Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

when can we expect some new info?

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    That is an interesting observation. I however could not possibly comment.

-Will CA
    My only question is will the "stand alone" expansions which presumably have more races be plugged into a grand campaign where we get all of the races together eventually.
    Otherwise it's less epic than I first thought.

As for the modding I expected GW would treat it much like the tabletop. But I guess at least the figures are manually modified in the tabletop game. They cannot stop that at least.
    Last edited by Destraex; April 23, 2015 at 04:26 AM.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    My only question is will the "stand alone" expansions which presumably have more races be plugged into a grand campaign where we get all of the races together eventually.
    Otherwise it's less epic than I first thought.
    Future instalments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II). You’ll be able to get just these and play them on their own if you like or, if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World.

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_CA View Post
    Future instalments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II). You’ll be able to get just these and play them on their own if you like or, if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World.
    that is great news, I'd hate to have a few small seperate campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post
    Will, now we know that there is 4 races, can you tell us how many faction per race can we hope for ?

Is the 2 expensions will be stand alone or adding new world in the map of the first game ? Are they going to add things to the first game ?

Can we hope for new race/faction ? The skaven litteraly have 5 major clans, it could be great !

I understand if you can't answer those questions btw
    There isn't much more that I can add, but I will say that it is certainly worth having a look a the Steam page:

The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies.

Hungry for the vicious brutality of combat, the Greenskins flock to the tribe of Grimgor Ironhide; Orcs and Goblins alike filled with an insatiable thirst for carnage.

High King Thorgrim orders the stoic Dwarfs forth from their mountain strongholds, marching to vengefully right the grave injustices dealt to them over the millennia.

Yet the motives of the Vampire Counts under Mannfred von Carstien are shrouded in murderous secrecy, his armies raised from the rotting ranks of the dead.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Then I look forward to the lack of black ants this time around. I want to see the splendour of my Knights Panther and Griffon Riders.

Anybody remember that old game mark of chaos and it's expansion... maybe I need to get a fix from that if this is another year off
    Generally I am pretty happy with this whole announcement.

Last edited by Destraex; April 23, 2015 at 04:41 AM.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Love it. Want it.
    Since we all kinda expected something like Warhammer Total War for a few years, the anouncement is really not surprising.

The races in Warhammer are massively different in variation and content compared to factions we’ve depicted in our games before. Given the huge variety in creatures, characters and machines in the Warhammer world, we’ve decided to go deep rather than wide. We’ll be putting as much unit and content variation as we can into the main game to best represent the incredibly detailed races we’ve chosen first.
    -Will CA
    This implies that there will be further races / factions in future games or as DLC. Which means culture packs really will bring whole new twist to the gameplay. Bring on my Skaven DLC.

Hi Will. You said the playable factions in the game are 'races', not 'factions'. Does this mean that each race will have a selection of factions within it? For instance, in Rome 2 you choose to be of Gallic culture and then pick a sub-faction such as Nervii or Arverni. Will we see a similar thing such as the ability to pick your kingdom as the Empire or your tribe as the Greenskins?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcast View Post
    Hi Will. You said the playable factions in the game are 'races', not 'factions'. Does this mean that each race will have a selection of factions within it? For instance, in Rome 2 you choose to be of Gallic culture and then pick a sub-faction such as Nervii or Arverni. Will we see a similar thing such as the ability to pick your kingdom as the Empire or your tribe as the Greenskins?
    Taken form the Steam Store page: "The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies."
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Sad, the total war series has moved away from it's first love But perhaps, this may be good just like Shogun 2 after Empire.

So, best of luck and I really hope it's modifiable and, Campaign tooo.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Well, really good news!!!
    Yesterday when I read the news and I found this, I became so happy. When we started The Sundering project for M2TW we allways espected that one day CA would be able to create a Total War game based on the Warhammer world, and now it´s the day hehehe.
    The only thing I want to reprimand you is because I haven´t seen my dears High Elves. Five years I have spent in develop the background and create accurate rosters, and designing proper units for the high elves, and later CA doesn´t considered them sufficiently important for the first game hehehehe. I hate you hehehehe. I hope that Lord Aisslin will appear, at least destroying norses villages hehehehe.

But one thing I have to ask, The management of the cities are going to continue being as simple as the actual or you are going to deepen on creating something more... funny? I said this because the only bad thing I have found bad in Attila has been the building system, and in Warhammer you can deepen a lot on this cause the imperial cities are...welll the imperial cities are the imperial cities hehehehe.

I wish you the best in the development of the game!!!
    Last edited by Pyrosh; April 23, 2015 at 05:08 AM.

will, I do not ask the details, but tell whether the economy has changed, hiring units, the construction of cities, trade? That is all the social part of the game, which is the most ill-conceived in the total war series. Just say yes or no.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrosh View Post
    Well, really good news!!!
    Yesterday when I read the news and I found this, I became so happy. When we started The Sundering project for M2TW we allways espected that one day CA would be able to create a Total War game based on the Warhammer world, and now it´s the day hehehe.
    The only thing I want to reprimand you is because I haven´t seen my dears High Elves. Five years I have spent in develop the background and create accurate rosters, and designing proper units for the high elves, and later CA doesn´t considered them sufficiently important for the first game hehehehe. I hate you hehehehe. I hope that Lord Aisslin will appear, at least destroying norses villages hehehehe.

But one thing I have to ask, The management of the cities are going to continue being as simple as the actual or you are going to deepen on creating something more... funny? I said this because the only bad thing I have found bad in Attila has been the building system, and in Warhammer you can deepen a lot on this cause the imperial cities are...welll the imperial cities are the imperial cities hehehehe.

I wish you the best in the development of the game!!!

Ulthuan and Naggaroth will probably be the first expansion.

I hope the game will be just as good as (it will probably be a lot better) these mods.
    Last edited by cenkiss; April 23, 2015 at 05:19 AM.

Sounds great, reminds me of DoW 1 and its expansions!

This is amazing news indeed, my favorite tabletop and book series in a total war franchise!? Count me in!!

To Will or Darren,

Will Total War: Warhammer be based around the End Times timeline? Or will it take place in a complete new storyline and setting?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Ohh Khaine it is a great idea, please let us still be able to mod the game.
    Taken form the Steam Store page: "The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies."
    Hey Will as you see on this map, which represent the land of Sigmar.
    Will we be able to choose to play other elector counts?
    As in, I really like Averland and the old story of Solland ^^

What I mean the Empire of man isn't as united, as we like to believe, I think they have had 3 civil wars.
    And some of the wars led the number of states from 12 to 10.

Same can be said about the vampire counts, the only thing which rival their strength is their lust to dominate everything living or dead.
    The Von Carstien success has always been ruined by inner conflict.

don't know enough about the dorfs, every time I knock on the door, they just yell at me and treat me with the "lever to flood the world"?

The Orcs and gobs has always be spilt into smaller tribes, only to unite under a warlord banner if he was strong enough to beat them.

What I mean, don't make all "races" united from the start, the Empire could play as Sassanids and have mulitple vassal under themselves, and vote how to be the next Emperor.
    Same can be said about the dorfs.
    It's not set during the End Times, Total War: Warhammer will take place before.

-Will CA
    Omg yes great news :3
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 23, 2015 at 05:43 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    This is amazing news indeed, my favorite tabletop and book series in a total war franchise!? Count me in!!

To Will or Darren,

Will Total War: Warhammer be based around the End Times timeline? Or will it take place in a complete new storyline and setting?
    It's not set during the End Times, Total War: Warhammer will take place before.

-Will CA

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Amazing news ! Thanks for the information Will and Darren !

My hype cannot be contained now !

Hi Will,

What about versus multiplayer? Will it be in the S2 or R2 style? It's really a good opportunity to return to the S2 system where you could customize your avatar and armies. Best multiplayer ever, imo.

Thanks!