Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Strategic Edict Governance (Alpha) - With new Sell Food edict, major bug fixes

Default [SUBMOD] Strategic Edict Governance (Alpha) - With new Sell Food edict, major bug fixes

What is it? My goal was to achieve two things. One, make edicts more than senseless buffs which require no more thought than which province you want to boost. Two, I wanted to implement some sort of 'provincial policy.' Each choice has drawbacks and advantages while giving the player the flexibility to dictate things left out of this game. It does the following things:
    • Includes 22 brand new edicts in all.
    • Each faction has 8 edicts in total (the max supported by the UI)
    • Subcultures have unique edicts.
    • The edict limit is set at 57 across the board. That's the max number of provinces in the Grand Campaign. This includes HaTG and CiG, as well.
    • Includes the Sell Slaves mod by Phalangitis, and a brand new sell food edict. As you construct farms, you will be able to sell your excess food (which will be calculated/determined by the food production of the province.
    • Some of the edicts have been rebalanced.
    • Major bug fixes - all edicts should be working properly.

New Sell Food Edict The major contribution of this mod, in my view. This new edict has two simple effects.
    1. The player is able to set the edict to sell excess food in a province. The amount of food sold is equal to the amount produced by the food production buildings in the regions. It will start at 0 and add up as you build.
    2. The player will receive +30% wealth from agriculture based on each food sold. So, if you have 3 foodstuffs to sell, you will get a 120% boost to wealth from agriculture.

Preview
    Screenshots

Credits
    • ABH2 (Creator)
    • Phalangitis (Creator of the Sell Your Slaves Mod, I'd like to thank him specially for allowing me to include his work)

Last edited by ABH2; August 30, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

Default Re: Strategic Edict Governance (Alpha) - With new Sell Food edict, major bug fixes

Just noticed I put this in the main forum. Sorry for that.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Strategic Edict Governance (Alpha) - With new Sell Food edict, major bug fixes

Moved to the correct section.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Strategic Edict Governance (Alpha) - With new Sell Food edict, major bug fixes

Some of the other changes:
    -Slave/Conscript labor edicts now reduce the construction time/cost of all building chains with a newly created effect.
    -Total War now provides +3 recruitment slots, and the food penalty was dropped some.
    -All cash penalties have been converted to percentages.
    -The increased tax edict will now provide the player with +3 food. Lower taxes -3 food. This is to fill a request from the old thread asking for a food edict of some kind.
    -The Punic Trade edict now specifically enhances diplomatic relations with Carthage (and only Carthage).

For modders, I've also constructed these effects so that in the future they can tie into buildings and be modified very easily. Slave buildings, for instance, could bump up the slave labor edict, or the Sell Slaves edict.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Exciting stuff, ABH2! I loved your old edicts mod, and this one looks even better.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Great stuff thanks!

this update has better optimization and options to use depending on the situation u need it for! well done

Two simple questions :

Is it save game compatible ?

And does the Edict limit of 57 is tied to the Imperium level or not ?

Because I just started a Roman campaign and even if not very far (42 turns) I quite like it.

I just got back in the game and in DeI and I was surprised that there weren't (or at least not in my early campaign) changes concerning the Edicts in DeI.

Is it save game compatible ?
    It may cause a crash with save games, but you can try it. Reason being old edicts are discarded unlike the last version.

It is not compatible with the new beta patch for those who downloaded it. Like most mods, the patch broke it. I need to redo it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    It may cause a crash with save games, but you can try it. Reason being old edicts are discarded unlike the last version.
    Thanks for the answer, I'll cancel the only edict that I can afford, save the campaign, apply your submod and see what happens.

Thanks for the answer, I'll cancel the only edict that I can afford, save the campaign, apply your submod and see what happens.
    Let me know how this goes/went.

Also, is it/how is it working with the new DeI version?

Works like a charm.

I only have two provinces so I can only field two Edicts but they are working and I've been switching between them based on my current needs.

Haven't noticed any problems with the new DeI version but I haven't had that many play hours with it.

I like the fact that you put more Edicts from which to choose but you may take into account the old Edicts that are still upgradeable through buildings, characters, ancillaries,...

Example :

Some buildings (trading ports and other trading and commerce buildings) and characters traits give a bonus to the Commercial Stimulation Edict (not sure about the name) but the Edict doesn't exist any more so these traits and buildings are wasted.

I haven't checked if some other bonuses (like + X public order when using Bread and Games Edict from building/character trait) are applied or not.

I like the fact that there is a negative effect for certain Edicts but not all of them or maybe not that harsh because in an early game they are really harsh and you may even be better off not using any Edicts.

And it is particularly noticeable with the Public Order Nightmare submod that makes captured cities take forever to secure.

The reason they aren't tied to buildings at this point in time is because I am working on a complete (100%) building overhaul for the game. So, I suppose I just don't want to do the double work.

Thanks for the feedback. I have tried to incorporate suggestions into the mod in the past, so it's all taken into account.

You're welcome, glad to be helping you out.

Finally having more choice concerning Edicts and the fact that they come with some negative effects adds complexity to the game.

Edicts are no more "fire and forget" like they were before particularly Bread and Games, which was and still is in a way, the bread and butter of Edicts, the "default" one to launch.

Your submod should be taken into the main DeI to be honest because it really is a nice and important addition to the game.

Keep up the good work

With the latest DeI version I have more than 8 edicts to choose, but they are not displayed properly (because of the UI limit I believe). Is there anything can be done atm?

With the latest DeI version I have more than 8 edicts to choose, but they are not displayed properly (because of the UI limit I believe). Is there anything can be done atm?
    Hm - only 8 should be displayed, and the game has no problem doing that. You are saying there are only 8 present, but they aren't displayed properly? Could you provide some more details?

Hm - only 8 should be displayed, and the game has no problem doing that. You are saying there are only 8 present, but they aren't displayed properly? Could you provide some more details?
    There are more than 8 Edicts available but one (or more) of them is overlapping another one in the UI.

It happened when Dresden added new Edicts in one of the revisions of the main DeI mod.

They were overlapping but they didn't seem to make the game crash, at least for me. But I didn't check if they were completely functional (PO and food were (dis)counted).

I'll have to rework some things. I hadn't looked at DeI since they added their new sell food edict. It uses the same name as mine. I may just use theirs and include their buy food edict, but I'm not sure which other one I would want to drop for it. I'm also not sure if I like that concept - but if people want to see it added to this DeI version, I'll work things out.

Yes, the edicts should function/won't cause crashes. It's purely a UI issue from what I've seen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-12_00001.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	493.2 KB 
ID:	313826

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

Can you update it for new DEI?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast