Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Make War Not Love - CA PROMO WEEKEND - 50% OFF Rome 2

Default Re: Make War Not Love - CA PROMO WEEKEND - 50% OFF Rome 2

What is even meant by "battle"? Multiplayer battle, campaign battle, campain itself, custom battle, historical battle...

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Swamidude View Post
    I hope Rome II doesn't win, because I don't want the ed up beehive DLC, if they give it for free I'll have to look for a mod to undo that nossens, because otherwise the AI can use it....
    If they give it for free it will be like the Nomadic faction pack, you don't have to get it, though the AI might.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    If they give it for free it will be like the Nomadic faction pack, you don't have to get it, though the AI might.
    He notes that in his post, he doesn't want it for free because then he might suddenly find his soldiers getting swarmed by killer bees and flying pots of snakes and scorpions. I don't want it for for free for this very reason myself.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What is even meant by "battle"? Multiplayer battle, campaign battle, campain itself, custom battle, historical battle...
    Each time that you register a victory in a battle during gameplay, this shall be automatically registered in the number of winning battles for that Game. The following rules apply for Battle Victories to be recorded:

Rome II: Only player resolved battles in campaign mode will register a victory (ie. no
    auto-resolve victories will be recorded as a Battle Victory).

COH 2: Any battles (all game modes) where a victory is registered shall record a
    Battle Victory, including where the player is victorious against a CPU opponent.

There is no limit to the number of battles that you can participate in during the Promotion
    Period. Each battle victory which satisfies the above criteria will be registered as a winning
    Battle Victory for that Game.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    He notes that in his post, he doesn't want it for free because then he might suddenly find his soldiers getting swarmed by killer bees and flying pots of snakes and scorpions. I don't want it for for free for this very reason myself.
    If it's for free and it works like the Nomadic factions you will have it for free, but not automatically (as far as I remember). The problem is that, regardless of whether it's free or not, with it will come an update, which will put the new units in the game, they will not be available to you unless you own the DLC, but I do not know if they will also be unavailable for the AI. That's all I'm trying to say. I'd also be annoyed by the AI making armies of Snake Pot Ballistae, as if its army composition wasn't barely reasonable already.

Its a trap.

CA: The video gaming Gods are watching you at all times, be aware.
    Last edited by stevehoos; February 13, 2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Make War Not Love

Quote Originally Posted by * Matolo Swazulu * View Post
    we, the players, are the participants...
    We the players lose either way.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    If it's for free and it works like the Nomadic factions you will have it for free, but not automatically (as far as I remember). The problem is that, regardless of whether it's free or not, with it will come an update, which will put the new units in the game, they will not be available to you unless you own the DLC, but I do not know if they will also be unavailable for the AI. That's all I'm trying to say. I'd also be annoyed by the AI making armies of Snake Pot Ballistae, as if its army composition wasn't barely reasonable already.
    Ah now I get ya.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Hahaha you just cant make this stuff up.....
    SEGA is the worst thing that has ever happened to the TW series.

In celebration of the contest however I will be playing neither.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzyk View Post
    Is Rome II worth picking up at $30? I've gotten my money's worth out of every TW title ever made, pretty much (Napoleon might be an exception, because it's the only one I've paid full retail for since Medieval 2), so the question is, can I expect to get 30 hours out of the game as it stands? I'm aware it's no EB or RS, but all I really want is some next-gen graphics Romans chucking pilums in a playable, and hopefully enjoyable, campaign mode.
    I would suggest try DEI (Divide et Impera) mod. It is still being develop (newest version is 0.75), but it already brings me 100 hours of fun (out off 135 I spend playing Rome 2).

Indefinitely Banned

May aswell give it a whirl chaps, without sounding like a flipflopper or suck up, CA may be overly proud in there design decision thinking, thinking they no best, but maybe, if we can help give erm a win, they will try and fix the game with enthusiasm if they do?, if not, nothing lost, nothing gained, since whatever there intentions may be, they haven't made them totally clear yet, due to there general lack of communication, but maybe we should give them benefit of the doubt, see were it takes us. Plus free DLC, is free DLC, although sill fairly pointless:/ since the AI hasn't a shot in hell at using it, But obviously need to earn this DLC unfortunately.

Don't shoot me down guys,
    Last edited by AgentGB; February 13, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Campidoctor

So I can choose between playing these games or making love?

I hope I am not insulting anybody by saying that it should be a ridiculously easy choice.

But I suppose some of the forum members are not old enough yet to be able to choose.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tullaris View Post
    Two franchises ruined by Sega battle it out against each other.
    I cant agree with you,COH2 could have some balance problems and the lack of old game lobby annoys me,but it is a fantastic game,I must play at least one online battle a day at least,is like heroin,I'm addicted to that game,there is no possible comparison with the Rome2 fiasco,not even close.Is simple the best game I play in the moment and I advise you people to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Hahaha you just cant make this stuff up.....
    SEGA is the worst thing that has ever happened to the TW series.

In celebration of the contest however I will be playing neither.
    LOL, yep me too!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

Kinda real annoying that Caesar in Gaul isnt on sale. I may have actually gotten it for £5. Looks decent enough at that price. Plus it is Rome so Caesar in Gaul is something I'd want to have.
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

Tiro

Since there is no price listed for BOW DLC, perhaps this will be the free DLC if Rome 2 wins. Im off sunday morning from my workweek and will participate gathering as many victories i can!

Quote Originally Posted by TomR199 View Post
    Since there is no price listed for BOW DLC, perhaps this will be the free DLC if Rome 2 wins. Im off sunday morning from my workweek and will participate gathering as many victories i can!
    Someone from CA already stated on the official forum that BoW will be the one released for free.

Any campaign battle win counts, as long as it's fought manually. The quickest way to win battles is to attack an outmatched rebel army, set the speed to x3 and just charge with everything