Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I think the "Faltering Courage" trait gained when auto-resolve a battle must be removed, or at least have its chance reduced. Because sometimes i have to fight an army in an unaccessible mountains when in battle, which is a bit annoying.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    I think the "Faltering Courage" trait gained when auto-resolve a battle must be removed, or at least have its chance reduced. Because sometimes i have to fight an army in an unaccessible mountains when in battle, which is a bit annoying.
    It will be in the patch E.

Great work guys, impressive.

I will of course play test on VH Campaign to get the best experience with the new features.

But what about Battle? I usually play on H to avoid too much morale boost for the AI but tend to pay VH lately. What do you recommend?

Finally: is the bug with peasant archers where the screen turns black at the an screen angles in sieges fixed?
    Cheers!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Is the Sicilian crown working? I'm pretty sure I'm meeting all the requirements and nothing is happening.

Edit: I had a different general as governor in Palermo. When I removed that general, he was crowned on the next turn.
    Last edited by GiddeeUpp; November 03, 2020 at 01:30 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@der böse wolf : You can play the battles in VH in my opinion. The new campaign is however more difficult than usual in VH. I would choose H / VH personally.

No. The archers bug is not fixed in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    I will of course play test on VH Campaign to get the best experience with the new features.
    But what about Battle? I usually play on H to avoid too much morale boost for the AI but tend to pay VH lately. What do you recommend?
    For you, DBW, definitely VH.
    Read the descriptions here first, it'll give you a gist.
    For the next patch, E, I've prepared a new, systematic recruitment for Georgia (plus the transition events). Maybe check it at that time?
    Also the Hanseatic guild bug is fixed there (it was possible to get it outside of the area).
    There're plenty crashes while loading the mod and leaving it, but in the meantime, while playing, I've seen very few (eg. I've played HRE for 50 turns and no crash).
    Peasant archerst bug not fixed, as kostic mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddeeUpp View Post
    Is the Sicilian crown working? I'm pretty sure I'm meeting all the requirements and nothing is happening.
    Edit: I had a different general as governor in Palermo. When I removed that general, he was crowned on the next turn.
    Thanks, that's valuable insight. I'll update the descriptions to make them more precise.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 03, 2020 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks, that's valuable insight. I'll update the descriptions to make them more precise.[/QUOTE]

Also, there are 2 maps that show up in the faction info, so it is unclear which territories you actually need to conquer to "reforge" the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddeeUpp View Post
    Also, there are 2 maps that show up in the faction info, so it is unclear which territories you actually need to conquer to "reforge" the realm.
    These are alternatives, either one or the other...

Hello everyone, I'm trying to improve the relation and reputation system in SSHIP and I would love to have some feedback, so please check this thread if you're interested!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

There's a new patch E released. It includes the Belovese fix, as well as new improvements, notably the Georgian recruitment tweak.

Changelog for patches A-E:
    (X) information windows:
    - changes on the thrones (Death of Leader events) and changes of the names of the settlements after a conquest will be notified only to the neighbouring factions - as a result the player will get fewer notifications.
    - a warning will be issued when the FL gets senile - to remind the player that he should have some spare money to pay for the funeral if the FL dies, to pay attention to the usurpers, or just to pay attention to the weaknesses as he's a governor or an army leader.
    - explanation of the initial Forced Tribute buildings attached
    (X) recruitment of units:
    - recruitment of the Georgian units fundamentally reviewed and improved. Two new events (Georgian Golden Age, Georgian Revival) introduced as conditions. They are triggered not by time but by the course of the events, even thought there's a fall back - a certain date will trigger the reforms irrespectively.
    - recruitment from SiegeWorks tweaked (more complicated conditions to recruit mangonels and trebuchets - based on historical events).
    - some order for the Cuman Militia recruitment (all levels of city barracks).
    - a few simple tribal units (Bondir, Scottish Skirmishers, Causacus Hillmen, Lithuanian Skirmishers, Berber Javelinmen, African Tribal Warriors) are recruitable from the castle core buildings, with no increase in numbers as the castle gets upgraded (only some experience more). The same units are also recruitable from the barracks in the cities, also with no progression (but no progression even in experience).
    (X) buildings
    - fixes to the recruitment of priests (both churches and theologian guilds).
    - benefits of the Ikoner Studio made more complicated with Byzantine Renaissance mechanics added.
    (X) guilds
    - Hanseatic system fixed: plugins re-introduced into EDB to make the script working, special triggers to ensure that the non-eligible regions won't get the guild).
    - getting any guild will make getting another one of same type in another settlement unlikely soon (other guilds should be offered first).
    (X) map
    - resource Marble changed into Stone, a new map model is included (thanks to Makayane and Zantorian).
    (X) initial situation
    - (further) re-positioning of resources (Spain, Germany, Italy);
    - thresholds for upgrade for cities lifted upwards given the observed effects of changes in parameters and fertility (change from town to large town and from large town to minor city were very easy, even without the need to build everything). The required re-levelling of the settlements done.
    - what follows, some adjustments in the set of buildings in the starting settlements.
    (X) traits and ancillaries
    - some tweaks to the traits (triggers and descriptions), in particular preventing to get Coward from the autoresolved battles; adding the FL initial authority.
    - PTs for Ulm and Hamburg fixed.
    - some pics of ancillaries changed.
    (X) mechanics
    - new events (Georgian Golden Age, Georgian Revival, 2x Byzantine Renaissance 1 Lithuanian) - all with the gameplay implications.
    - "First Scotish Uprising" added to the script to mirror the William Wallace uprising of the late era (that one may happen only after turn 250, while the new one - instantly).
    - marginal fixes to the Mongol Invasion script
    (X) fixes
    - fix to the Quotes bug that prompted very frequent crashes on entering and exiting the SSHIP, and also after battles

Really love this continuous work and this mini patches improving sship mod!!!
    Thanks for your work sship team,It is pleasant to see that after years this game continues to improve and it is becoming more immersive and historical
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Since the Belovèse patch concerning screen transistions, I no longer have a CTD.
    SSHIP 0.9.7 + D works fine with my KCC mod.
    Hope it will work with patch E as well !

Small additional question: in my campaign with France, King Louis died and left the crown to Philippe.
    For 2 turns that Philippe is the king, no other heir has been named. Is this normal ?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Since the Belovèse patch concerning screen transistions, I no longer have a CTD.
    I am surprised this wasn't picked up earlier as the issue already existed in the base installation of Stainless Steel (hotfix is available now)

Finally! I'll check that out now.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Small additional question: in my campaign with France, King Louis died and left the crown to Philippe.
    For 2 turns that Philippe is the king, no other heir has been named. Is this normal ?
    I'm not sure, but I believe it can happen if your next heir is underage (still a child)?
    Last edited by Belovèse; November 10, 2020 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am surprised this wasn't picked up earlier as the issue already existed in the base installation of Stainless Steel (hotfix is available now)
    To be honest you did point it to us this summer, but I did a mistake in the previous fix... (Didn't update descr_transition_screen)

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Finally! I'll check that out now.
    Tell me if I need to change the window with warning of the CTDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    I'm not sure, but I believe it can happen if your next heir is underage (still a child)?
    Well no. Louis VII is the son of King Louis VI (the fat one) whose brother Philippe took over. Why is he not named as an heir on the family tree ?

I have a similar question with Hre: the Emperor does not have a designated heir either. It's normal ?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

HRE - the FL has no male child, which means a random named character (the one below him in descr_strat) will be the game's FH. Odds are high that the spouse of his daughter becomes the next FL (next male relative).

France - a properly designated under age heir will show in the family tree, I do however not know what happens when the FL dies before he comes of age. Might need some testing.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

In HRE case, there is actually a usurper from another bloodline waiting to take the throne in Basel i think. However , once i killed him , the legitiamte son of the Emperor was chosen as heir. On Empereors death however, the heir was seen as a regent and later usurped....i suppose because Emperor actually has a daughter that married the guy , he is not the Emperor's blood son.