Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Molossian Dogs - An Epirus AAR

Default Re: The Molossian Dogs - An Epirus AAR

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Great AAR and great screenshots.

Could you please tell me your graphics settings and mods ( I see you have Ancient Colours) Or are you with Vanailla?

thankyou
    thank you First page and first post sir

Chapter 24

At dawn on the next day I had the ballistas move close to the walls and began the bombardment of them. My crews seem to know what to do so I trusted them and just monitored their progress. Meanwhile I had the scorpions scour the walls of any defenders foolish enough to try anything from the walls.

Sometime around the middle of the morning one of the sections began to make a loud popping noise and then after a series of loud cracks came crashing down. It was a fantastic sight and the men were clearly pleased. Soon more of the wall came down and with a great roar it was over.

Horns blared and the men moved forward. As the defenders recovered their wits the scorpions again began to pound the men that peeked over the ramparts. Soon our brave hoplites and soon followed by the pike men stormed through the gaps and the choking dust. My view was obscured by my ears told the story of a great clash of men from inside the city.

The fighting raged and sometime around noon the cavalry went flying in. It wasn’t as glorious since many of the horses and their riders had perished in our march.
    The men inside defending the city put up a tremendous fight. Our first wave was essentially undone because they did not have enough men to finish the job. Our pikemen and cavalry had to finish the job.

The blazing hot sun of the afternoon burned its way across the sky and our men had finally carried the day. The toll had been great and the men were utterly spent. Many were too exhausted to even loot the town however most of the residents had escaped out a rear gate and left us with a decent amount of food and water.
    I had never seen an army so depressed after such a great battle. Our victory and the loss of men through the desert had whittled us down to a skeleton of what we were. Claiming this distant desert stronghold had not emboldened the men.

I attended the staff meetings just like I had and even the officers seemed sullen about everything. Davos was no fool and realized that staying here would not be a good idea. However with the blazing sun we would be stuck here till the cooler winds of autumn began to blow.

It was late in the summer when our hopes of leaving would be dashed. Although we were victims of this cruel land, the people that lived here seemed to care less about the scorching sun. It was just after the hottest month when we learned a large relief force had been organized and was heading our way. The groans of the men could almost be heard before the news was spread around our camp in the city. Worse yet we would not be able to leave.

The 1st army of Epirus, the proud fighters of Pyrrhus the Great , would be fighting for its very survival.

I am unable to get Radious mod working with patch 9 so I am trying to see if it works with 8.1. This is frustrating and I hope my saves still work

Update: Even with trying several times I cannot get Radious mod to work. I can get vanilla going but my saves wont load. So I am in a bad situations here. Maybe when CA decides to stop patching I should start another AAR. This really sucks because I was having fun with this.

Well, that's rather unfortunate.

So, that pretty much means that your saves are basically useless?

Is it possible to do a fresh install of Rome 2, patch to 8.1 and then add in Radious and other mods or are the saves effectively useless?

wow that sucks. This AAR was amazing. I have not read any before Rome 2 and this was my favorite. My play style is very different from yours,as far as immersion. I just play the game not caring about backstory or anything. Seeing how others play the game is always interesting.

I will be looking forward to your next story.

Quote Originally Posted by sbroadbent View Post
    Well, that's rather unfortunate.

So, that pretty much means that your saves are basically useless?

Is it possible to do a fresh install of Rome 2, patch to 8.1 and then add in Radious and other mods or are the saves effectively useless?
    I tried and that did not work. Trust me i spent several hours trying to get this thing going. I will have another AAr don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by Khan1281 View Post
    wow that sucks. This AAR was amazing. I have not read any before Rome 2 and this was my favorite. My play style is very different from yours,as far as immersion. I just play the game not caring about backstory or anything. Seeing how others play the game is always interesting.

I will be looking forward to your next story.
    Thank you very much that means alot. I will be back with another story for sure

magraev's Avatar Biarchus

Thank you for this AAR - Maybe I'll have to buy this trainwreck of a game after all (when they put out a gold edition that is).

Back to playing RSII for now ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by magraev View Post
    Thank you for this AAR - Maybe I'll have to buy this trainwreck of a game after all (when they put out a gold edition that is).

Back to playing RSII for now ;-)
    You are welcome. I did get it working again but cannot resurrect my saves from the AAR. Gonna have to start a new one

Barune's Avatar Miles

Aw such a cliffhanger ending. Eagerly awaiting your next venture into AARdom.

Although you won't be able to continue this AAR, I'd recommend submitting this one to MAARC XLVIII which is open to AAR's that have had updates in January, February or March.

There's currently 4 AAR's that have been submitted and the submission period is open until the end of March.

EDIT: Somehow, although I don't know why, that last message got double-posted...

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

I agree with sbroadbent! Go ahead and submit this AAR to the MAARC. What have you got lose
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

OK haha I will submit it. Oh as soon as Radious does his update on his mod after this patch I will be starting a new AAR. It will be a bit different than previous AARs but I hope you guys will like it .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123