Page 15 of 306 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

The log sadly tells me nothing.. Does this error appear all the time or only using a certain unit type?
    I really thought there were no CTD's left in this game. I played a 650 turn sicily campaign myself and didn't have a single crash...

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    The log sadly tells me nothing.. Does this error appear all the time or only using a certain unit type?
    I really thought there were no CTD's left in this game. I played a 650 turn sicily campaign myself and didn't have a single crash...
    Definitely still crashes I'm afraid, I get a couple every now and then, usually involving laying siege to a settlement. Although reloading usually fixes the problem.

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Yeah. Quite a bit of bugs. Not as bad since last patch but yeah. I get a crash when I move my spy into Paris for example. I'm using a mix of crusader units and mercenary spearman. I have no idea what the Venicens had. Your try doing it. Play as england and send an english army with a mix of spear militia and assortment of Crusaders and mercanarys and assault the venicion captital
    Last edited by MRENGLISHRULES; December 16, 2014 at 02:05 AM.

Hey there!
    When you guys planning to release the next patch? I was tired of looking at crossbowmen with geometric lines in textures And others I have mentioned above bugs with units...
    These pesky little things interfere with enjoying the company

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

It's on its way. I'm doing my best.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Great job with the mod so far, only been playing a few days and its the most fun I've had with a Total War game in ages. I particularly appreciate the Campaign map, the tough economy / unit costs and the AI improvements.

Playing on H / VH, after 3 very short lived but fun campaigns I decided to try Scotland. I took Ireland and Wales no problem, but it seems that I can't upgrade the town in Ireland or the castle in Wales.

Wales now has every building possible already built ( except the convert to city option obviously) and according to the building browser it has enough population to upgrade (it is shown as a castle-size settlement-level 2) but when I hover the mouse over the castle upgrade in the building browser it just says "not possible to build this yet"

Dublin has the same problem, enough pop, logging camp and site hut built, no option to upgrade.

Any ideas or am I just being Dumb ?

I'd also like to report that the mod has been pretty stable for me. 2 random non-repeating crashes on the turn end over about 150 turns over 4 different campaigns

Also, the AI bug discussed on page 8 about AI sallying forces attacking a your besieging army and not recieving their re-enforcements kinda ruined my second campaign. I love how hard this Mod is and how difficult / unwize it is to blitz at the start. Yet playing as Portugal I virtually single-handedly kicked the Moors out of Iberia in the first 25 turns, just from unintentionally triggering this bug with every siege. What makes it even worse is that the huge AI army right next to your new city that should have been the re-inforcements always leave the next turn to defend some other territory instead of easily taking their land back.

Having seen this bug in action many times I am sure that the assumtions made about it on page 8 are correct, and a possible simple AI fix would be to make sure that when defending seiges it is the "re-inforcement" Army in the field that always iniciates the battle.

@Humangutan: Thanks for the feedback mate!

I've never seen a bug where you can't upgrade your settlements when the requirements are met.. how much population do you actually have?

The second thing.. Well that's annoying to me aswell, but I don't know of any way to really fix it.. You can't just tell the AI to act how you described it sadly. If anyone else has an idea concerning this bug, please tell me.

Dublin is a large town with a wooden wall and 11545 pop.

Kaerenarven is a wooden castle with a Motte and Baily and 4288 pop.

I admit I have no idea the pop requirements of this Mod. I assumed it was a bug because in the Building browser "Large Town/Wooden Castle" are highlighted, meaning I've reached that level. "Stone Wall / Castle", on the same levels are not highlighted and with the "cannot construct yet" message.

The Abbasaids have European music on campaign map and the mercenary crossbow men in Spain have a problem with animations I think they just don't look right.

As for the AI bug, It's more than just annoying for me and turns SSHIP into something I can just have fun with rather than something I can really play. I've never encoutered it on any other iteration of Total War, and its a real shame as the AI seems generally so much better in SSHIP.

I have no idea how TW AI works unfortunately - can we install other AI mods and use them with SSHIP, hopefully elimitating this bug, without many negative reprecussions ? or is the AI tied the the unique campaign map / economy ?

I don't know if it's just me but battles are over so quickly enemy units will just rout or fall like flies. I just wish they would last longer and be more tactical.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

What faction are you playing?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    What faction are you playing?
    I was playing as the Moors the animations of cross bow men were all over the place.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by cloud700 View Post
    I was playing as the Moors the animations of cross bow men were all over the place.
    When having such problems it is really helpful to provide screenshots

The Crossbowmen bug is known. We basically need to revert to the original skin or fix their bowstrings.

@Humangutan: As far is I know, there is no variable or no command to fix this.. Even replacing AI's shouldnt really do much.

So is the AI sally bug not unique to SSHIP ? I've played a lot of MTW over the years and never saw it before.

Pursued the war effort against Hungary as Poland, and the Duke got this trait from kicking so much ass:

Not entirely sure if this is a bug, but wouldn't it be a little odd that the heir to a Catholic dukedom calling itself a kingdom would dislike Catholics?

Now for technical help.

I use console a lot in game, sometimes for roleplaying as factions that don't exist in the game or for copious amounts of cheating and it is a bit difficult to use console for the eastern settlements that have long marks due to the lack of alt-codes generally available. Can I get some assistance for inserting the proper settlement names or directions to the files in which I can change the long mark letters to normal Latin letters?

you can easily get the internal names of settlements by searching in data/text/imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt, there you'll have the internal name inside {} next to name displayed in game.

Greetings, I'm very tempted to try out this submod, but to be honest my current StSt6.4 version has other submods and a lot of changes made by me.
    So how do you make multiple installs of this mod? Normally in other mods you have to change the batch file, the cfg, and other scripts files, etca.
    Thank you