its acceptable and every knows how hard and costly those little units are to make for Games Workshop.
    Last edited by BanditKS; April 24, 2015 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    4 races is still 3 more than every other TW game has had. Honourable mention to Shogun 2 for being exstra non-diverse.

And OBVIOUSLY the 4 races are not going to be constricted into 4 factions. The greatest war in Europe pre 1900's was a bloody civil war in the Holy Roman Empire. Hey that empire is in the game in just that timeframe. yeey.

Was not obvious to me but its a really good point that there could be multiple factions per race in the game, interesting and good news if true.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Guys GUYS!!!!!

GUYS!

It is all about killing other races (or in some cases the same race) in a awesome and colourful ways!

DRUCHII!!!!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Guys GUYS!!!!!

GUYS!

It is all about killing other races (or in some cases the same race) in a awesome and colourful ways!

DRUCHII!!!!
    That could be very entertaining no doubt about that but at the moment I want to find out if CA are selling the game in 3 parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    That could be very entertaining no doubt about that but at the moment I want to find out if CA are selling the game in 3 parts.
    Okey this is my honest opinion:

I am fine by that, they are suppose to be standalone for each, and if none of the suppose race doesn't interest people, why don't have to buy it.
    Again as a warhammer player I knew it was a huge task, I mean "a orc fights like a orc" is a good reason to simple focus on making those 4 races unique.
    We are talking about the cities, their navy, their models, their magic and general speech.

I would be gravely disappointed if those 4 races wasn't spilt up in multiple factions, as a warhammer player those races aren't as united as they pretend.

Sooo yeah I know CA was Up front and told us it is a trilogy, but I don't mind that much?
    I have own:
    - tomb king army.
    - Empire.
    - Dark elves.
    - Chaos.
    - Brets army.

I know how they act, and I think (as soon I heard the news) it is a huge task.
    And I would be disappointed if not all factions got its place.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

as many users predicted, of course i won't buy (the first time since 1998) this total war title; no problems about the other players who love fantasy mood, in latin we say "de gustibus non disputandum est" so, anyone likes what he want... but definitively, it's not my time, and it's not "OUR" (not "mine") total war... By the way, I'm still playing RTW, MTW2, ETW, NTW, ShTW2 (+fots and ros), TWR2 (with all dlcs) and TWA (that has resulted to be a very great, enjoying and histocarilly accurate game!), so, after the work of the day (i'm a lawyer for a communist italian trade union and suffered so poor free time...), i'll have many hours to enjoy with the old titles. Don't hate me just because i hate dragon and wizard and love tanks, artillery and aviation warfare.

Will we have a Total War: World War? Maybe with the political and economic features of Europa Universalis? I hope so.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Tartknocker View Post
    CA is cursed with some of the worst fanbase in the history of gaming. I am excited for this release and hope they do a bang up job worthy of the IP. I see the DLC conspiracy theorists are hard at work, trying to make everything seem like a money grab.
    There is no hard work involved here whatsoever. People are commenting on what CA has already confirmed. These aren't "conspiracy theories." The game will have substantial DLC and will be broken into three parts as confirmed by Will. The game will not have mod tools and it is coming out on the same 32 bit engine that all TW games have been made on since Empire was developed in the middle years of the last decade. All of the features and problems with that engine are well known and documented. CA's DLC practices are also equally well known. Do the math. Do you believe that the Warhammer Total War game(s) will be materially different than the games that proceeded it? What will be so different about Warhammer?

As a early teenager I had 3 main hobbies, rugby, football and warhammer. so I don't get this hate for a so called "nerds" game all types of people play warhammer, kids, teenagers and a lot of adults too. (just wanted to get that off my chest).

I think its a great idea the first TW game ive actually looked forward too buying in a long time, I have bought all the tw games so far but it needed a new direction personally it was the same games with different skins tbh. And considering historical tws are being developed along side warhammer tw I think its a fantastic opportunity to expand the fanbase of tw and warhammer and to try something new with a product that already has a large fanbase.

I still actually have my model armies stored and althought I don't play the table top version anymore I love the fact for once a good warhammer game will be produced. The idea of seeing all the vastly different armies to choose from to me is more enjoyable than say picking the romans or the gauls in rome 2. This will be vastly different the battles along will be a lot more challengeing when u consider magic and huge flying beasts will force ur tactics to be different than all other tw wars games so far.

I must say I was a lot more into the 40k version of warhammer and the novels etc but I understand the lore of warhammer 40k is so vast its pretty much impossible to do on a tw format.

My experience is that no game is the same in TW serial, I wait and see. I find interesting the diversity that this fantasy has, the quality of the final product and the relation to its price is yet to be seen.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 24, 2015 at 12:17 PM.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

If this has already been said, I beg your pardon because I didn't want to read through 24 pages of comments.

I hope the Bretonnians are a playable faction in the original version, and not just DLC to be added afterward. For Bretonnia! For the Lady and the Grail! CHARGE!!!

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

I'm very glad to hear that Warhammer will be made in tandem with the traditional historical series of games. I feared Warhammer might spell the death of CA's forays into history.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
    WAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHH!!!!!!

TotalWarJunkie's Avatar Civis

I'm excited to see where this goes! I'm also very relieved to hear that this game is being developed by a dedicated team, so that it won't interfere with the release cycle of the historical games. Props to CA for trying something now. Now please, make it amazing! I would love nothing more than to sink hundreds of hours into this game.
    "Favente Deo Supero" - By God's favour I Conquer

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh so View Post
    They're not saying the will split anything.. yet they're simply saying they're going to release a trilogy of games. That does not mean instantly mean a money grab and chopping up content, we could have 3 concurrent really interesting campaigns and its good news for those interested in a fantasy totalwar that this wont be just a one off. We really don't have enough information yet to make any assumptions.
    Fair enough, it is very early to make any assumptions but CA's and Games Workshop's track record don't exactly lend them selves to getting the benefit of the doubt but I really do hope they prove me wrong because this could potentially be some of the best games ever.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by cwood92 View Post
    Fair enough, it is very early to make any assumptions but CA's and Games Workshop's track record don't exactly lend them selves to getting the benefit of the doubt but I really do hope they prove me wrong because this could potentially be some of the best games ever.
    The track record of SEGA/CA and GW speaks volumes. Saying "we don't have enough information yet" is the fanboy perspective that is very happy with things just as they are.