Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infantry as cavalry on stratmap

Default Infantry as cavalry on stratmap

Hi all
    Is there any possible to make infatry unit as cavalry on the stratmap? I made dragoons units and they must be an infantry unit on the battlemap but i want to make them as cavalry on the stratmap. I will be very grateful for help.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Infantry as cavalry on stratmap

You wold have to merge the mount model and the soldier model and make a brand new animation for it - long and tedious but possible.

That's not what I meant I only want to give for dragoons as many movement points as have a cavalry on the stratmap.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Maybe in the EDU?

Code:
    type             NE Bodyguard
    dictionary       NE_Bodyguard      ; General's Bodyguard
    category         cavalry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General
    Altought AI may use it as cavalry in battle.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Kiliç Alì
    Unfortunatly not. If i give them cavalry cathegory i get CTD befor starting the game.

Artifex

Maybe you can't have a cav unit with no mount? and what does log say?

Log says that dragoons have no horses

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by attyla View Post
    That's not what I meant I only want to give for dragoons as many movement points as have a cavalry on the stratmap.

Movement points on the strat map are per category (agents, ships etc) and set in descr_characters. You can set different multiplier for siege engines and cavalry via descr_campaign_db, eg cavalry only has a longer range then cavalry and infantry, and it gets more reduced when siege engines are in the army.

It is not possible to reduce the strat map movement points for individual units.

I don't want to increase movement points for specific unit. I only want to make unit as infantry unit on the battlefield nad as cavalry unit on the stratmap.
    I tried to give them cavalry category but the game needs mounst type. If i will give mount type, i get only infantry staying on the horses on the battlefield.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I don't want to increase movement points for specific unit.
    It is what you asked for:

I only want to give for dragoons as many movement points as have a cavalry on the stratmap.
    Perhaps you could explain in more detail what you want. What does "as cavalry unit on the stratmap" mean exactly? Stats? Picture?

Artifex

I got it that he wants that particular infantry unit to be considered cavalry class by the game (even if it has no mount, and that seems the problem) in strat_map movement_points calculations, since cav units can have a different number of points than infantry.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

...but only for one unit, so I thought that it amounted to the same thing. Now I see, thanks.

Hmm, setting it to cavalry would have other implications on the battlefield such as inability to climb ladders. What about other category types: non-combatant and handler? No idea what impact those have on battle behaviour or models but do they get their own movement settings?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    ...but only for one unit, so I thought that it amounted to the same thing. Now I see, thanks.

Hmm, setting it to cavalry would have other implications on the battlefield such as inability to climb ladders. What about other category types: non-combatant and handler? No idea what impact those have on battle behaviour or models but do they get their own movement settings?
    These are the only relevant settings from descr_campaign_db.xml:

<siege_movement_points_modifier float="x.xx"/>
    <cavalry_movement_points_modifier float="x.xx"/>

Infantry is the default modified by these. So basically it's a hardcoded no, as they don't get their own movement settings if they aren't siege or cav.
    Last edited by Taiji; April 30, 2014 at 05:56 AM.

So i just want to somehow cheat the game to recognise unit of dragoons (which is an infantry unit) as cavalry unit.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Maybe you should look at your problem from a different perspective and make infantry and cavalry have equal movement points = your unit will have as much movement points as cavalry on strat map and it will be infantry in battles. Done.

it's not done. Dragoons and cavalry had over ordinary infantry advantage of higher mobility in the operations scale. if I want to simulate in the game historical conditions, dragoons and cavalry must have more points of movements on the strategic map.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Hehe I know but if you cant do what you want you have to do what you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Movement points on the strat map are per category (agents, ships etc) and set in descr_characters. You can set different multiplier for siege engines and cavalry via descr_campaign_db, eg cavalry only has a longer range then cavalry and infantry, and it gets more reduced when siege engines are in the army.

It is not possible to reduce the strat map movement points for individual units.
    Let's say that dragons aren't to be cavalry but "mounted infantry". Is it even possible to add another type of unit (on top of cavalry and artilery) to the game and give it its own movement modifier via descr_campaign_db?
    Last edited by Wojniłłowicz; May 03, 2014 at 06:18 PM.

Artifex

I tried to add a line in descr_campaign_db.xml

handler_movement_points_modifier float="x.xx"

and it does not CTD, but I don't know how to make a handler unit so I can't test if it works or not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast