Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8, 9

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 7

Compatible with what? Please ask DeI if interested, thanks. I need their approval to be respectful of their work

Most of the campaign changes should be compatible with DeI.

I am not the team leader so I can't give permission one way or the other, but users should be able to use your campaign AI mods with DeI currently.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Can you please make a version of the mod with low recruitment with high agresiveness for patch 4?

I just wanted to thank you for this mod.
    This mod really makes R2 challenging, I got my ass whooped 4 campaigns in a row as rome by multiple nations sammiching on me with full stacks.
    This new campaign I managed to get Sparta as ally by helping them vs Epirus, hopefully this won't end badly.

looks great

iam starting a new game to test this mod

i will be back after a while with the feedback

Thanks for the feedback! Feel free to give more! This thread and similar / related threads are entirely too dead and I feel like i'm wasting my time updating links / info... but less so now =o)

also
    GENERAL BUMPAGE!

UPDATED CHANGES / INFO and new links (Patch7_v1) with some tweaks like fixed Food issue with Patch 7 already applied to Steam and made Civil War need 1 more level of Fame for min in-case too early for some unforseen reason (I didn't touch it in the first place i swear!)

Really nice work. Just got a question, is it save game compatible? As I'm using radious mod and I was in turn 90.

it should be save compatible... i dont know about Radious' mod though either... were you using his AI up until this save you're talking about?

Hmmm, I have checked this out and there seem to be 3 conflicts with DEI but nothing that looks game breaking just cai personalities, cai budget allocations and campaign difficulty handicaps. I'm going to use this one in my new campaign to see what happens, fingers crossed as i cant not have DEI and I like the building and research priorities the AI has towards war in this one versus your barebones version.

I am not a modder, so please excuse the question but your files are movie files as opposed to mod files, is there a reason for that? Using the mod manager it means your files will always overwrite others if there are conflicts I believe and I know I would rather choose which mod overwrites another.

Thanks again for some great mods and i'm looking forward to seeing what the ai does with this one running!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    it should be save compatible... i dont know about Radious' mod though either... were you using his AI up until this save you're talking about?
    Yes i was using radious AI mod on that save. Also if I put the difficulty campaign on medium would that make the CAI more diplomatic?
    Last edited by 1in1class; December 02, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Medium difficulty means they'll hate you less but no diplo options in Campaign AI mod... use my Realpolitik Diplomacy Mod which is in TheDuBMod COMPLETE also... Easy Peacy Diplomacy Mod does JUST PEACE.... both are on this page:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...MPLETE-%28-%29

___

yeah atm I use movie .packs because Steam Workshop uses Mod Manager format and I figure everyone uses that anyways, so for a manual download, I figure I should offer an alternative (also movie packs are WAY MORE stable for some reason). The big problem with movie packs are what you say - and the fact they can't use table fragments which reduces conflict... :o/ if you don't have Steam (and therefore can't even download), PLEASE TELL ME (didn't think of that)

I've been playing around with this mod for awhile now. After quite a few experiments
    I got the "perfected setup".

I modded TheDuBMod Superior Campaign AI (Low Recruitment)

3 recruitment slots for human+ai
    AI experience +100
    Subsistence +2000
    Additional Research +50
    AI happiness +15
    AI Food +15
    Set campaign to "hard difficulty".

Also get rid of all the victory points/capture place thingy with a mod.

It's pretty amazing how well the AI plays, I can't believe it's the
    same game.

Some of the things that happen:

These HUGE empires start forming, mass consolidation starts
    happening all over the place.

Massive wars all over(a lot of boats cruising around lol).

Small single town faction become seriously tough. You gotta
    bring 3 armies to crack them and even then it might not happen.

Alliances become very important. Without them your probally
    gonna get hosed.

The AI becomes incredibly opportunistic, if it sees even a small weakness
    it won't hesitate to send you packing.

Also had some great fights with my allies trying to take over some cities.

I saw freschi(northern town) hold off me, my ally and some other guy who
    was just helping out. Just couldn't kill em lmao.

Great job on this mod btw, stopped me from trash canning this game

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real TOTAL WAR)

I am about to download this. I have not found much fun in Rome 2 since launch - the campaign AI has felt too passive to me, never declaring war or even if it did, never attacking me. This sounds like I'd have an actual war to fight. Many thanks Looking forward to giving it a go.

Bumping the best mod on the site.

I finally managed to get on the winning side!

It was mostly luck tho.
    First I managed to ally with Massalia early (who, for some reason, took a couple provinces in the north, effectively protecting me from there).
    Then I went on a serious campaign vs Macedons to help Athens and Rhodes, in order to make sure the eastern border of Italy would be allies and strong.
    In the while, I just started the usual carthaginian war, this time for some reasons Lybia didn't join Carthage till later so it was somewhat easier.
    Grabbed most of African provinces, then went into Spain and grabbed everything (they put up a HELL of a battle tho! I lost like 8 armies before succeeding).
    Then as a true Italian I backstabbed my loyal allies and conquered poor Massalia by destroying their 8 full stacks in 2 battles with superior power.

Now it seems the game has gotten a bit too easy tho.
    So I ask, what if I put an higher spawn version of DubMod in? Does it work on a savegame?

Quote Originally Posted by licht View Post
    AI experience +100
    Subsistence +2000
    Additional Research +50
    AI happiness +15
    AI Food +15
    How do you mod those factors if I may ask?
    And are you sure that no victory point mods don't break your game or make the AI more stupid?
    Last edited by Falconiano; December 12, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

Can I suggest you to work side by side with the DeI team? You could make real magic things together
    UPC project - Spanish assistant-translator - No longer

Iv look on steam workshop and seen that this mod was uptodate on Dec 9 and says that the mod "its a small world after all" is in your mod. Iv dl Superior Campaing AI Patch 7 off the dl link on front page and was seeing if its uptodate and the small world after all mod is in it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Draikz View Post
    Can I suggest you to work side by side with the DeI team? You could make real magic things together
    Blitzkrieg80 has helped out a lot with my CAI changes for DeI. He is very open to helping me anytime I ask. For DeI, I have incorporated a much more conservative version of his AI. It is still challenging, but allows for players who may not want an extreme experience.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Excuse me but how does one know whether or not the mod worked, do you need to start a new campaign, and is this compatible with other stratpos mods like hegemonia 2tpy? Thanks alot!

What is this thread doing onthe page's bottom? On the top it goes!

Sadly LowRecruitment succumbed to the power of Rome.
    Should I try Med or Low+hardcore? Hardcore thinghy seems more of an "everyone hates you, dang!" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    Excuse me but how does one know whether or not the mod worked, do you need to start a new campaign, and is this compatible with other stratpos mods like hegemonia 2tpy? Thanks alot!
    The mod doesn't change startpos.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Falconiano View Post
    What is this thread doing onthe page's bottom? On the top it goes!

Sadly LowRecruitment succumbed to the power of Rome.
    Should I try Med or Low+hardcore? Hardcore thinghy seems more of an "everyone hates you, dang!" kind of thing.

The mod doesn't change startpos.
    Well, yeah no...
    What about the 2TPY Hegemonia Compilation Version for this mod, how do you notice whether or not it activated, does it require a campaign restart? Thanks i advance!