Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Awesome images Lifth! We hope more images about the new patch, new units,features...
    Noted that these knights have axes for this i suppose that they will have the trait ''effective against armour'' no?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Not sure to get the right understanding. Do you mean "AP/Armour Piercing" by "effective against armour"?
    If yes, my answer is no because this type of axe was not AP against plate armour (partial or full).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Not sure to get the right understanding. Do you mean "AP/Armour Piercing" by "effective against armour"?
    If yes, my answer is no because this type of axe was not AP against plate armour (partial or full).
    yes, it was my question. I didnt know that there were different types of axes for put the AP attribute...
    I suppose that maybe for teutonic and templars also are the same models?
    And about military orders, st lazarus order is only recruitable for jerusalem faction?
    Finally you will implemented the orders sergeants for all orders? And other thing, you saied some previous post about HRE would have some teutonic roster and maybe make a teutonic event for the baltic crusade, in my opinion is a good idea for the next patch
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

For AP attribute, you would need an axe with a peak on the oposite side of the blade. Something like this (note that this is not an accurate one - this is just to illustrate my meaning):

However, I haven't found (but haven't looked especially for it as well) any evidence of such axe type in one handed type.

It won't be exactly the same models for ohter religious orders. For example, Hospitallers will use swords. MWY has implemented some other orders but I haven't checked all of them yet. The St. Lazarus knights will be recruitable only by the Crusader States.

Order Sergents aren't implemented for all orders because again, we need to "clean" the EDU first to get free slots. Regarding TO, it won't be for the next release.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Roger Lifth, so you can use my remove list for have a ''model list'' for begin to remove or replace units that not use in sship...
    And again with you and MWY can, upload more images about new path, is good know and see these new images , feed sship zombies!! (+rep for your work and report news about new patch)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Great units Lifth, looking forward to playing them I hope they can be added to more factions!

Would a kind soul show me a list of good traits for governors (specially for increasing pop growth) and how to get them? Or link me to one.

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Hi, SSHIP is a great mod so many thanks for all of the great work.

Just one question if someone would be kind enough to help me.

Have played a lot of Stainless Steel as England my fav unit is the Longbow units.

I assume there is an event around 1200 about England and archers which then allows you to recruit them in Castles in England.

To get them earlier in the early era campaign do I just edit the descr_events file, labeled as ENGLISH_ARCHERS & just change the year that allows them?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Markmilan View Post
    Hi, SSHIP is a great mod so many thanks for all of the great work.

Just one question if someone would be kind enough to help me.

Have played a lot of Stainless Steel as England my fav unit is the Longbow units.

I assume there is an event around 1200 about England and archers which then allows you to recruit them in Castles in England.

To get them earlier in the early era campaign do I just edit the descr_events file, labeled as ENGLISH_ARCHERS & just change the year that allows them?

Thanks!
    Partly, yeah.
    Yeomen Archers require the English Archers event.
    Longbowmen require the Transitional armours event.

Be aware that several other units are also tied to these events.

Another option could be to edit the Export_descr_buildings.txt, and remove the event requirement, or change it to an earlier event.

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Thanks PerXX

Blog Entries

Just about voices in SSHIP, who will be interested to get this mod included in SSHIP?

I'm just curious. As pointed by MWY, not everybody might be interested by this. If there's enough people interested, I can see how to implement it in SSHIP (as an extra feature to let people decide if they want to use it or not). If not, I won't waste time on it.

Thanks in advance for your feedback guys.

Pro:
    * Native languages for factions are cool! Definitely adds to immersion.

Con:
    * There's only native languages for a few factions.
    * Using a "native" language for a faction that doesn't actually speak that language would suck! (I.e the Polish speaking German)

Discussion: I wouldn't want factions to be using the wrong native languages. Having some factions using native language and others use the native SI languages would probably be more immersive breaking than just using the default languages.
    Personally, I'd refrain from adding the native languages, though if the mod ever get updated to, at least the majority of factions, then it should be added.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your feedback PerXX.

My idea is to add these languages only for the factions who actually speak them and leave the others with the original game ones.
    For example, I wouldn't replace the voices for Norway or Denmark as they don't speak German. Same for ERE who doesn't speak Italian.

On the other hand, that's true that only about a dozen of factions would be concerned. That's why I'm asking: does it worth it?

It is a good idea Lifth, my vote is for this language mod! As perxx said, this suppport for inmersion mod
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I'd say it would be worth adding it to the mod in the future, but maybe only as an optional addition.
    Edit: Pardon me if I'm bothering you, but will there be any plans to add 2tpy, 4tpy, etc. to this mod in the possible future?
    Last edited by TheCataphract; August 22, 2016 at 08:36 AM.

Blog Entries

We currently use 2 TPY. It's not planned to add 4 TPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    We currently use 2 TPY. It's not planned to add 4 TPY.
    Ah thanks for the clarification Lifth.

Novgorodian Nark's Avatar Foederatus

the Native languages mod is definitely a must have, hope it can be added as an optional.

Also, do you think you can add Handgunners to rus/novgorod, but give them bardiches, as they were known to use them as supports for their guns,

The idea for it is use the bardiche in the left hand the same way that the West european handgunners are holding the shields in front of them while firing.
    here are some pictures of the way it looks,

http://bibliotekar.ru/poligon/mush/3.files/image001.jpg
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-u...2/strzelec.png

it should be fairly easy to make, just replace the shield with a bardiche, and use a russian model for the gunners, also add bardiches as their melee weapon (obviously).

here is some information on how this unit could be: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streltsy

Blog Entries

I'll see what I can do but don't promise anything

This is actualy not bad at all. Regarding ERE, maybe give it greek voices from Europa Barbarorum ?