Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Sure!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for the late reply, I'm the one with the crowning issue, i found the names for the crowned trait and the crown ancillary in the mod files and used the give command in the console. Was that right for me to do? Should i do anything else? Is the game going to work properly? Generals' loyalty etc

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMcSwaggerGr View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, I'm the one with the crowning issue, i found the names for the crowned trait and the crown ancillary in the mod files and used the give command in the console. Was that right for me to do? Should i do anything else? Is the game going to work properly? Generals' loyalty etc
    The game is going to work properly if you've got a crown. You won't pay the upkeep as the code will be included only in the next patch.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Crowns, Titles, Offices:- province lists and maps for all the crowns upadated. It means: all crowns are available if the in-game described conditions are met.
    - some crowns previously not present in the game were added. For some other there're 2 alternative sets of provinces to get a crown.
    - technical side re-done: added 28 traits in EDCT, added the required triggers etc. Triggers in EDA were simplified.
    - coronation and crown upkeep costs are introduced, as described in the framework for the crowns.
    - information texts refined - both on the traits, and also the info-windows;
    - added showing the provinces that are required to get a crown (in the faction's panel);

Varmir's CTD's are probably caused by NGB - it's the only reason I had CTD's on latest patched version of SSHIP. It's easily fixed by disabling all NoGoingBack triggers in EDCT.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker from Codex View Post
    Varmir's CTD's are probably caused by NGB - it's the only reason I had CTD's on latest patched version of SSHIP. It's easily fixed by disabling all NoGoingBack triggers in EDCT.
    Maybe you can upload your edct for him to check it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Maybe you can upload your edct for him to check it?
    Yes please, since I do not know what edct is and how to edit it!

Sure.

@Varmir, make sure to backup your original EDCT and use mine to check if you still have your CTD issue. In case you don't, I suggest you edit original (Jurand's) EDCT instead of using mine - it's heavily edited to my personal preferences. Lots of features disabled, many others rebalanced or tweaked, etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sure.

@Varmir, make sure to backup your original EDCT and use mine to check if you still have your CTD issue. In case you don't, I suggest you edit original (Jurand's) EDCT instead of using mine - it's heavily edited to my personal preferences. Lots of features disabled, many others rebalanced or tweaked, etc.
    Where can I find this EDCT?

Another issue I ran into is units having ghost like textures.

Get used to ghost textures - they are not going anywhere, unfortunately.

Where can I find this EDCT?
    It's in the data folder. "export_descr_character_traits"

You can open it with any txt editor, use ctr+F to find all "_NoGoingBack" triggers and disable them by commenting out with ";", or even delete them completely.

Example. Before editing:

;------------------------------------------Trigger Generous_NoGoingBack
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Generous > 1
    and Trait Generous < 3

Affects Generous 10 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------
    After editing:

;------------------------------------------;Trigger Generous_NoGoingBack
    ; WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    ;
    ; Condition Trait Generous > 1
    ; and Trait Generous < 3
    ;
    ; Affects Generous 10 Chance 100
    ;
    ;------------------------------------------

It's in the data folder. "export_descr_character_traits"

You can open it with any txt editor, use ctr+F to find all "_NoGoingBack" triggers and disable them by commenting out with ";", or even delete them completely.

Example. Before editing:

After editing:
    They should make these units OP. Like true ghosts.

And your edct worked like a charm. Conquering Novgorod for the crown!!! Thanks a lot

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

My next version of KCC (KCC 0.9.4) fixes this error ... and many more !

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    My next version of KCC (KCC 0.9.4) fixes this error ... and many more !
    When is it up for download ?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

It would be helpful if people could simply report the name and faction of these silver surfers
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

It would be helpful if people could simply report the name and faction of these silver surfers
    For me, they just appear every now and then without rhyme or reason. For every faction, including my own, but not in every battle. Hell, they even appear outside of battles - hostile fleets are sometimes silver.

If kostic manages to fix the issue, it would be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    In the first screenshot, the Ruthenian Aechers are in Kyevan Rus faction, and in the second the Heavy Spearmen are Rebels. I had placed the cursor over them, so their name and faction would be apparent.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

My remark wasn't for you. I've noticed that on your pics
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Units without textures do not appear "without rhyme or reason".
    Just a faction list in the modeldb is incomplete for this kind of incident to occur. The best method to find the forgotten faction is to do like Varmir, a screenshot with the cursor indicating the name of the unit.

However, finding the lack of textures for rebel factions is the most complicated, as we cannot test the unit in "custom battle" mode. The problem appears during the campaign and given the number of factions to play and the number of hours necessary to complete a campaign ...
    Unless you find the list of potentially rebel units and check in the modeldb that each one has the faction "slave" or "rebels" in its list of textures ?
    Last edited by kostic; March 21, 2020 at 04:27 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

1. see the unit name on battle
    2. review the "export_units.txt" into text data -> text file and track the name
    3. review the "export_descr_unit" to find the model that is used
    4. review the "battle_models.txt" to find what models and texture are used. ussually the rebel varient is missing.

Okay, now I have another issue, game-play related. I am at round 122, and after a message about heavy hain mail, I can no longer train Druzina (foot and cavalry) at the cities I was able to. I checked the building that was enabling their recruitment and it says that it now enables Boyars recruitment. Nevertheless, I can neither see Boyars available. Also, many cities have now only 1 recruitment slot, which makes replenishing and trainingway too slow. What is the reason for this? Previously they cities had 2-3 recruitment slots.