Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign map is coming along nicely

Default Campaign map is coming along nicely

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms2014-10-2919-07-11-28.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	316379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms2014-10-2919-05-45-49.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	316376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms2014-10-2919-07-31-21.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	316380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms2014-10-2919-06-28-58.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	316377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms2014-10-2919-09-10-57.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	316381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms2014-10-2919-06-38-12.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	316378
    As the title states i have been working on a campaign map of North America, courtesy of Gigantus' Map Collection, and am nearing a point where i can begin working on other elements.

I have tried integrating SCW's units, but have been getting fatal and untraceable errors. If anyone has expertise with unit text work and would like to volunteer to add SCW's units to what is right now a vanilla mod, it would be much appreciated.

As far as the campaign map is concerned it is not far from a releasable alpha. Assistance with the text work would hasten the alpha release of what has become a long awaited campaign.

Anyone interested can post here on pm me.
    Last edited by The First Triumvirate; November 01, 2014 at 10:05 AM.

Default Re: Campaign map is coming along nicely, looking for someone to integrate SCW models.

Wish I knew something of the process.
    Hope someone pitches-in. Good luck and many thanks!

Default Re: Campaign map is coming along nicely, looking for someone to integrate SCW models.

Just hope this will become a full mod.

Default Re: Campaign map is coming along nicely

An update. I have finally managed to integrate SCW's brilliant work. Only the units are done, still in need are the banners and ai adjustments. I really like the customs battles in SCW so i will have to find what files they edited and what not.

There are going to be many other factions besides the Union and Confederacy. As i am not a 3d-modeler it is quite unlikely, scratch that, very unlikely, that i create work that is comparable to SCW's units. Anyone have any ideas for Native American factions as well as the Imperial powers like GB, France, and Spain? There is also the matter of Colombian and Venezuelan factions as well. I plan on pulling Indian units out of the Americas campaign, but if anyone knows of any mod that has created natives and allows their work to be used in other mods it would be greatly appreciated. Same goes for the other factions. If there is any brilliant piece of existing work that you believe could be incorporated into this mod, by the author's permission of course, than by all means please post here or contact me and we will do our best to incorporate it.

Here is some newer pictures. The ones in the 1st post are outdated. I initially conceived of doing an 1836 mod with the Indian Removal Act and the Texan Republic going on and what not. Then i wanted to an 1812 mod and edited some settlements and ownership for that. But ultimately thanks to the combined effort of my lack of 3d-modelling skills and the brilliant SCW units that have been waiting for a campaign i decided the mod will begin in 1861. So now that i have removed the eastern Indian factions and edited capitals it is much more in line with 1861 than a quasi-1812-1836 mod.

Name:	kingdoms 2014-11-01 02-01-17-60.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	427.4 KB 
ID:	316483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-11-01 02-01-54-25.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	316484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-11-01 02-03-25-25.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	316485

@The First Triumvirate

Regarding the other factions, first and foremost I'd say don't bite off more than you can chew, or want to. The centerpiece of this campaign would be the Union and Confederate units made by SCW, at least right now. So I'd focus more on those, and once they're in place you can fine-tune the rest. Especially since any other factions' units will likely be based off of those save for the non-rifle using Amerindians.

First and foremost, what exactly does the map cover? That will determine what is on the map.

regards!

You're certainly right. It will take quite a while to give all the factions the same attention. Thankfully there is no rule set that all these factions have to be playable on the map yet. I just intended to fill in the community the size of the map, and my intentions. The map goes as far south as northern parts south america. The map is based on manifest destiny, if you will. The US Civil War is the centerpiece but it is not limited to it. Following the Civil War the US continued to expand westward, got panama, and went to war with Spain. This campaign won't cover up to the Spanish-American War period, but the option will be there for the player. And if i wish to include the American expansion aspect as far south as panama than i must as well include the factions that own the territory between. Besides there is some interesting stuff going on in the Western hemisphere during this period that would be nice to see. It is quite unlikely that all these factions will be playable upon the initial release, but that's the overall goal.

david8291's Avatar Foederatus

cosi' ottimo lavoro!!!!!Potresti approfondire anche la fazione messicana...

Domesticus

Good news!

I sent you a PM.

what happened in the progree?

Its a process but im rolling right along. Working on Native American factions now. Apache and Sioux are in. Although i need to change weapons for some of the units and give both factions more cavalry and elite gun troops.

Hello progress report?: : Thumbsup2

Well there still is alot of stuff to do. I have to do edb stuff as well as create strat models for the generals, amongst other things.

But the good news is all generals are in with custom traits, and bios. I plan on tweaking the traits further and replacing piety with management.

Here is some updated pics:

Name:	kingdoms 2014-11-21 13-01-59-57.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	379.3 KB 
ID:	317351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-11-21 13-03-08-80.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	377.6 KB 
ID:	317352

Congratulation great work !!!! Do you have intention of characterized culture pro slavery or abolizionist in many region?I think eliminate religion? exsume me for my bad english

Icon6 So awesome to hear that this great mod is getting the attention it deserves ! Bravo!!!!

Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by david8291 View Post
    Congratulation great work !!!! Do you have intention of characterized culture pro slavery or abolizionist in many region?I think eliminate religion? exsume me for my bad english
    I have put some thought into it and i have concluded slavery and abolitionism being the basis for religion is rather exclusive. The problem i have found is that factions like the native American factions, or Mexico, France, and Great Britain (whenever they get finished), fall outside the free-soil, slavery debate. Instead for religion i believe i am going to use government style. This way religion is not quite as singular and can relate to all factions and not just the two American ones.

Regarding how to incorporate slavery i have thought about developing a system that uses buildings in regions that produce an abundance of natural resources to signify regions that adhere to slavery. This would give the player the option to build slavery, as an institution, in specific settlements. In the case of the Union, they will have the opportunity to build or 'extend' slavery into the new territories or choose to construct a building or 'pass legislation' to make them a free state.

Buona idea

But also Agamennon work in this mod?

Some Natives could use the existing Union and Confederate models, but with a simple skintone change and possibly tomahawk secondary weapons, since enlisted tribes, like the Iroquois, would have been uniformed and carrying rifles. I could help with adding feathers or other non-government issue gear they appear to wear in photographs from the period. That'd help keep them varied from the typical soldiers, but not in warpaint wielding bows.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; November 29, 2014 at 02:47 PM.

If you have the ability, by all means. My skills are pretty limited to text work, so if you are capable i would be happy to integrate whatever units you come up with.

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks very good! Keep up the good work!
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast