Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~~OLD~~~ [FAQ] General questions

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: [FAQ] General questions

Quote Originally Posted by Berem View Post
    Hello there, I greet and thank you for this great project!

I was aware of this project for months and now and then I asked myself how would you do the Middle-Earth strategic map; if you say that the ocean Belegaer (I think it is called that) and the Belfalas' Bay will be there, how will you do it if you cannot change the borders of Europe? Being the case that the borders of Europe are still there, then you would have the Mediterranean sea and the Atlantic Ocean, or did I misunderstood everything? Can you not submerge some land and "adapt" the borders and bind the correct Middle-Earth's map to its conceived form? I have read that you can raze settlements and submerge them into water and make the water impassable, or inaccessible and, so the razed submerged settlements...
    Let me clear some situation around the map:
    1. We don't do anything regarding map at the moment;
    2. If there will be new TW game with campaign map full modification and other important things we will of course move to that new game (the reason why we don't hurry up with campaign map for Attila);
    3. I've seen Sebidee's post (guy who was on Attila's mod summit) where he draw how exactly people can rework EU map so it will look like GoT map. So in fact we can have ME borders (land and sea in the places we want (except AI and settlement positions);

@Hugh. Please, look at the thread's OP or post in this thread before asking. I hate lazy guys who continue asking the same questions all the time.

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

O.K., Mr.J, that clears things; I had imagined that you had read that post, but I was unsure why you said that about the borders of Europe still being as they are on Attila. I thought it wasn't possible to alter that, although the A.I. seems more problematic.

Thank you for your answer, one moment I thought you were angry with me, but you were talking with mister "Humbled" - the one after my first post on this thread -...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Berem's Avatar Libertus

Is it possible to alter - at least on the surface - the A.I., for example, the starting status and relations with other factions (with neighbours) such as alliances, grudges, "last" good doings, wars, conflicts, etc. between factions that otherwise would hate each other on Attila? I know you have already said that you may not do the mod for Attila, but at the moment there is no prospects of a historical game moddable in the near future, so I think it is a valid question. Another questions is: is it true that you can't transport new custom cities tiles to the game, it just does not work?

You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Damn I didn't want to answer coz lazy people are so lazy to read first post and see that we DON'T give any dates. At all. And I doubt we will finish mod untill end of the year since team members all the time are superbusy, even summer.
    Or there could be people like me who started half way through the thread via being linked and got a little too excited (Your working on something based on LOTR which such a huge and devoted fan base) and asked a simple question. Being rude doesn't help you at all.

Is it possible to alter - at least on the surface - the A.I., for example, the starting status and relations with other factions (with neighbours) such as alliances, grudges, "last" good doings, wars, conflicts, etc. between factions that otherwise would hate each other on Attila? I know you have already said that you may not do the mod for Attila, but at the moment there is no prospects of a historical game moddable in the near future, so I think it is a valid question. Another questions is: is it true that you can't transport new custom cities tiles to the game, it just does not work?
    No it's fake. We can create our settlements but currently can't convert them in gamedata. We can disable AI for some spots if I understand correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by riendempsey86 View Post
    Or there could be people like me who started half way through the thread via being linked and got a little too excited (Your working on something based on LOTR which such a huge and devoted fan base) and asked a simple question. Being rude doesn't help you at all.
    But... but it's the first post

Berem's Avatar Libertus

I must say that I do not understand that, I am not a modder @Mr.J... But if you can transport the custom cities in Attila, then what is the problem? To be unable to convert them to gamedata is the same as the cities not working with the A.I.?

I must say that I do not understand that, I am not a modder @Mr.J... But if you can transport the custom cities in Attila, then what is the problem? To be unable to convert them to gamedata is the same as the cities not working with the A.I.?
    The problem comes with CA's assembly kit's TEd tool bug. TEd is a tool where we create our settlements. Just imagine you have your settlement completed in that tool but you can't output it coz tool doesn't work. 25th of June will come new DLC "The Last Roman" for Attila and new patch&bugfix for Assembly Kit.

Berem's Avatar Libertus

The problem comes with CA's assembly kit's TEd tool bug. TEd is a tool where we create our settlements. Just imagine you have your settlement completed in that tool but you can't output it coz tool doesn't work. 25th of June will come new DLC "The Last Roman" for Attila and new patch&bugfix for Assembly Kit.
    So the custom settlements do not work in game because TEd cannot create the gamedata for Attila? Well, if they are going to fix it, then no problem; that is good news! I imagine, then, that you will try to start to implement right away the custom tiles and perhaps make previews following the implementations?

But i dont get why they wont make the tools for this. It has already been said that it would make a big profit, many people will buy the game for this mod.

Default Re: Faction changes if possible?

Is it possible to add for example a marriage between Iron hills and Erebor at the start of a campaign. So that they are relatives from the start?
    Greetz

Default Re: Faction changes if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by LeBlanc View Post
    Is it possible to add for example a marriage between Iron hills and Erebor at the start of a campaign. So that they are relatives from the start?
    Greetz
    Probably yes. Honestly - idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by BartVonk View Post
    But i dont get why they wont make the tools for this. It has already been said that it would make a big profit, many people will buy the game for this mod.
    Who knows.. Ask them better.

Hi everyone. I have a question about two factions of evil.

On Dol Guldur and Gundabad

My question comes in the wake of seeing films of hobbit and compare them with previous ones. For me the orcs of this last trilogy are the worst factional warriors of evil I've seen. I remember seeing the battles between orcs and humans in Osgiliath and Minas Tirith the fight was more or less matched, veias drop troops on both sides, or at Helm's Deep against uruks, but in these last three films despite having apparently very resistant armor, is that the orcs are worthless and die in droves and do not cause any casualties until they take a long time fighting. I understand that an orc vs a dwarf or an elf, can lose and win by number, but not in a big way, but men Esgaroth city with nothing but their clothes orcs earn me a lot and costs I believe it.

Intone my question is this, to take as a reference to determine the values ​​of attack and defense of these two factions? And another will be like those values? For example Dol Guldur that have values ​​similar to Isengard or Mordor?

(sorry by my bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by nahun View Post
    Hi everyone. I have a question about two factions of evil.

On Dol Guldur and Gundabad

My question comes in the wake of seeing films of hobbit and compare them with previous ones. For me the orcs of this last trilogy are the worst factional warriors of evil I've seen. I remember seeing the battles between orcs and humans in Osgiliath and Minas Tirith the fight was more or less matched, veias drop troops on both sides, or at Helm's Deep against uruks, but in these last three films despite having apparently very resistant armor, is that the orcs are worthless and die in droves and do not cause any casualties until they take a long time fighting. I understand that an orc vs a dwarf or an elf, can lose and win by number, but not in a big way, but men Esgaroth city with nothing but their clothes orcs earn me a lot and costs I believe it.

Intone my question is this, to take as a reference to determine the values ​​of attack and defense of these two factions? And another will be like those values? For example Dol Guldur that have values ​​similar to Isengard or Mordor?

(sorry by my bad english)
    Well, it's planned to decrease the height, strength of DG and Gundabad orcs based on film armour design. The film heavy armour will be used for elite or higher tier units and will cost alot of money. But in any case they will be a bit higher than dwarves and below men, their musculature won't be like uruks but like mordor orcs(again not like mordor uruks) same as discipline and morale. Their train level will be middle for the most powerful guys.

But... but it's the first post
    Yes it would seem obvious (It didn't take long for me to check) others I can understand getting ahead of themselves though

I really look forward to this and most definitely appreciate the work that is going into it. Regardless of the setbacks with the tools etc. I still think it is a hell of a job well done.

When the introduction video will be released on Youtube?

What do you mean? Gameplay overview or what?
    First teaser may come out after closed alpha test.

And when closed alpha test will be finished?

Maybe end of summer/fall(autumn)

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Yes they can and we will make an option to put them there. And they will of course work.
    We even have already some sketches of MT
    Please make custom settlements like Minas Tirith actually work and easily defendable, if at all possible. I know that in the Medieval 2 mod due to limitations defending those custom settlements sucked, and attacking them too. So buggy and the walls couldn't be destroyed due to limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahlor View Post
    That is a valid opinion, but has little weight behind it. The 3 Rings of Celebrimbor remind of the 3 elven races. Tge 7 dwarf kings received 1 ring each, since Sauron wanted to rule all dwarfs. Tactically, this makes sense.
    If he now gave 9 rings to Man, he could cover so much ground, influence so many people. There is no way he would give them almost all to one kingdom :/ Or, if he did, these Numenoreans must have been integrated into the kingdoms Sauron tried to overthrow, maybe ruling foreign cultures for generations already. Numenorean in origin, but culturally all different.
    It is stated that three of the Nine Rings were given to Men of Numenorean race. Also keep in mind that the Nine were among the Great Rings of Power. There were a multitude of lesser Rings that Sauron gave to men.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan_de_Austria View Post
    he meant elves. In German the word Elb was a new creation for the elves in Tolkiens Middle Earth. (I have to say that I prefer Elb, because it makes a better distinction between the mor fairy like Elfen and Elben of Tolkien.^^)
    Well, Elb or Elbe (Old High German) is the feminized form of the ancient word, and refers to female Elves. Tolkien created the word Elven and Elves instead of Elfen and Elfs. Tolkien also used the word Aelf, which is another form of the original word in Old English.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikus van de Merwe View Post
    Please stop this discussion now, it's the wrong topic for it here. In addition we create this mod to incorporate our own visions, too; and we never said that we ignore magic completely. In LotR it's just not that visual, super-special-effect thing.
    There most certainly is visible magic, but mostly it is not shown. Reference the fight upon Weathertop with Gandalf and the Nazgul, upon the mountain and inside Moria with the Balrog and Gandalf, Gandalf verses the Nazgul on the plains before Minas Tirith, the overthrowing of the gate of Minas Tirith by the Witch-king, the telekinetic cleaving of Frodo's tongue to the roof of his mouth by the Witch-king at the crossing of the Fords, Gandalf defeating the Wolves before the entrance to Moria, his staff while in Moria, and his kindling of fire upon Caradhras, his fireworks, the telekinetic moving of Frodo's finger into the Ring, etc. There are many, many other more "minor" things that would be too tiring to try to remember. Also keep in mind that Sauron and the Istari are Mair, spirits who from Heaven to Earth came. They would exhibit terrifying powers (and indeed they did). In fact, if you read the chapter of the book on the Siege of Minas Tirith, and the area when the Witch-king took Osgiliath, wherever the Witch-king went his enemies trembled in fear and grovelled on the ground, helpless. A similar effect had Gandalf on the Orcs, most easily seen during the Battle of Helm's Deep.
    Last edited by Alkar; July 06, 2015 at 05:03 PM.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Please make custom settlements like Minas Tirith actually work and easily defendable, if at all possible. I know that it the Medieval 2 mod due to limitations defending those custom settlements sucked, and attacking them too. So buggy and the walls couldn't be destroyed due to limitations.

It is stated that three of the Nine Rings were given to Men of Numenorean race. Also keep in mind that the Nine were among the Great Rings of Power. There were a multitude of lesser Rings that Sauron gave to men.

Well, Elb or Elbe (Old High German) is the feminized form of the ancient word, and refers to female Elves. Tolkien created the word Elven and Elves instead of Elfen and Elfs. Tolkien also used the word Aelf, which is another form of the original word in Old English.

There most certainly is visible magic, but mostly it is not shown. Reference the fight upon Weathertop with Gandalf and the Nazgul, upon the mountain and inside Moria with the Balrog and Gandalf, Gandalf verses the Nazgul on the plains before Minas Tirith, the overthrowing of the gate of Minas Tirith by the Witch-king, the telekinetic cleaving of Frodo's tongue to the roof of his mouth by the Witch-king at the crossing of the Fords, Gandalf defeating the Wolves before the entrance to Moria, his staff while in Moria, and his kindling of fire upon Caradhras, his fireworks, the telekinetic moving of Frodo's finger into the Ring, etc. There are many, many other more "minor" things that would be too tiring to try to remember. Also keep in mind that Sauron and the Istari are Mair, spirits who from Heaven to Earth came. They would exhibit terrifying powers (and indeed they did). In fact, if you read the chapter of the book on the Siege of Minas Tirith, and the area when the Witch-king took Osgiliath, wherever the Witch-king went his enemies trembled in fear and grovelled on the ground, helpless. A similar effect had Gandalf on the Orcs, most easily seen during the Battle of Helm's Deep.
    1. I think our MT will be the best game MT ever. Why? Because Attila allows us to control AI (we can even make custom civilians behavior). We can put working trebuchets on walls, we can make each tile of the settlement destructable (will take much time) etc etc. There is a lot of reasons why our MT will be very epic.
    2. Is there any example? For example I didn't know that 3 of 9 were given to Numenoreans.
    3. As we have said, we dunno if we can make visual magic ingame (I don't think game engine allows us and even if it does we can't dedicate our time on exploring how to make it). Besides I've said we won't forget about 'magic effects'. For example Nazgul will have kinda fear trait which will disable enemy armies for attack for some while etc.