Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond201 View Post
    Sorry if i post this at wrong place.
    I'm new member.
    Anyone tell me how to remove the trait on a general?
    I want to remove "deep pocket " from Elrond with some code like add_trait or remove_trait but it did not work.
    For this particular trait, the cheat is (without quotation marks):
    "remove_trait Elrond embezzler"

Embezzler is the 'root' of the trait deep_pockets. Deep_pockets is the first in that line.
    To add the trait deep_pockets to Elrond, you type:
    "give_trait Elrond embezzler 1"
    For the next level (fraudulent), 1 would be 2, like:
    "give_trait Elrond embezzler 2"
    If you want to remove the trait, this is not necessary.

All trait names (and 'roots') are in your export_descr_character_traits file in your data folder.

And yes, you did ask this in the wrong place, welcome to TWC
    Last edited by Greymane; June 16, 2014 at 06:46 AM. Reason: English...

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    It's better now. I've seen Gondor take Morgul and Cirith Ungol once when all Mordor buff scripts were disabled.
    That was just once and Rohan is still having a pretty hard time though.
    I suppose it's better in dIRECTOR'S Cut (but I haven't played as anything but Rohan there, so I might be wrong), so you might want to look for his thread in the submod forum.
    What I do know, is that stack spam has been reduced a little in 1.6.2., so at least it's a little better.
    Excellent. So dIRECTOR's Cut along with disabling the majority of the Mordor scripts is ideal then I'm guessing.

In TA:TW/MOS I vaguely recall something like needing to click on the advisor to re-activate scripts when reloading games. Is that still a thing and in addition, how do I go about doing this when I have the advisor turned off (tried changing it in the menu but it did nothing).

The reason I ask is because the garrison script (and presumably many others I'm not aware of) seem to not be working.

Civis

Oh ok thats good news!
    So when Mike Golf and Jox are done their submod it will be added to MOS, or will it wait until stylix makes a return, because i remember he was busy with some IRL stuff?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Oh ok thats good news!
    So when Mike Golf and Jox are done their submod it will be added to MOS, or will it wait until stylix makes a return, because i remember he was busy with some IRL stuff?
    You don't have to wait for stylix, you can simply install the RK submod on top of your MOS install.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Sry I have only one question remaining and where Can I ask this questions of this kind on TWC

If I play the free people of Eridor and on the start of the Campaign it ask if I want to form Arnor if I write that correct and I decline that can I form it Later in the campaign????

but thanks for the Help that you already have done Greymane or anny other that Answer this!

If you want to ask questions about vanilla TATW http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Answer-Thread
    If you want to ask question about modifications you can ask in the thread dedicated to each mod.
    Also if you choose to reform arnor .Eriador will change to arnor from the begining .If you choose no you will have to fulfill certain conditions in order to play as arnor ( if eriador is controlled by ai it will automatically change at around turn 100) I am not completely sure about the turn number
    Last edited by polymorphic; June 17, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler123 View Post
    Sry I have only one question remaining and where Can I ask this questions of this kind on TWC

If I play the free people of Eridor and on the start of the Campaign it ask if I want to form Arnor if I write that correct and I decline that can I form it Later in the campaign????

but thanks for the Help that you already have done Greymane or anny other that Answer this!
    YES WE CAN!

Always wanted to use that phrase once.

In the Third_Age_3 folder there is a MOS_readme.txt file. It's meant to be read and if you do so you will find a lot of info about the game.
    Nearly at the bottom of this text for instance, you can read this:

- Arnor reunification
    If starting with Arnor is not selected, Eriador can become Arnor by acquiring settlements, building the Hall of Kings building in Annúminas and forging an alliance with Gondor. By hovering the mouse pointer over the Elendilmir ancillary possessed by Aragorn, the requirements for the reunification can be seen. The settlements required are: Hobbiton, Michel Delving, Sackville, Deephallow, Bucklebury, Tuckborough, Bree, Archet, Mengalen, Amon Sûl, Annúminas, Fornost Erain, Athilin, North Tharbad, Metraith, Fennas Drúnin, Barketta, Iach Sarn, Morva Tarth, Cameth Brin, Celoniach, Argond and Nochva Rhaglaw.
    For the AI, beginning on turn 90 there is a 10% chance each turn that Arnor will be reunified as long as Annúminas is still controlled.
    To complete the transformation to Arnor, save the game, exit and run the FAR.bat file in the mod root folder, normally 'Third_Age_3'. This will change the descriptions of all settlements, watch towers, etc. to reflect ownership by Arnor. All messages will also refer to Arnor instead of FPoE. This bat file must be run again to reset the values to FPoE.

MOS_readme.txt
    by the Mighty Polymorphic Ranger.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 17, 2014 at 01:30 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by polymorphic View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    oh good God, this is priceless .. eh daddy?
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    oh good God, this is priceless .. eh daddy?
    Yes, I already had repped him for being faster than "the old guy" and this is my thanks.

Not old but increasing in value
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 17, 2014 at 07:07 PM.

I have a problem and i have looked all over the internet and the forums but i have found no real answer what so ever. 2 separate campaign saves have crashed when I end my turn. Once with HE on turn 160 and another time with lothlorein on turn 58. I can not advance to another turn and nothing seems to be working. I would really appreciate some help. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepedro View Post
    I have a problem and i have looked all over the internet and the forums but i have found no real answer what so ever. 2 separate campaign saves have crashed when I end my turn. Once with HE on turn 160 and another time with lothlorein on turn 58. I can not advance to another turn and nothing seems to be working. I would really appreciate some help. thank you.
    Can you give more informations.Uploading your saves or your log might be helpful.

Well my HE saved game up and vanished some how, I still have my Lorein save. Once I click on the end turn button, it goes through 2-3 factions turns and than CTD on the dwarves turn. Every time its always them, also for some reason my save game would aromatically change it options for (manage all cities) and (follow AI movements) to the default option all on its own. I can play custom battles with no crashes, and I am also able to start a new campaign and play each turn fine although I not know for how long. During the end turn the game will CTD when the dwarves conquer Carn Dum and and ass a ressault eliminate the orcs of Gundabad. At the exact moment the dwarven army raises its flag to enter the city it crashes with the unknown error message. I think it has something to do with the city or with the faction being destroyed. (they would be the first faction to be eliminated.)

don't want to sound like a moron, im playing as eriador MOS 1.6.2, just managed to reforge arnor but the full reemergence mod hasnt kicked in. any idea why?

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I believe you have to save, quit and run the script in the mod folder. Don't quote me on it though.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

you was correct young sir, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by littlepedro View Post
    Well my HE saved game up and vanished some how, I still have my Lorein save. Once I click on the end turn button, it goes through 2-3 factions turns and than CTD on the dwarves turn. Every time its always them, also for some reason my save game would aromatically change it options for (manage all cities) and (follow AI movements) to the default option all on its own. I can play custom battles with no crashes, and I am also able to start a new campaign and play each turn fine although I not know for how long. During the end turn the game will CTD when the dwarves conquer Carn Dum and and ass a ressault eliminate the orcs of Gundabad. At the exact moment the dwarven army raises its flag to enter the city it crashes with the unknown error message. I think it has something to do with the city or with the faction being destroyed. (they would be the first faction to be eliminated.)
    Hello littlepedro i have found this thread http://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j&...69411363,d.bGQ
    I am not an expert so i suggest you before doing anything try to contact with elvenkind(he is a very nice and helpful guy)
    Last edited by polymorphic; June 19, 2014 at 08:51 AM.

Hi, I'm playing as Rhun and I have numerous settlements of varying sizes that have reached the sufficient population required to be upgraded, but none of them give me the option to do so. Why?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by looloolooloo View Post
    Hi, I'm playing as Rhun and I have numerous settlements of varying sizes that have reached the sufficient population required to be upgraded, but none of them give me the option to do so. Why?
    Because you did not download the bugfixes. They are in the signature of Stylix and might even be in the OP by now.
    There are three bugfixes and instructions are also in Stylix' sig.
    Remember to run the cleaner afterwards (in the Third_Age folder).

Edit: had a look, the bugfixes are in the OP, but the install instructions are not.
    Stylix has a post on page 2 of this thread
    Last edited by Greymane; June 19, 2014 at 06:59 PM.