Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellenika - Main thread

Default Re: Greeks at War

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    This using Wrath of Sparta Campaign map right ?
    It is indeed JdeB! This mod is successor to Phalangitis's P.P mod for Wrath od Sparta.

M@x1mus

Those units are superb...is that your work or Morpheasnikos? or... both? I see there is even the addition of sandals on a potion of the hoplitai.
    Nice touch

Either way thanks for the eye candy. It was the much needed visual sugar fix I needed to hold me over for coming weeks until the GaW release.
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; February 27, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks mate! Appreciated. The initial project was Morpheas's: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ATE-26-01-2015
    We implement those units to the mod, i reskinned them and add some new units.

thanks mate!!Today is the fix the pc day..
    I corrected all major problems-formated and i am in the process os varius re-installations that will take some time.In the mean time i will try to send you as soon as possible a PM with a short description of each faction's philosophy to take under consideration on your CAI settings..

I like a lot the new material, the models are by far more better !!! thank you M@x1mus fantastic !!!
    But for the shields i have a suggestion!
    I have notice that you have the same symbols for each unit,
    and i dont think they use this way, the shield designs was some family, some local god, some local myth, and they like colors to they shields.
    The Romans i think use the same symbol for all, and the Spartans but still many have used they family symbol.
    Its a suggestion.
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; February 28, 2015 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    I like a lot the new material, the models are by far more better !!! thank you M@x1mus fantastic !!!
    But for the shields i have a suggestion!
    I have notice that you have the same symbols for each unit,
    and i dont think they use this way, the shield designs was some family, some local god, some local myth, and they like colors to they shields.
    The Romans i think use the symbol for all, and the Spartans but still many have used they family symbol.
    Its a suggestion.
    Thanks alot Morf!! Yes you are right about the shields. I want the units to be more distinctive that's why i use them this way. But i will add some more shields to them to give more variety while i 'll leave the core shields untouched.. I will try to find the golden rule.. Pan metron Ariston
    Last edited by M@x1mus; February 28, 2015 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Big breakthrough guys...
    I was talking with Magnar about battle mechanics and a great idea was born after some pointers he gave me..I think (i am almost sure) there is a way to make phalanxes pushing eachother on battle and the heavier push harder..

I cant wait to fix my rig and start testing because with this Hoplites are complete i think.With the new system hoplites can use their weight to slowly advance pushing lighter units away..
    I am just so excited..i had to share..
    Great news!! better end better!!

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    Thanks alot Morf!! Yes you are right about the shields. I want the units to be more distinctive that's why i use them this way. But i will add some more shields to them to give more variety while i 'll leave the core shields untouched.. I will try to find the golden section.. Pan metron Ariston
    True
    I thank you for your hard work !!!

Thank you all for the support, or work or anything!
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; February 28, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Progress update..

The good news
    ..All terrain system works fine.I am also trying to find a way to implement another ace in my sleeve but for this i don't have high hopes for this (but if it eventualy works it would be a gem..)

The bad news
    ..the "pushing thing" -othismos- for hoplites unfortunately does not work.

I am resuming db editing from today after pc fix..

wow I didn't know about this new mod!! Willing to see the progress!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    wow I didn't know about this new mod!! Willing to see the progress!
    Thats because you been playing that Attila crap! You have gone blind now on ancient era! Thanks to your wonderful GF who bought you it lol

Remember this sentence for the rest of your life: No matter what I do, where I am or what I care more, I will ALWAYS be watching this forum

Toon, Tenerife_boy despite some small breaks will eventually come back to the ancient era :-P

Guys, for your information all generals(the greek ones) have been reskinned(i'll do the persians in the future). It was the first think i 've done. I couldn't even see the vanilla ones.. It was an awfull experience..

m@x you are in my mind. Persian generals are a welcome touch and to take it even further i was thinking on making a complete Persian expansion also. the problem is that to remake Persia from scratch and accurately, will delay us alot at this point.So I was thinking us to release GaW as it is and later we can add Persians as an expansion makling them to be playable of course.

and later on I have a dream of making Philip's rising who knows. .
    Last edited by Phalangitis; March 02, 2015 at 02:28 AM.

m@x you are in my mind. Persian generals are a welcome touch and to take it even further i was thinking on making a complete Persian expansion also. the problem is that to remake Persia from scratch and accurately, will delay us alot at this point.So I was thinking us to release GaW as it is and later we can add Persians as an expansion makling them to be playable of course.

and later on I have a dream of making Philip's rising who knows. .
    I fully agree!!

Willing to see some previews of those generals

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Willing to see some previews of those generals
    Im a little busy this days, but when i find some time i will!

A small sample of terrain effects.

WARNING this is a test pic concerning an Egyptian army in desert.Not Gaw material.

This is just to show that on different terrain stats are variable.In this case damage and morale.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

About Athens..

"At morning, all the city(Athens) and all the allies who were there, gathered to Peireus to enjoy the spectacle.... they came also to say goodbye to their beloved persons and they start to worry about them considering the dangers of this long journey, but when they saw the force gathered in front of them, they took heart again ..... because this force who is about to set sail, was the most costly, well prepared and the most impressive ever being assembled by a greek city state."
    Thoykididis Book 6 31,1-31,2 (Just before the athenian navy's departure for Sicily)

Somatophylakes Strategou(general's unit)

Pentakosiomedimnoi

Hippeis(Triakosiomedimnoi)

Diakosiomedimnoi(Zeugites) Hoplites

Metoikoi Hopites

Thetes Hoplites

Epivates Hippeis(Triakosiomedimnoi) (general unit)

Epivates Zeugites
    Last edited by M@x1mus; March 05, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

M@x1mus

Thanks for taking the time to make this preview. The units are spectacular! I really like the new base color tones much improved over the vanilla. I have been using the ACR mod by Demokritos with the current P.P mod. And is was a great improvement on the vanilla colors as well.

I see that you have altered the coloration for ships as well!

It is hard to contain the excitement of what GaW will have on offer. This mod will be superb.

Alas if only the map could be expanded to include Sicily and the lower portion of the Italic peninsula ...
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; March 05, 2015 at 04:27 PM.

A small sample of terrain effects.

WARNING this is a test pic concerning an Egyptian army in desert.Not Gaw material.

This is just to show that on different terrain stats are variable.In this case damage and morale.

A very appealing addition to the tactical aspect of the mod. I must confess that as my campaign as the Athenian Empire. All of my land battles have been fought on the Boeotian and Attican plains. I have not experienced a fight in wooded or hilly terrain.

How as this new mechanic functioned in testing?