Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

When will this be released? How into beta is this patch? Can i join?
    The words of a banished king "I swear revenge"
    Filled with anger aflamed our hearts
    Full of hate full of pride
    We screamed for revenge

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    When will this be released? How into beta is this patch? Can i join?
    Hello,

The beta is coming along quite well, there have been a few updates since it's release. There is no release date yet.

You can download the current beta patch if you like.

Click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Mesn was kind to share a new link with me and he said it was alright to share with others. ( Updated 08/08 )

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d0...eta08.08.15.7z
    You'll need this version of the mod:

It's highly likely that the crashes are because we're using RoDG V1.5.1 of the mod instead of CoW 1.5.1. ( Download here )

Edit: Holy Pilgrim to the rescue with way better link: Click!

Edit2: Installation notes:

Must be installed on clear version 1.5.1 ( CoW V1.5 + Patch 1.5.1 )
    Before installing the 1.6 patch beta update delete two folders: base and campaign in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps
    Also before installing delete "settlements" folder in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data
    Another important thing, when starting a new campaign, after ending a turn, clocks may tick for a while, don't panic, that's how it must be

Imperium Romanum

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Hey Vossie I'm just trying to get some clarification, to get 1.6 working one should download and follow the instructions on this page http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/ and then do the instructions quoted in your post?

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    Hey Vossie I'm just trying to get some clarification, to get 1.6 working one should download and follow the instructions on this page http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/ and then do the instructions quoted in your post?
    You only need the 4 parts COW 1.5 and the Patch 1.5.1. Don't install the English Menu Fix, etc. ( Don't download using Internet Explorer. )

In addition Gigantus made a English translation for 1.6 which works with 1.6.8. Click. ( Could be that your campaign don't start so make sure to backup the original. )

As for the Beta testing here is a status report:

Click.

CTD's:

Random CTD's during AI's turn caused by:

Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Most of the seemingly random game crashes (AI turn) can be fixed by running a 'search & replace' in the campaign_script as I described earlier (not save game compatible):

named character, x
    named character, age 35, x

general, x
    general, age 35, x

admiral, x
    admiral, age 35, x

Plagueclaw causing CTD before entering battle.

Hellhounds/Direwolves causing random CTD's during battle.

Units:

Skaven:

Globadiers missile attacks cause major FPS drop.

Skaven Packmaster only consist of 10 units? It seems like they're missing the unit they're handling.

Skaven Jezzails reloading sounds like Archers.

Kislev:

wagons unit attack seems to be not working.

General:

Liche/Grey Seers/Daemonsmith missile firing sound sounds like Archers.

Balance:

Giant units attack is very deadly maybe to much. On the other hand they seem to die quite fast to missile attacks.

Skaven Ratling Gun these units are ridiculously strong.

Tomb King undead units have fatigue. Vampire count undead units don't. ( Same for moral )

Unit cards/UI/Campaign models:

Tomb King generals have Skaven general icons.

Skaven armies have Chaos Dwarf models on the campaign map.

A few missing unit cards. ( Plaqueclaw, some empire mercs. )

Tomb King/Khorne texts from descriptions are very hard to read.

Economy:

Skaven can use a small boost.

Chaos factions missing merchants.

Elven factions could use a small boost to represent their power a bit more. ( Specially for players. )

Orcs & Goblins upkeep could be lower for low tier units like Goblins.

Other:

This is not an issue but just wanted to point it out, the first turn takes quite long to load because the AI is taking regions. (Press space bar to quicken this process.)

Settlements population is not dropping when recruiting units. Is this suppose to be since the population is not increasing either?
    Last edited by Vossie; August 29, 2015 at 01:54 PM.
    Imperium Romanum

@ Vossie The four parts come with the 1.51 patch included (but not extracted-you probable new this already lol)

@Chris. ( Don't download using Internet Explorer. )( Don't download using Internet Explorer. )( Don't download using Internet Explorer. ) Got that

In addition to gig's text files I believe you will also need some changes that 'yourstepdad' posted a few pages ago.

Installing all the bits and pieces is a bit of a pain, but it does work. I have been having a blast with 1.6.8.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Settlements population is not dropping when recruiting units. Is this suppose to be since the population is not increasing either?
    This RTW feature has (thankfully) been discontinued with M2TW. The AI used to recruit to the very limit which made development impossible, it wasn't unusual to find villages even after 200 rounds.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by zoommooz View Post
    @ Vossie The four parts come with the 1.51 patch included (but not extracted-you probable new this already lol)

@Chris. ( Don't download using Internet Explorer. )( Don't download using Internet Explorer. )( Don't download using Internet Explorer. ) Got that

In addition to gig's text files I believe you will also need some changes that 'yourstepdad' posted a few pages ago.

Installing all the bits and pieces is a bit of a pain, but it does work. I have been having a blast with 1.6.8.
    Yeah I meant he just needed to install those not the rest.

I believe you refer to the descr_strat file which should fix a duplicate issue with names. Link.

This RTW feature has (thankfully) been discontinued with M2TW. The AI used to recruit to the very limit which made development impossible, it wasn't unusual to find villages even after 200 rounds.
    Don't some mod still have this feature enabled tho?
    Imperium Romanum

Blog Entries

Don't some mod still have this feature enabled tho?
    There is a (rather large) script around that reduces population count based on the category of the recruited unit. There is no other way to simulate it, eg you can't 'enable' it.

This is not an issue but just wanted to point it out, the first turn takes quite long to load because the AI is taking regions. (Press space bar to quicken this process.)
    This is a game spoiler and badly needs a reworking - only the player's faction should have ownership changes (max 3-4 seconds), not all the other factions instead (1-2 minutes). Simply pop up a message accordingly, freeze player input, do the changes, unfreeze. Everyone is happy.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 30, 2015 at 08:35 AM.

I think the english translation might be a cause, at least for me, that makes the game go back to the main menu if you try and play a campaign, when I don't have it in the game seems to work fine.

Actually never mind I looked more into this thread and found that guys descr_strat download

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

There is a (rather large) script around that reduces population count based on the category of the recruited unit. There is no other way to simulate it, eg you can't 'enable' it.
    Alright, must have been confused with a Rome TW mod.

This is a game spoiler and badly needs a reworking - only the player's faction should have ownership changes (max 3-4 seconds), not all the other factions instead (1-2 minutes). Simply pop up a message accordingly, freeze player input, do the changes, unfreeze. Everyone is happy.
    Lord Necromancer said a new version will be released soon and most issue's addressed will be fixed.
    Imperium Romanum

Blog Entries

Lord Necromancer said a new version will be released soon and most issue's addressed will be fixed.
    Great to hear, are they aware of the 'missing age' issue in spawns? That appears to be one of the major reasons for random AI turn crashes.

I do hope they have the Border Princes allied with the Dwarfs. I never intentionally go to war with them but they seem intent on doing so! Hard holding the south as well as fighting Orcs, Night Goblins and Skaven.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

ok so I tried installing 1.6 and at first it seemed to be working. But then when I tried to start a campaign the game would just go back to the single player select screen. This happens every time
    I installed it using some of the old CoW 1.5 setup files I had laying around along with path 1.5.1 files

Tested my cow 1.5.1 version (with kahvis mercenary mod) and it worked fine, but after pasting the 1.6 beta patch and gigantus english text for it the log now says Im missing stuff :/
    I guess the mercenary mod is casuing trouble...dont feel like downloading all the parts from games for gamers tho, takes so long -.-

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Great to hear, are they aware of the 'missing age' issue in spawns? That appears to be one of the major reasons for random AI turn crashes.
    Yes, I specifically addressed this issue in my PM's with the CoW team.

Quote Originally Posted by BKB View Post
    I do hope they have the Border Princes allied with the Dwarfs. I never intentionally go to war with them but they seem intent on doing so! Hard holding the south as well as fighting Orcs, Night Goblins and Skaven.
    They are allied only takes a few turns for the event to happen, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombiz View Post
    ok so I tried installing 1.6 and at first it seemed to be working. But then when I tried to start a campaign the game would just go back to the single player select screen. This happens every time
    I installed it using some of the old CoW 1.5 setup files I had laying around along with path 1.5.1 files

Quote Originally Posted by tyrgalon View Post
    Tested my cow 1.5.1 version (with kahvis mercenary mod) and it worked fine, but after pasting the 1.6 beta patch and gigantus english text for it the log now says Im missing stuff :/
    I guess the mercenary mod is casuing trouble...dont feel like downloading all the parts from games for gamers tho, takes so long -.-
    V1.6.8 is not compatible with RoDG (Gigantus version of the mod) nor with Kahvanni's mercenary mod.

Install notes for 1.6.8:

Click.
    It's highly likely that the crashes are because we're using RoDG V1.5.1 of the mod instead of CoW 1.5.1. ( Download here )

Edit: Holy Pilgrim to the rescue with way better link: Click!

Edit2: Installation notes:

Must be installed on clear version 1.5.1 ( CoW V1.5 + Patch 1.5.1 )
    Before installing the 1.6 patch beta update delete two folders: base and campaign in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps
    Also before installing delete "settlements" folder in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data
    Another important thing, when starting a new campaign, after ending a turn, clocks may tick for a while, don't panic, that's how it must be
    You only need the 4 parts COW 1.5 and the Patch 1.5.1. Don't install the English Menu Fix, etc. ( Don't download using Internet Explorer. )

In addition Gigantus made a English translation for 1.6 which works with 1.6.8. Click. ( Could be that your campaign don't start so make sure to backup the original. )

descr_strat file which should fix a duplicate issue with names. Link.
    Imperium Romanum

Hmmm....gonna be pain to download the 1.5.1 files again then :/

V1.6.8 is not compatible with RoDG (Gigantus version of the mod) nor with Kahvanni's mercenary mod.

Install notes for 1.6.8:

Click.

ok thanks. I followed the instruction and everything worked until I installed the english patch. It seems like the problem is the patch. It some how stops the campaign from launching.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Bombiz View Post
    ok thanks. I followed the instruction and everything worked until I installed the english patch. It seems like the problem is the patch. It some how stops the campaign from launching.
    Yeah I stated that in my post. Download the descr_strat file it should fix the problem.
    Imperium Romanum

Laetus

well this is my first post hello, first of all thanks for a awesome mod, but i have a small problem with this new patch crashing on around turn 3-4 no matter what army i choose in campaign , the skirmish work well and having fun with, when i checked the log it state's

mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7444, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(106, 51) for the settlement of @0:5=E>D.

so i checked out the line which is : region Town_Drakenhof_Province
    and as far as i can tell there is no spelling mistakes, so if anyone can help that would be great.