Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 3.5 Official Release - Patch 17

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 2.0 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Fantastic!!!

Bro As the mod size is too small, why not considering an Upload for Steam? those 3 versions would be very quickly to update. =)
    Secondly, I have 2 files Better AI v.2.0 and Better AI v.2.0(cai only) What's the difference between them?

Thank you
    CAI only mean its only contain CAI parts, the standart one contain the BAI part that edit how fast your unit die and how fast your unit going route, if you play vanilla game, you can amaze what this simple tweaks can achieve.

If you realy want to upload this mod to Steam be my guest Tenerife_Boy, i give you my permission
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 2.0 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

Ah yes nice I'm gonna try this one, thanks
    For those who are a bit confused by the different versions, you need to choose only one of them:

1) Very Easy and Human Edition: AI unit cost and upkeep -5%, research x2 and army/navy cap same as vanilla
    2) Easy Edition: AI unit cost and upkeep -10%, research x5 and army/navy cap 57 for AI
    3) Normal Edition: AI unit cost and upkeep -50%, research x5 and army/navy cap 57 for AI (are you sure it's "normal" edition? )

Inside you'll have 2 files, one where it says "cai only": it means that the regular file contains the modified CAI + tweaks to kill ratio and morale in battle, basically battles will last longer. The "cai only" file does not contain the changes to kill ratio and morale.

And I highly recommend to use this mod with Better AI Recruitment here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AI-Recruitment
    Both mods are compatible with each other and greatly improve the experience.
    Last edited by Celtik; January 08, 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Read again i just update my post above, its mean ai have 5 % cheaper to recruit and maintain army. I dont think 5% make heavy impact
    So anyone who accuse that ai have some sort of income boost can keep it for themself.
    Thank you, now that is clear! I think I know which version is for me now, I'm not that much of a strategy genius

Quote Originally Posted by Celtik View Post
    Ah yes nice I'm gonna try this one, thanks
    For those who are a bit confused by the different versions, you need to choose only one of them:

1) Very Easy and Human Edition: AI unit cost and upkeep -5%, research x2 and army/navy cap same as vanilla
    2)
    Easy Edition: AI unit cost and upkeep -10%, research x5 and army/navy cap 57 for AI
    3)
    Normal Edition: AI unit cost and upkeep -50%, research x5 and army/navy cap 57 for AI (are you sure it's "normal" edition? )

Inside you'll have 2 files, one where it says "cai only": it means that the regular file contains the modified CAI + tweaks to kill ratio and morale in battle, basically battles will last longer. The "cai only" file does not contain the changes to kill ratio and morale.

And I highly recommend to use this mod with Better AI Recruitment here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AI-Recruitment
    Both mods are compatible with each other and greatly improve the experience.
    Uh...but at the end is what I suspect, You are cheating the AI, :S ... That's the reasons why I see Thorax Pikemen in turn 30...¬¬

Yeah I admit. The research thing is a bit overkill . Upkeep and army cap is nice but having to face legionary cohorts in 250bc isnt very nice
    Last edited by diego007; January 08, 2015 at 12:14 PM.

Uh...but at the end is what I suspect, You are cheating the AI, :S ... That's the reasons why I see Thorax Pikemen in turn 30...¬¬
    Well dont you guys always said that AI cant recruit proper army because dont have proper barrack,since they not finish reseach it,well i give you easy solution .There also very easy and human edition if you dont like ai reseach faster then human,see i give option to fans of non cheater AI .Another option is use pfm and modify the value by yourself look on campaign_difficult_table,its even give another flexible option for tweaker fans

In the end what matters in AI is behaviour itself, cheat or no cheat, its dont affect very much, there is no use if the ai have 20 stack but cant use it, not to mention AI passive, AI morron, AI suicidal, Easy to manipulate by human, the list is long.

And honestly if my mod only rely cheat to boost CAI i dont think you guys will bother to use it and post in my thread nor give me rep
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 08, 2015 at 12:20 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

It's ok I will switch into the "easy" mod...I would call it, common sense mod instead of easy because that sounds too noobie and it's unfair and not realistic.

If I switch now, do I have to start again a campaign? I will still see thorax pikemen for sure in the other factions but I guess that if I go for a downgraded version of your mod from now own the speed on develop and units tier will decrease.

Junaid, as discussed trying old army caps verions now! Quick question should I have AIO + latest CC or AIO alone for best battle experience with your mod? Latest CC is way too quick and old one is way too slow...

It's ok I will switch into the "easy" mod...I would call it, common sense mod instead of easy because that sounds too noobie and it's unfair and not realistic.

If I switch now, do I have to start again a campaign? I will still see thorax pikemen for sure in the other factions but I guess that if I go for a downgraded version of your mod from now own the speed on develop and units tier will decrease.
    Well you can switch any version you want at anytime, since its save game compatible, yes its will decrease for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ildar View Post
    Junaid, as discussed trying old army caps verions now! Quick question should I have AIO + latest CC or AIO alone for best battle experience with your mod? Latest CC is way too quick and old one is way too slow...
    Mate when i created BAI part i use vanilla as standart , so i realy dont know how AIO but i guess its should okay, just try it couple custom battle to see it yourself. Basicly my mod focus on creating immersive CAI experience.My BAI part only alter kill and morale, i doubt its will prove superior with mod that focus only BAI like CC, but it can work together i think just load my mod on top, there are also just CAI part, if you think BAI part dont match with CC + AIO
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 08, 2015 at 01:21 PM.

I have a suggestion that I think should be very reasonable for you to try to make.

Most people complain that R2TW is only fun during the first few turns. As your empire grows larger the rest is repetitive stuff. I think you should make your mod have a progressing bonus along with the imperium level. Like for the first imperium, AI use vanilla research, upkeep rate, for each imperium gained, AI would get 5-10% upkeep reduction and about 1.5x faster research rate. For the last 2 or 3 imperium the AI should have extreme aggressiveness and extremely low upkeep cost and insanely high research rate. This would require the player to beware of their expansion and have something to look forward to in the end game, and also a preparation to face total annihilation (like a boss fight) before the end credits.

If this change is implemented, it would make a lot of sense and create a lot of immersion for player as well as not having that feeling of "nonsense" in it when elite units can be fielded too early by AI.

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    I have a suggestion that I think should be very reasonable for you to try to make.

Most people complain that R2TW is only fun during the first few turns. As your empire grows larger the rest is repetitive stuff. I think you should make your mod have a progressing bonus along with the imperium level. Like for the first imperium, AI use vanilla research, upkeep rate, for each imperium gained, AI would get 5-10% upkeep reduction and about 1.5x faster research rate. For the last 2 or 3 imperium the AI should have extreme aggressiveness and extremely low upkeep cost and insanely high research rate. This would require the player to beware of their expansion and have something to look forward to in the end game, and also a preparation to face total annihilation (like a boss fight) before the end credits.
    If this change is implemented, it would make a lot of sense and create a lot of immersion for player as well as not having that feeling of "nonsense" in it when elite units can be fielded too early by AI.
    Love your idea, but too bad in cant apply in reality, engine limitation, unless the AI progammer itself create new db structure to fit AI progressing bonus, hmm you can use the non cheat version on the early turn, then if you think you up to the challenge when you hit imperium lvl 3 or something you can use the cheat version to boost the AI speed,since you can switch each version and save game compatible, its should fit your image description. I know its not perfect solution but that is the best you can have for now.

But maybe there are solution for this, i just dont know did the AI also get the effect, basicly its use imperium level, you notice right you get certain bonus -/+ when you hit certain imperium level, maybe its can apply to it also but this solution only work if the AI itself reach the certain imperium. Now the question did AI have Imperium level ? If yes then its can be applied, but what you want when Player imperium hit certain level CAI get certain bonus, which is quite impossible. Unless someone make script for it.

So how the CAI progress any problem so far
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 09, 2015 at 05:59 AM.

The only thing that i can say Rome recruits Marian legionnaires at 200 to 210 BC. Its too early for those monsters. (Historic and gameplay aspects) It's something like Hannibal Vs Ceasar' veterans. Hoplites Vs First Cohort.

Besides, mod offers a great deal of stress and that's quite a challenge. It's addictive!

Keep up the good work mate!

Maybe you can add bonus to AI the longer it last, like after first 20 turns AI gets bonus then after next 50 turns the AI gets bonus again, then 70 turns, the turn number is approximately around the number of turns that the players will get the imperium level? So factions on the other side of the map will get insane stat boost by the time you reach them. There should be only 5 occurrences of bonus though or it would be too much. Or higher bonus whenever their highest main building is upgraded, there are only 4 levels anyway, as I have noticed the first 2 levels are easy, but the next 2 are hard, so they can be some kind of the delay between increases. Or bonus when the army has recruited its current max number of army. Or number of provinces they have conquered. I'm not a modder but those are the things that I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    The only thing that i can say Rome recruits Marian legionnaires at 200 to 210 BC. Its too early for those monsters. (Historic and gameplay aspects) It's something like Hannibal Vs Ceasar' veterans. Hoplites Vs First Cohort.

Besides, mod offers a great deal of stress and that's quite a challenge. It's addictive!

Keep up the good work mate!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    Maybe you can add bonus to AI the longer it last, like after first 20 turns AI gets bonus then after next 50 turns the AI gets bonus again, then 70 turns, the turn number is approximately around the number of turns that the players will get the imperium level? So factions on the other side of the map will get insane stat boost by the time you reach them. There should be only 5 occurrences of bonus though or it would be too much. Or higher bonus whenever their highest main building is upgraded, there are only 4 levels anyway, as I have noticed the first 2 levels are easy, but the next 2 are hard, so they can be some kind of the delay between increases. Or bonus when the army has recruited its current max number of army. Or number of provinces they have conquered. I'm not a modder but those are the things that I can think of
    Great idea mate, but its cant be done, believe me i will put all your briliant idea, if i can, but once again engine limitation, my hand is tied here, anyway, the 2.0 version is my final update unless the C.A release another patch that require me to update my mod to work.Honestly the CAI itself already on the top condition.Enjoy the mod mate

Right now i just want to relax and try my hand on some good old games

Ahoy mate lets hunt some bloody shark
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 09, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

What is that game with the shark? It looks awesome !

assassins crap 4 Blackflag

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Teil View Post
    I thought it was "Depth" as I nearly bought it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teil View Post
    Yeah i rather like the Brotherhood series, but crap or not its all depend on your pc spec, actually the graphic itself quite good, while the plot story rather akward for me, one things i like is became pirate and free roam the sea plundering nearby unlucky ship

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    I thought it was "Depth" as I nearly bought it!!
    Yup if the hero use gun, its "Depth" for sure

The games seem interesting enough, should add into my list
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 09, 2015 at 08:01 PM.

Ummm, call me stupid but where are the download links??

Quote Originally Posted by Wackajack View Post
    Ummm, call me stupid but where are the download links??
    Its okay mate, no one stupid, you just need to read carefully since its location was hidden.
    Its located under Attila Picture just click "burn" words, hehehehe finally there are someone who cant find the download link, you can even open music link if you click blue text
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 10, 2015 at 03:10 AM.