Thread: Unit Range in stat box

Default Unit Range in stat box

This mod adds unit range in the stat info for land / naval missile & artillery units. I had to edit a UI feature on the way (a box, which I replaced by a partly transparant box), but it looks better to me like this. (Updated 27/02, 23:26)

Save compatible, just put the downloaded file in your Attila data folder and enable the mod in the launcher.

V. 2 (7 April 2015) is similar to Radious' version, which is more like Rome II showing bonus vs cav and bonus vs infantry. Things like amount of ammo and range for melee troops are left out. So it is more a replacement of stats than an addition and does not require any UI adjustments.
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 07, 2015 at 02:18 AM.

Default Re: Unit Range in stat box

Awesome idea mate, DL'd.

Yeah, cool mod. Since I see you've already managed to edit the UI a bit, any chance of a version that deletes that "excellent armour-piercing," "poor range," text at the top? I feel like the stats shown are more important than that stuff, and give you a better idea of what the unit does.

Well, you can make the space empty deleting the text, but that won't help you any further either, I guess... It's not that we can put the stats a bit higher in the location of the text... At least, I am not able to do it. Apparently somebody like Mitch who knows how to do some lua-scripting can do a lot concerning UI editing, but there aren't many like him around this forum.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

This is fantastic, thank you. Why CA removed it in the first place, I will never know.

Crouchy23232323's Avatar Libertus
    Glasgow, Scotland. (Former Great Britain)

+REP. Cheers buddy.

How this wasn't included in vanilla beats me. (must be the 40% less budget)

Hehe - I guess it's with the decision to put "speed" in there...

Hey thanks for the mod but I can't download it, click on download this file enter the captcha and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1978 View Post
    Much better! Thanks for your work.

Is what I have downloaded is correct because it is called: "0Range.pack" Is this the file that is supposed to have been downloaded? That is what I get. Then I try to open it with IZArc and I cannot seem to open it with the IZArc because I cannot find the file to open or whatever? I don't know? Any suggestions anyone?

Its been a while since this was released, is everything working and bug free?

It should work, but I am using currently this version after studying Radious' version of it, which is more like Rome II showing bonus vs cav and bonus vs infantry. It does not require any UI adjustments, but things like amount of ammo and range for melee troops are left out.
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 07, 2015 at 02:19 AM.