Thread: Real Combat 2.0 / Early, High and Late Campaigns

Default Real Combat 2.0 / Early, High and Late Campaigns

Hi all,

Apologies for my very extended absence - 3 year old daughter to bring up and a new baby son born, new work, moving house etc...

Real Combat 2.0 for Early and Late Campaigns has been done for a long time, I simply had my mind on other things and haven't spent the time to give it a polish before release.

I am now working on a proper Late campaign that starts in 1370, so there will be Early (1100), High (1220) and Late (1370) campaigns. Since the RC recruitment system works from 1100-1620 I can just set the date to 1370 and available units and recruitment work with no changes needed. Lots of new tweaks, unit models and textures, with about 15 selectable submods for each campaign. The main addition is RC2.0 which should appeal to those who like a realistic battlefield where contemporary tactics and unit capabilities are well represented, which is the main focus of this mod. Its not a huge amount of work but will take a bit of time, will try to keep it moving along as best I can despite RL interfering.

Quick reminder of RC 2.0 info attached. New weapons, stats, animations that more realistically reflect weapon attack methods, eg differences between cut/cut-and-thrust/thrust weapons, the tendancy to use swords well into the high era almost entirely for cutting attacks, morale system, armor system (eg Nobles and professionals get access to new armors 10-15 years ahead of lower-class units), heat modifiers, heavily modified cavalry stats and behavior, weapon/armor quality modified by unit class, infantry mass...)

Moneybags14 did an excellent auto-stat generator for RC for TATW, which I should probably try to adapt for SS.

Cheers,
    PB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 18, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Real Combat 3.0 / Early, High and Late Campaigns

Hey dude nice to see you again. We all understand that RL commitments takes presidence over games, especially family.

Good news about 3.0. Keep us updated. +rep

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Real Combat 3.0 / Early, High and Late Campaigns

Fabulous, to see you post PB, sounds all very interesting.

Congrats on your son, I remember when your daughter was born, cannot believe that was 3 yrs ago

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Default Re: Real Combat 2.0 / Early, High and Late Campaigns

Yeah they grow up too fast! My son now 9 months, where did it go?
    That should have been RC2.0, not 3.0, its been so long that I got the version number wrong , edited above.

I tried Rome TW 2, the battles seem difficult to manage and tend to dissolve into blobs of combatants, while madly clicking on nearby targets for friendly units. Maybe I need to try a mod, just downloaded Divide et Imperia, any recommendations?
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 18, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Hey, nice to see the release of 2.0- its been a couple years literally.

Divide et Imperia is probably the best mod for Rome 2 right now but unfortunately that isn't saying much in my opinion. Rome 2 is certain fun to play a couple times but has much less replay for me due to the horrible sieges and some other annoyances not to mention the feel of the combat just is not very good. I think the blobbing and speed that units react and form up etc. Probably some mod will be able to improve the melee combat eventually but I haven't seen it yet. Unless/until sieges are improved I can't see myself playing Rome 2.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

I agree, theres a reason I stuck with M2 over R2. I tried a couple of mods and its fun for a little while... but it gets boring fast and then your done with it.

just cuz u ask for recommendations for r2 mods , I'd tried rome 2 with all available mods but close combat mod is the best for battles ! Silven's mod is also wat u should try for better balanced battles . I petty much dint like battles in any other mod or vanilla .

Thanks for info guys. Will look at Close Combat mod.

Just loaded Divide et Impera but it came up with almost 400 conflicts in the first module alone (from Steam), looks a bit odd but it starts OK.

Can't the melee movement speed and rotation be adjusted with a slider?
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 19, 2014 at 01:35 AM.

"presidence"

Precedence.

I also remember when his daughter was born. Time is accelerating. Noooo!

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Great to have you back.
    Last edited by Judeman266; June 20, 2014 at 02:12 AM.

Libertus

Great to have you back! Waiting for the campaign in 1370 and the new Real recruiting. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks!

How do I add this to SS6.3?

never the less, i found myself somewhat surprised to learn, and in so surprising a fashion, just how weak my Scott's militia spearmen are: 1 attack value? really? (naturally i assume the cavalry attack bonus produces a higher value?). it occurs to me logically, that something has to be worth 1 on the battlefield, and as means of relative assessment of value, but wouldn't 1 be reserved for "rabble" and peasant-type infantry formations? at any rate, i was interested in understanding why basic spearmen (at least Scottish spearmen) only have a defensive value and function to the battlefield?

sub-note: assuming you noticed the same anomaly, e.g. addressed by sub-mod?

Our patience has been rewarded.

Welcome back, PB.

Can't wait for more info on this.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

All links are dead Can 't find RC2.0 anywhere.

The new version was never released. PB surfaced again in January of this year saying it was ready and it would be released within a week, but he still didn't release it.