Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Tech] Divide et Impera - Installation instructions and Compatibility

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Mods/Sub-mods included in (and compatible with) Divide et Impera

Question regarding re-skins. I guess re-skins isnt compatible for this mod? How would i proceed if i wanted to , lets say, change the skin of the Spartan faction? Is it complicated or is there a easy way of doing this?

I think it's time for the submod forum, by now there's much more then 5 submods for DeI. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    Question regarding re-skins. I guess re-skins isnt compatible for this mod? How would i proceed if i wanted to , lets say, change the skin of the Spartan faction? Is it complicated or is there a easy way of doing this?
    It won't crash your game, but if you want to overwrite DeI's skins, you'll need to place chosen re-skin mod higher in load order, simply by adding an 'a_' to it's name, thus mod 'Sparta_awesome_look' would be named 'a_Sparta_awesome_look'. This'll be enough for the mod to be higher in load order.
    Last edited by Go0lden_Archer; December 31, 2013 at 02:59 AM.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post
    I think it's time for the submod forum, by now there's much more then 5 submods for DeI. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    It won't crash your game, but if you want to overwrite DeI's skins, you'll need to place chosen re-skin mod higher in load order, simply by adding an 'a_' to it's name, thus mod 'Sparta_awesome_look' would be named 'a_Sparta_awesome_look'. This'll be enough for the mod to be higher in load order.
    aha. i did not know that. Thanks!

Sorry guys for what may be a silly question

on top of this thread it says : All mods that change campaign dynamics are not compatible.
    i have a problem in dei with ai starving (rome)
    can i use "4 times food,grain & fish" or it is in conflict with dei? many thanks for your replies!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by loukylouk View Post
    So I came across this mod called Realistic Roman Army by Patricius Darwinius Virtus that requires DEI to play which is great. I think this guy should definitely be a part of your team. I only played briefly just to check it out but what I saw looked great. My only issue with it was it wasn't using the larger unit numbers (240) that DEI is using now which I do like, and some of the unit abilities seem to be out of line with what you guys are doing. It would be great if his work could be somehow incorporated in DEI like a few other great mods have. But like I was saying, if you don't know about this guy you should check his work out. Its really impressive.

Thanks for you time guys. keep up the amazing work.
    Second time I see someone recommend my mod. Thanks!
    I formally request RRA to be added to this list

Quote Originally Posted by michaelpap View Post
    Sorry guys for what may be a silly question

on top of this thread it says : All mods that change campaign dynamics are not compatible.
    i have a problem in dei with ai starving (rome)
    can i use "4 times food,grain & fish" or it is in conflict with dei? many thanks for your replies!
    I use that mod and don't have any problems.....

Mikedb37 - you have installed 8.1?
    and you don't see any roman armies starving?

please advise as this is crucial!

Quote Originally Posted by loukylouk View Post
    So I came across this mod called Realistic Roman Army by Patricius Darwinius Virtus that requires DEI to play which is great. I think this guy should definitely be a part of your team. I only played briefly just to check it out but what I saw looked great. My only issue with it was it wasn't using the larger unit numbers (240) that DEI is using now which I do like, and some of the unit abilities seem to be out of line with what you guys are doing. It would be great if his work could be somehow incorporated in DEI like a few other great mods have. But like I was saying, if you don't know about this guy you should check his work out. Its really impressive.

Thanks for you time guys. keep up the amazing work.
    As much as I loathe steam, and especially the steam workshop. I did subscribe and am going to test it myself right now because it looked very promising. I don't think the numbers not being 240 are a problem at all. He matched the numbers for troops with their historical numbers. Personally I think that is possibly one of the best ways to add even more differences between factions, using historical troop counts. I'm really excited to be going in with an actual century of units, not a mass of 240 units for all melee types.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    As much as I loathe steam, and especially the steam workshop. I did subscribe and am going to test it myself right now because it looked very promising. I don't think the numbers not being 240 are a problem at all. He matched the numbers for troops with their historical numbers. Personally I think that is possibly one of the best ways to add even more differences between factions, using historical troop counts. I'm really excited to be going in with an actual century of units, not a mass of 240 units for all melee types.
    You may be right sir. You know what? I'll go back and give it another shot without adjusting the unit sizes. I'll see how I like it.

I'm using KLA:s celtic and hellenic reskin and it works just find so long as I load it before DeI, so you should have no problems with other reskins if I'm not mistaken.

for nomadic factions this allows you to train the vanilla units Steppe Spearmen, Young Axe, Steppe Archers and enables them for all nomad factions, compatible with DEI
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=188764014

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Their stats will not be balanced with DeI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    i forgot one of the units is stat modded but the rest of them are vanilla which I though the DEL team balanced besides that all this mod does is make them available where they should be

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    As long as all it does is enable their recruit, their stats should be properly in line with DeI, right?

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by tomFoolery View Post
    As long as all it does is enable their recruit, their stats should be properly in line with DeI, right?
    No. The DeI team had individually tweaked all the stats for every unit. If you want to use other ones but have them balanced you'd have to tweak their stats yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Black9 View Post
    No. The DeI team had individually tweaked all the stats for every unit. If you want to use other ones but have them balanced you'd have to tweak their stats yourself.
    now I'm confused I checked the unit stats for the Steppe foot units and they have been changed from vanilla to DeI stats maybe u mean the units are not intended to be used in the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Black9 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. If I understand it right, the mod in question doesn't add new units to the nomadic factions, it only enables recruitment of their infantry units (where as in vanilla they are only garrison units). These aren't actually "news units", just tweaking the recruitment of existing ones. So, as long as it only does that, as opposed creating new units (and new entries in the tables), no stats should be out of line with DeI, right? Unless there's some kind of conflict with tables overwriting each other in an undesired way.

Units stats should be fine, as it's vanilla units and not new ones, thus already balanced.

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by tomFoolery View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. If I understand it right, the mod in question doesn't add new units to the nomadic factions, it only enables recruitment of their infantry units (where as in vanilla they are only garrison units). These aren't actually "news units", just tweaking the recruitment of existing ones. So, as long as it only does that, as opposed creating new units (and new entries in the tables), no stats should be out of line with DeI, right? Unless there's some kind of conflict with tables overwriting each other in an undesired way.
    Oh, I apologize I didn't know that's what it was doing. I'd say yes, then.

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Installation instructions

Excuse me, but i have rome 2 v1.7 and i just downloaded your newest version and followed the instructions to the letter, but it just crashes at the title screen, not even making it to the intro film. i have mod manager v 1.3 and checked the mod in the box, would appreciate if someone here could help me.

Thanks in Advance.