Thread: Theora' main thread -a collection of trix and fix.

Default Theora' main thread -a collection of trix and fix.

Hello TWC!
    I had the idea of gathering all my little mods into one pile, have them available one-&-one so you can pick and choose. They are often just small and easy mods, things that bothered me, fixes, and new variable ways to play. And provide a mini-overhaul, bringing them into one easy accessible file for the lazy ones and later a combination of other mods that enrich the gameplay. I won't do any unit-balancing and combat modifications, there's a lot better mods for that and it really deserves attention on its own due to its magnitude and scope, but ill keep it as compatible as possible. I'll focus on the campaign, graphics, gameplay, ui, skins, etc... things that will keep it fun to play. So if you got any good ideas or find any trouble with my please say so.

*** Mini-mods Combined - Download update 2mars
    This is all my mods combined into one.

Content of my Mini-mods and individual downloads

** Improved Camera - Download
    Increase maximum view distance both in battle and campaign map.

** Campaign Movement
    - Download update 2mars
    * Army movement on the campaign map reduced by average 50%, depending on weather. A bad winter can halt your speed almost entirely while a good summer is equal to about 85% of vanilla distance.
    * Navy average movement is about the same as vanilla but a lot more deepending on season and good/bad weather.
    Agents are untouched.

** Powerful Seasons - Download -WIP update 2mars
    Vanilla effects are enhanced, a good weather gives more, bad weather hurts a lot more. +extra effects
    *Autumn brings the harvest, extra food/reserves and morale-boost. While it could lead to squalor and moral reduction.
    *Winter increase industry economy. While it could lead to high increase of squalor, moral reduction and cost of agriculture.
    *Spring reduce building cost of agriculture/livestock, give growth and sanitation. While it could lead to sickness and disease.
    *Summer increase agriculture/livestock economy and growth. While can lead to reduced economy and growth.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

update 2mars
    * Removed attrition at high seas during summer,spring,autumn
    * Average weather now also shows as an event just like bad/good
    * Military integrity effects added

** Powerful Stances - Download - update 2mars
    Reworked stances to be more powerful and useful, giving more effect. You pillage and despoils the land, you patrol and secures interests in the region, you don't simply ambush someone or force march -you strategize and prepare, draft emergency armies/force farmers to fight for you and sends them in to their doom! Same time gives bigger and more negative effects if used at the wrong time.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

update 2mars
    * Bugfixes, can be lunched correctly now
    * Value adjustments
    *Military Moral effects added
    * Corruption effects added

** Powerful Edicts - Download - WIP
    Vanilla effects are bubbled, with few exceptions like recruitment slots. I'm working on new effects.... any good ideas?

** More Children, Younger generals, etc. - Download
    Increased chance of giving birth, maximum number of children, parents can be older, reduced rounds between children, fewer bastards, becomes an adult and can become retainer earlier. Remarriage earlier, give children faster after marriage, etc.

** Better Diplomacy and Relations - Download -WIP
    * Every diplomatic and occupation option to everyone
    * Rebalanced attitudes towards each-other. East cultures and Christianity hates each other more and gain higher diplomatic penalty * Diplomatic penalty from the Imperium power decreased. I plan for some additional work on this.

** Colonise Discount - Download
    Reduced cost of colonisation by 50% and increased discount you get per unit present in army.

** Less Corruption - Download
    Reduced corruption by rebalancing the tax efficiency value. Corruption from having a big empire with many provinces far from capital increases slower now and stretches out. At turn 1, with WRE the corruption is lowered about 20% in the far corner-provinces.

** Less Squalor - Download
    Changes to the vanilla buildings, reduces squalor effects by about 40-50%. And gives every city and settlement the effect of 1 sanitation, which leads to total +3 sanitation if you rule the entire region. This has also my changes to the powerful stances and weather in mind of balance.

** More Skillpoints - Download
    Increased the amount of points Agents and General gets, and increased the amount of xp needed to reach the highest level.

** Start Agents - Download
    Get the ability to recruit agents right from the start, major cities recruit Champions, minor cities recruit Dignitaries and Spy, settlements can recruit all 3.

** Adjusted Battlefield Destruction - Download
    *Buildings on the battlefield, houses especially, burns longer and it spreads terrifyingly fast! see your enemy burn mohahahaha!
    *Small stuff are stronger. Pots, tents, plants, carts, fences, etc. doesn't get destroyed instantly when someone steps on them.
    *Barricades hold longer than a few seconds.. more like 30-40 seconds.

Last edited by Theora; March 02, 2015 at 07:05 AM.

Default Re: Theora' main thread -a collection of trix and fix.

Some of the download links aren't working. (All but the first 3 I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    Some of the download links aren't working. (All but the first 3 I think)
    Yeah i know the links got broken when I first posted, but fixed it quite fast... should work now

Love the mods...but with Campaign movement, it seems like the same movement negatives are being applied to ships too...any way to nerf Naval movement less, while still maintaining the (very good) movement nerfs on armies?

Holy thank you. As i read the list, i could not find something that was bothered me one way or the other. thanks!

EDIT: Seems to make break my attila
    Last edited by Rickilicious; March 01, 2015 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Love the mods...but with Campaign movement, it seems like the same movement negatives are being applied to ships too...any way to nerf Naval movement less, while still maintaining the (very good) movement nerfs on armies?
    yeah its intended to be reduced, both navy and army. But after some testing I might let the navy travel a bit further than now...

Made some updates today

If you are working on new edicts:

How about the good old commercial stimulation edict? Effect could be 15% increase in commerce and industrial revenue

Quote Originally Posted by Theora View Post
    Made some updates today
    Looks like some good updates here, thanks!

Sorry I am new to installing mods with the new TW. Do I just extract the .pack file into the data folder in Attila? Or do I have to put it somewhere more specific? Do I have to use the Pack Manager program? Thanks for any help.

WTB rebalance of buffs and debuffs from high power plz.

Could someone please explain to me how to install the mods?

Great modes!
    Is it possible to make it so rebel armies wont recruit elite units anymore?