Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

Default Re: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

Thanks for this Meloo.
    I have updated the OP to show current version number.

As Meloo has indicated he won't be doing any more on this, I can add any further fixes to the OP.
    Note : I'll just be collecting them as a simple data folder which you drop into the SS6.3 folder to replace existing files.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Putz View Post
    Hey Melooo - good work,
    downloaded and compared with the old files - because of possible translation work and that small submod im working on. In the early campaign_script i saw:

Code:
        if I_IsFactionAIControlled mongols
        and I_EventCounter mongols_invasion > 0
        and I_FactionLeaderAttribute teutonic_order Command < 999
        and I_NumberOfHeirs mongols < 4
        and I_CompareCounter heir_mongols < 3
    Donīt know if the teutonic_order thing will cause issues...
    yeah that's indeed a mistake, should be and I_FactionLeaderAttribute mongols Command < 999

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

Almost forgot - thereīs still the monitor missing around the seljuk first turn AI reinforcements early and late if the player is byzantium. It starts with the "if". Have already changed it in my script - saw it while doing the great peoples ancillaries now.
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Donīt forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

RockīnīRoll!

I'm playing as Norway with SS6.4 with bugfix 1.27 compilation.
    (Well it says 1.27 on the splash screen )

Early days but no CTDs yet
    (Damn those Scots - they turn up unannounced with a huge army outside my only town.
    I wouldn't mind but the English are defeating them in Scotland.)

@Meloo what do you want to do about any errors people spot - release hotfixes ?

Almost forgot - thereīs still the monitor missing around the seljuk first turn AI reinforcements early and late if the player is byzantium. It starts with the "if".
    There is no monitor, but it's not missing
    saw it while doing the great peoples ancillaries now.
    They are in descr_events

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    @Meloo what do you want to do about any errors people spot - release hotfixes ?
    i suppose some addendums/hotfixes will do fine, i'll put the links in post #13
    eventually i'll re-release 1.27 bugfree.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsthoed View Post
    saw it while doing the great peoples ancillaries now.
    They are in descr_events
    yup, works much better like that.

Congatulations Melooo182 for the release of version 1.27. One bug report, in early campaign:
    Code:
    18:05:25.187 [script.err] [error] Script Error in ../../GAMES/Stainless Steel 6.4/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 5807, column 107
     you have chosen an invalid tile(338, 107) for Bertrand de_Toulouse (jerusalem)
    In 338,107 is the tile north of Antioch and it is not a valid "foot" one.

About "Historical Crusader States Script pt2": When these generals are off_map, they can still die from old age. When they are dead and they come back though script, they do appear on map and with dead portrait. I did also a test in which "Raymond de_Toulouse" was starting at age 90 instead of 58. When we came back, he remained "ressurected" for one turn and next turn he died "by natural causes".

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

Have seen that with the events - good idea. Didnīt know that the counter is set to 0 again if an event is fired the second time. At least i guess it works that way.

With the monitor - i meant this one:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;-No Heir Reinforcement

;-------- Seljuk Reinforcement if Player is Byzantium
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled byzantium
    and I_IsFactionAIControlled turks
        spawn_army 
            faction turks
            character    Kasim, general, age 28, x 293, y 135
            unit        ME Bodyguard        exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit        Turkish Archers        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit        ME Spear Militia        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit        Turkomans            exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
        end
        add_money turks 8000
    end_if

;---- Constantinople JIHAD garrison script
    declare_counter constantinople_siege_by_jihadists
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart IsJihadTarget

Thereīs an end monitor before and a start monitor after - so the monitor is not missing? How does it work? And if it works: would it be checked all the time?
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Donīt forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

RockīnīRoll!

Have seen that with the events - good idea. Didnīt know that the counter is set to 0 again if an event is fired the second time. At least i guess it works that way.
    At the second time, it is set to 2. As long as the corrsponding trigger(s) in EDA is "and I_EventCounter countername = 1", it works similar to when it was set to 0.

Thereīs an end monitor before and a start monitor after - so the monitor is not missing? How does it work? And if it works: would it be checked all the time?
    It is the same as declare_counter. It works only once, when the game still reads the CS and (if you don't block the CS at a point before the "if") before first PreFactionTurnStart. Just start a campaign, you'' ll see "Kasim" somewhere near Nicaea; remove this "if" and you'll see none.

@Fred: yeah it works, its only checked once, when the condition is true at the campaign starts and never more

BTW updated DL links with hotfixed version
    so both errors pointed by Fred and gsthoed are fixed

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

Are campaign_script and descr_strat the only files that are changed in the hotfix?
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

New bug, here is the log
    01:57:36.330 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    01:57:36.330 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    01:57:36.334 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    01:57:36.335 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    01:57:36.336 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    01:57:36.337 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    01:57:36.338 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    01:57:36.338 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    01:57:39.441 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 955, column 16
    Could'n find description string for trait(Royal_Blood_Jerusalem) level(Royal_Blood_Jerusalem_2_desc).
    02:26:34.696 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Also i started a new early campaign with the danes , only this bug fix compilation i am using, i want to ask how we can use 2 turns a year instead of 1/1.

Also about bug fixing:
    1) Condition HasAncType can only be used in export_descr_ancillaries.txt. There are many traits that have this as condition.
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; April 20, 2015 at 06:45 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

@b0gia - if you install the bigix properly it should give you the 2TPY option in the option screen.

@Meloo - the Dublin garrison needs to moved to x31, y233 as that is where Dublin is now.
    The Galway garrison needs to be deleted and replaced by a clone of the Dublin one, so that it also has Irish units in there.

Long time since I modded this but Inquisitors in 1100 ?
    Inquisitions didn't start properly until much later in the 12th century.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    New bug, here is the log

Also i started a new early campaign with the danes , only this bug fix compilation i am using, i want to ask how we can use 2 turns a year instead of 1/1.

Also about bug fixing:
    1) Condition HasAncType can only be used in export_descr_ancillaries.txt. There are many traits that have this as condition.
    For the bug you're getting, try reinstalling the bugfix, make sure to follow the instructions in the readme or post#13 of this thread.
    as such description is in the export_vnvs.txt of both campaigns

HasAncType, seems to work just fine in the traits, never had issues with it...in fact i use it extensively in Titanium and no probs there.

Thanks for the imput anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    @Meloo - the Dublin garrison needs to moved to x31, y233 as that is where Dublin is now.
    The Galway garrison needs to be deleted and replaced by a clone of the Dublin one, so that it also has Irish units in there.

Long time since I modded this but Inquisitors in 1100 ?
    Inquisitions didn't start properly until much later in the 12th century.
    Ok will do, is this for both campaigns?
    About Inquisitors, not sure if that's a bug...but i'll take your suggestion for Titanium which is more concerned about historical accuracy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisi...cal_background

No idea about the late campaign - never play it

New bug during a battle
    17:52:49.572 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:52:49.576 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    17:52:49.611 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:52:49.626 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:52:49.645 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:52:49.666 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:52:49.685 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:52:49.698 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12587, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent unit
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12588, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12589, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12590, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12591, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12592, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12593, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12594, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12606, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.056 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12607, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12608, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12609, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12610, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12611, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12612, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12613, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12614, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12615, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12616, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    18:53:03.057 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12618, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit12'.
    18:53:03.058 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12618, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit13'.
    18:53:03.058 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12618, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit14'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit15'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit16'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit17'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit18'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit19'.
    18:53:03.058 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12619, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit28'.
    18:53:03.058 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12619, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit29'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit30'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit31'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit32'.
    18:53:03.059 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12619, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit33'.
    18:53:03.059 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12619, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit34'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit35'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit36'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit37'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit38'.
    18:54:13.675 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

thanks for reporting

however would you mind adding some spoiler tags to the log quote
    and also provide additional info like which submods you were using etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    thanks for reporting

however would you mind adding some spoiler tags to the log quote
    and also provide additional info like which submods you were using etc?
    Well you have right, i fought an ordinary battle and this happened. I am using only your compilation. I think it is a rare bug with Germanicu5 BAI.

Thank you for your work, Melooo182!
    I've been waiting for this.
    I do not quite understand about the BAI 5.07... In 1.27 included some part of it?