View Poll Results: Shall he become a Citizen?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 94.74%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 5.26%

Thread: [Citizen] Hitai de Bodemloze (Patron: Robin de Bodemloze)

Default [Citizen] Hitai de Bodemloze (Patron: Robin de Bodemloze)

From the applicant My name is f0ma and I’m a writer. Having wandered around online for eight years or so, I’d never really found a writing community I’ve ever felt at home in. However, in March last year I found Total War Center, after happening upon the after action report of my patron. Inspired, I signed up and began to pen my own tale:The Road to Kyoto.

Unfortunately this story has suffered due to persistent technical problems, so is now effectively abandoned. However, I still pen stories whenever I have the time. I’m currently working on a new after action report entitled A Thunder That Shook The Heavens, whilst intermittently updating a creative writing project by the name of Spring Morning in a Han Palace. I’ve authored a few other short stories in my time here, links to which can be found here.

Having remained a regular poster in the Writers’ Study since my joining the forum, I was recently promoted to serve on the staff team in June. Noticing that many of our indexes were out of date, I took it upon myself to become the Study’s primary archivist. My main job thus involves keeping our records up to date with completed stories, competition results and other important information. However, when I’m required I also help to run our monthly competitions as well. My final duty is to help brainstorm and plan new community initiatives, although that’s all rather hush hush, so I can’t really discuss that here.

Outside of the Study, I also contribute to content in another way. Shortly after joining the forum, my patron – then editor – offered me a position with the Critic’s Quill. I’ve now been with the Quill for over a year now and have penned eleven articles, ranging from Scriptorium Competition reviews to the regular news column which is now my responsibility. Alongside my promotion to Writers’ Study staff in June, I was simultaneously offered the position of deputy editor of the Quill that month. In this new role my duties have now stretched to include assisting with an issue’s editing before publication, keeping our in-house archives up to date and functioning in a liaison capacity with the rest of the team. I also recently compiled a complete index of former staff members of the Quill, complete with their relevant positions within the team and their individual dates of service. I’m hoping this can make its way out of our administration forum and on to the wiki or another public archive in some shape or form soon.

Finally I also try to be of any help I can to anyone in need of writing assistance. I receive a fair few private messages from people asking for advice, but I’m also active in public threads where folks are requesting help. A few examples of this might be helping a fellow AARtist with battle descriptions, providing a serious outlook on academic writing and lending some in-depth constructive criticism of a story.

As a citizen I hope I can inspire new writers on Total War Center, in the same way that my patron inspired me. I hope I can motivate others to take a more active role in writing here and to help the forum’s writing community to continue to grow and evolve.

From the patron I first came across f0ma in the Writer's Study and having seen his writing, invited him to join me as part of the staff for the Critic's Quill. In the time since he has blossomed into not only an active - and valuable - contributor to the Quill, he is now the publication's Deputy Editor. He has also become a member of Writer's Study staff, where he is one of a handful of staff helping to manage several forum competitions and to encourage growth in the writing community. For his endeavours he has been awarded a Silver Quill. As both an outstanding writer of his own work, and a hard working member of Content Staff, I believe he is worthy of becoming a citizen, both in reward for his contributions, and as an example to othe aspiring writers. I hereby ask you to approve of his promotion.

For your reference, f0ma has been responsible for the following articles for the Quill:

Issue 38:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-Issue-38#R31
    Issue 40:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-Issue-40#R03
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-Issue-40#R04
    Issue 41:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-Issue-41#R06
    Issue 42:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-Issue-42#R01
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-Issue-42#R04
    Issue 43
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p=14026851#R01
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p=14026851#R03
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p=14026851#R05
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p=14026851#R07
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p=14026851#R08

To illustrate some of his achievements I have enclosed references recommending him for citizenship from Shankbot and m_1512, the current editor of the Quill.

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512
    I would like to recommend f0ma for citizenship and I vouch for his contributions to Content Staff. Instead of starting with f0ma's tenure here, which would be mentioned in the application, I keep this part focused on the contributions.

In the Critic's Quill, f0ma has been contribution with multiple excellent articles every edition, which are around 3-5 articles edition wise. This is along with his Writer's Study work, and his writing projects. Further, f0ma also helps out in the archiving work for the Critic's Quill. For people who have done similar work, I am sure you will agree that archiving and record keeping is not exactly easy and entertaining job. Concluding, I would also add that his Silver Quill awarded for dedication and service to the staff should speak volumes about his work ethics.

Cheers,
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze
    I can heartily recommend f0ma for Citizenship, he is a top bloke, and being an ex-WS local mod I know the work both on and off stage that goes on there - updating threads (a lot of them - many recently updated by him), keeping activity up, and encouraging new writers, running the competitions and the likes. Indeed I remember when f0ma first came to the WS and we all greeted him, and it is great to see he is doing the same thing for other people.

I haven't read his personal writing as diligently as I should but from the comments it is easy to see he writes high-quality stuff, both as AARS/CW pieces and as works for the Critic's Quill, which is always a bonus in my books - and the Silver Quill he has just goes to show his work for Content Staff, which on its own is a worthy and sizeable contribution.
    Thank you for your attention,

Robin de Bodemloze
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; August 21, 2014 at 09:16 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: [Citizen] f0ma (Patron: Robin de Bodemloze)

I'm very happy to see f0ma's application. He has been one of our most dedicated and hardest working member of content for awhile now. It's been a real pleasure having him on our team and I hope he stays for a long time! He's left a huge mark on the Writer's Study and the Critic's Quill, and it would be a much different place without his energy and enthusiasm. His application mentions his silver quill, but in fact due to all his hard work and the fact that he regularly goes beyond then normal call of duty, he's overdue for the gold quill, which I have just gone ahead and awarded to him.

So, with all that said, an easy yes from me.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Solid application, hard working member, recommendations.

Welcome to Arstotzka f0ma
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

I know Robin's idea of contribution and threshold to citizenship very well. If I knew nothing else, that would be enough for me to vote yes, blindfolded.

The application and SF's statements are just the icing and cherry on top of the cake!

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

A dedicated member, no doubt.
    Welcome.

I've been waiting for this

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

Another recommendation for f0ma.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Retreat View Post
    I'd just like to say that if foma isn't a citizen by this time next week, I'll eat my proverbial hat - and everyone else's too. I don't think I've ever seen a harder working member of content staff in all the time I've lurked there. Not that my word is worth the pixels they're typed with in this context, but I'd back him to the hilt.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q

f0ma's awesome as SF says. He has done extremely well in the Critics Quill and has written a number of solid articles there. He's also done well and shown great spirit with local moderation in the Writers Study. I can't speak highly of him. He's a great example to other writers and has great character. Sign him up for citizenship ya! This application is such an obvious yes, it's a no brainer!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

ABSOLUTE wodka!!
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

I offered to sponsor him myself but he was already taken, I'm going to say Yes

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    He's also done well and shown great spirit with local moderation in the Writers Study.
    I was just gonna say the same thing.
    Obvious support is obvious.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'll third that.

Support.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Support!

Blog Entries

Time for a vote, me thinks.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Time for a vote, me thinks.
    So it was written, so it has come to pass. The fires have been lit and a vote has been summoned.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Voted yes, with pleasure.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Blog Entries

Hear 'ear!

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Voted

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

voted

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

The tricksy applicant changed his name so I've updated the thread accordingly. He should have access to the Curia now, as well as a smiley face sticker. Archiving and such.