Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orange Crush: The End to the Maratha Horde

Default Re: Orange Crush: The End to the Maratha Horde

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    It has been about 7 years since I created this mod. LOL. My best guess is that Maratha did not have its own personality in the data tables. I would guess I had to create one in the data tables and then assign it to it in the startpos.
    I see. Thanks! Well, 7 years or not, but I haven't seen another mod doing it yet. I'm just trying to make my own compilation of mods + a bit of my own modding to fix disbalance and some of the most gross inaccuracies in vanila. I still consider Empire Total War the best in the series despite flawed AI. I just love the trading, the world map, colonial stuff, lack of "perks", "special abilities" and other fantasy stuff from the newer titles and generally how it all feels and plays.

So does that techically mean you didn't change anything on the map? like wealth of Maratha provinces, their starting funds, relationships or whatever it may be.

You can look at the data tables, but I doubt I needed to do any of that. I worked on AI personality behavior. There are two tables that do that. If you want to separate identity for Maratha, you needed to create its own personality in the table and then give that personality in the startpos. If you do not do that, you change the personality of every faction that uses that generic setting.

In my test (If I can recall) the Maratha would rise up and loose out, rise up agai,n and slowly grow. It was never the same in each game. This was true with any other faction that I changed their personality. It was the same methodology that got rid of the Ottoman bug.
    Last edited by PikeStance; July 30, 2022 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    You can look at the data tables, but I doubt I needed to do any of that. I worked on AI personality behavior. There are two tables that do that. If you want to separate identity for Maratha, you needed to create its own personality in the table and then give that personality in the startpos. If you do not do that, you change the personality of every faction that uses that generic setting.

In my test (If I can recall) the Maratha would rise up and lose out, rise up again and slowly grow. It was never the same in each game. This was true with any other faction that I changed their personality. It was the same methodology that got rid of the Ottoman bug.
    Thank you for the answers!

No problem. I wish I could be more helpful, but I am dealing with a number of personal issues at the moment.

Welcome to modding and good luck with your project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12