Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 366176777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1868

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.0 Official Release

What turn exactly you got freeze , since right now i already past on turn 66, one reason you not lost already because you have navy units that prevent ai make some sea invasion , i scary look on sicily army its realy close to your territory now , Palma has lost, Valencia is no better, buddy your day is numbered :XD

Your enemy is numerous

Asturia still have to settle some score with you

Dont want told the rest :XD

I am running Vanilla 4.0 no artillery no economy here, no ctd at all
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

So far its worked smooth mate no problem on the horizon

Sicily with his 6 stack army already landed on your land (after doing some nice chat with unprotected port city of yours)

While your last army struggling to keep Toledo but alas the enemy is so numerous

I already check 1 turn waiting only need by AI to make proper siege on walled settlement, second turn is where the dancing began, even while AI do bring catapult they still built proper siege equipment as well

Beauty isn'it Radious should be proud for me, since this is not Radious economy style and yet the result is still made somebody cry happy look on this grand scale battle :XD

I doubt BAI will act so dumb with so many eguipment like that, even you managed to destroy every last piece of it, the onager behind still enough to make decent hole,good gods you dont use special effect submod or its will be massacre for defender part

So far your save game worked so well with 4.0 version, are you sure you already test it first ??? What version of vanilla you used ?

Here you download feel free to check it again
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 20, 2015 at 09:31 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

o.O that's strange :/, im on the turn the save game is named for, 62 it is. Once i click end turn it freezes on the franks, i do not know what the problem is sadly. I am using the latest version for Attila, no beta sign-ups or anything, just the patch that came with AoC DLC. Is there anything in particular that you have activated or deactivated that made you pass the turn without a freeze? Is it maybe because im using windows 10 perhaps? I just recently upgraded to it. Other than that, i wouldnt know, really. Any advice though? It must be something on my end then.

On a sidenote: i was going to peace out with the Asturians, then rush all my stacks to the south and meet the Proto French and the Byzantines asap anyway . I wont have my co-religionists fall that easily to an early reconquista lol

I forgot to mention that I use no artillery, WITH economy and vanilla_hard.pack. Perhaps the economy one is the problem?

Lets me test it, wait a secod (So the AI even with economy enabled, managed to have decent army after all, well well well, what do you know )

Yep i can confirm your problem is genuine indeed, the ctd happens, wait for moment, while i try to figure it what exactly the problem it is
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 20, 2015 at 09:48 AM.

I already found the bug problem on campaign difficult handicap, buts its gonna take a while to determine the buggy value, however you can use its normal version, seem its work without problem . Rather you waiting , you can continue your current campaign , using no artillery with economy normal version. Thanks for reporting, when i have finish fix the problem i will reupload again current version 4.0 only there is not labeled as hot fix (since its doesnt so critical, like navy bug), still you can read my post ensuring what you download already contain the newer 4.0 version.

Thanks for keep trying reporting Sir Sidatarias

Thank you very much Junaidi, i'm overjoyed there is a way around this problem until the bug gets fixed at some point . And no problem, hope i could save future players some nasty headaches lol

I just got raped by a small Hun stack.
    They sieged my small settlement in grand campaign. I reinforced with my full stack navy. The hun kept their siege. So I sally forth and attacked them. They withdraw. Begun to repair. Next turn they laid siege again.
    Attacked again and they withdraw. This kept going for like 6-8 turns until I got my garrison army in almost full stack. Then they didn't bother anymore and left my land

I don't think or believe this is a bug. Maybe the AI just doesn't care about the naval stack in port when attacking? Or since they know naval can't move on land so retreating isn't a problem since the only one who can follow is the garrisoned army - and they were too small to win that fight on their own.
    Anyway, it's a great tactic since i could never repair my buildings and it had negative effect on both economy and food supply.
    They didn't want a battle, they only wanted to sabotage for me. And that's GREAT

Yep you right, seem like Human who can read how many movement AI have by click on it, AI also have it that kind of sense, and i think developer already put current logic that no sea unit can crawl on land. Seem the AI do give you quite a hectic :XD

And if you dare to pull your navy stack as reinforcement and they do managed to beat your garrison force say bye bye to your settlement right.They can barbeque using fire from your city

Actually, i dont think thats their intention, Paison. The AI actually calculates its chances of winning a battle, and if its not too advantagous for him, the AI decides to siege you out till attrition kicks in, however, whenever you decide to sally out the AI retreats, then recalculates its chances again next turn and continues so until the odds are either on his side later on or until you reinforce the region, at which point their army gtfo lol

the mediafire link is no more longer available
    thank anyway you for this magnificent job!

Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.0 has been reuploaded again with crash fix inside it, the crash fix also already included with V 3.9 (hot fix) bundle inside it as well. Happy gaming ,if you found crash during the game feel free to report the problem , i will try to address the problem as fast as i can ^^

Feel free to redownload again, save game compatible as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Sidatarias View Post
    Actually, i dont think thats their intention, Paison. The AI actually calculates its chances of winning a battle, and if its not too advantagous for him, the AI decides to siege you out till attrition kicks in, however, whenever you decide to sally out the AI retreats, then recalculates its chances again next turn and continues so until the odds are either on his side later on or until you reinforce the region, at which point their army gtfo lol
    If that's the case, isn't it a bit strange that the autoresolve calculation is to my favor when they're attacking my settlement? And when I sally out the battle should be more hard for my point of view.
    Since it's harder to attack a settlemend than an army in open terrain. So why would AI lay siege to attack and then run away when I sally out since they should have a bigger change in open terrain?

The AI would still lay siege with my naval stack in port, so they are calculated in the defences of the settlement.

I did notice that the Danes layed siege on a capital city with almost 3 full stacks. The city was only defended by garrisson.
    Easy battle for the Danes to win but they never attacked. Instead they waited for the settlement to surrender. Why wait so many turns when they could attack with siege equipment and win with no problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Paison View Post
    I did notice that the Danes layed siege on a capital city with almost 3 full stacks. The city was only defended by garrisson.
    Easy battle for the Danes to win but they never attacked. Instead they waited for the settlement to surrender. Why wait so many turns when they could attack with siege equipment and win with no problems?
    Danes Grand campaign or Danes AOC campaign you mention it about ? AOC do have some siege glitch, its exist but the chance is random luckly, the Battle of Toledo pic above is one fine example how good AI in AOC capable to do siege, even they do bring catapult, they still build proper siege eguipment. I do notice the chance of AI getting stuck with endless siege happens with damaged settlement, maybe its only my feeling

Civis

for radious mod not fleet cap ?

not recruited fleet ?

Its for all version , its temporary solution to prevent Navy bug happening , like it or not, that is the only way for now, until C.A release new patch that address the issue probably next years. You can use fleet and recruit new ship provided you have one from the beginning, however when you lose it, you cant recruit it again.

The bug itself exist for AOC campaign , but i dont take a risk and disable it for all campaign, however if you want your navy back, you can use the 3.9 hotfix inside the mod. Its save game compatible. Try to read the changelog inside the mod folder ^^
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 21, 2015 at 07:46 AM.

Yeah, the Huns are by far the toughest opponents with this mod. Their mobility plus high number of stacks means they can render an entire province effectively useless. Plus they seem to build armies made for sieging. Junaidi has made the game factually hard again.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Danes Grand campaign or Danes AOC campaign you mention it about ? AOC do have some siege glitch, its exist but the chance is random luckly, the Battle of Toledo pic above is one fine example how good AI in AOC capable to do siege, even they do bring catapult, they still build proper siege eguipment. I do notice the chance of AI getting stuck with endless siege happens with damaged settlement, maybe its only my feeling
    This was with grand campaign. I don't own the new DLC yet
    But maybe the danes had time to wait and didn't want to sacrifice their units. But from all those turns they should be able to replenish with not problem. I guess we'll never know

Yea, AI with catapult and siege equipment is nice

Is there a difference in grand campaign and DLC about AI behavior? Like this with taking catapults and siege equiptment into battle.
    It should be standard behavior either way. But maybe it's scripted in DLC? Because I haven't noticed AI taking onagers and siege equiptment in grand campaign.

Hey there Junaidi, thanks again for the temporary fix to my end-turn freeze. I swapped the vanilla_hard.pack with the vanilla_normal.pack, and it allowed me to continue my campaign of liberating Spain from the oppressive European Kingdoms

However, I am on turn 112 now and lo and behold, the game freezes again during the turn phase for the kingdom of the franks. I am again using no artillery, WITH economy (normal). I am using version 4.0 too. Dunno if im doing something wrong here but im stuck again until you can bail me out of this problem lol .

Attached you will find the save file with the end-turn-freeze problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there a difference in grand campaign and DLC about AI behavior?
    Yep its is, with the last roman AI get restricted with script, while in charlemagne campaign AI get some new bug. Honestly even without artillery itself the proper siege eguipment already enough to pass quality check of decent siege battle. You notice the AI have more then 10 siege tower, feeling like watch movie

Like this with taking catapults and siege equiptment into battle.
    It should be standard behavior either way.
    Sadly its not your usual standart, i do however encourage AI to use Onager, without artillery version force AI to actually build siege building, with artillery version, the AI already can recruit onager from turn 1 provided they have miliary building.

Because I haven't noticed AI taking onagers and siege equiptment in grand campaign.
    Its depend on situation, if they have more then 2 onager unit inside the stack usually they go without bring proper ladder eguipment just straight turn 1, however if they only have 2 onager units they usually bring proper siege eguipment. The BAI that bring onager and artillery will have massive increase manouver of Battle, the more way they have to enter you city, the better the BAI performance.