Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Default Re: (UPDATED 09/28 - Complete Skill Tree Overhaul!l) Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies (TTT) - A Character Mod Overhaul

Excellent progress, Hellbent.

I had been considering this earlier--is there a way to rename some of the Attributes in Rome II? It may be pure nostalgia, but I prefer having Command/Influence/Management to five or six Attributes, some of which I still don't understand, and most of which seem redundant.

Your banner looked a little stretched.

Here's a screen-cap from that episode of Rome.
    Cropped.
    Cropped to the dimensions of your original banner with some fake columns to fill the gaps on the sides.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Default Re: (UPDATED 09/28 - Complete Skill Tree Overhaul!l) Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies (TTT) - A Character Mod Overhaul

Why don't you move Camp Administrator and Capable Bureaucrat to Authority?
    Last edited by NeonCrayon; September 29, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    Excellent progress, Hellbent.

I had been considering this earlier--is there a way to rename some of the Attributes in Rome II? It may be pure nostalgia, but I prefer having Command/Influence/Management to five or six Attributes, some of which I still don't understand, and most of which seem redundant.

Your banner looked a little stretched.

Here's a screen-cap from that episode of Rome.
    Cropped.
    Cropped to the dimensions of your original banner with some fake columns to fill the gaps on the sides.
    Hey thanks Pnutmaster. My limited skills with GIMP are showing.

I'll definitely use those banners.

As for the attribute names, I believe I've come across a db file somewhere which you can directly edit the names although I have not directly tested it yet nor do I currently remember where it is located currently. It's certainly something to keep in mind as an option for further delineating between attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCrayon View Post
    Why don't you move Camp Administrator and Capable Bureaucrat to Authority?
    It's a good suggestion, and is definitely easy enough to implement. I think at this point I'll wait for a few more days of feedback; if enough people feel the same way about the authority changes, then I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback!

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Default Re: (UPDATED 09/28 - Complete Skill Tree Overhaul!) TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul

Cheers for making this a much needed addition. Loaded yesterday, new campaign, 50 turns in and not one household card has dropped where my previous 50 turn campaign I had a whopping 36 cards parked. Now I like very much the lesser amount of cards but is zero normal? I do have one of the Roman Looney General fix mods, could that be the issue, he made quite a few changes to percentiles?

I noticed you were also looking at techs, please feel free to use my Tech and Build mod I put together if it will help save you time.
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ez...uild_2TPY.pack
    and one for the nut jobs like me that prefer 4TPY Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qt...uild_4TPY.pack
    They are pure multipliers, nothing fancy, 2 times, 4 times etc
    Cheers!

p.s. The life expectency of generals is pretty low so my two cents would be to make the initial card picks of more value ie. instead of +1 zeal lets say, slap on a percentile to moral or line of sight. Even in a 4TPY campaign I only managed to get to the second tier of cards before my faction general kicked the bucket. I personally would prefer only one pick per level but a real hooter of a pick to showcase my general's hard years of campaigning. I find CA's agents are homogenis, they all slice and dice and julienne fries the same. If you could restrict Spys to cunning, Warlords to zeal and Dignitaries to authority that would be a true tour de force for the game and make Generals the hybrid warrior/administator. Any how my feedback.
    Last edited by Champlain; October 01, 2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: I am an idiot thats why!

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Default Re: (UPDATED 09/28 - Complete Skill Tree Overhaul!) TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul

Love the idea - does it work with Radious mod though?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    It's a good suggestion, and is definitely easy enough to implement. I think at this point I'll wait for a few more days of feedback; if enough people feel the same way about the authority changes, then I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback!
    Just going to second this, that Authority could use a little more love. I guess it's fairly powerful as it is on the battlefield, but a little flavour couldn't hurt. Less useful bonuses or situational ones, like improved morale while being besieged or ambushed might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    Cheers for making this a much needed addition. Loaded yesterday, new campaign, 50 turns in and not one household card has dropped where my previous 50 turn campaign I had a whopping 36 cards parked. Now I like very much the lesser amount of cards but is zero normal? I do have one of the Roman Looney General fix mods, could that be the issue, he made quite a few changes to percentiles?

I noticed you were also looking at techs, please feel free to use my Tech and Build mod I put together if it will help save you time.
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ez...uild_2TPY.pack
    and one for the nut jobs like me that prefer 4TPY Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qt...uild_4TPY.pack
    They are pure multipliers, nothing fancy, 2 times, 4 times etc
    Cheers!

p.s. The life expectency of generals is pretty low so my two cents would be to make the initial card picks of more value ie. instead of +1 zeal lets say, slap on a percentile to moral or line of sight. Even in a 4TPY campaign I only managed to get to the second tier of cards before my faction general kicked the bucket. I personally would prefer only one pick per level but a real hooter of a pick to showcase my general's hard years of campaigning. I find CA's agents are homogenis, they all slice and dice and julienne fries the same. If you could restrict Spys to cunning, Warlords to zeal and Dignitaries to authority that would be a true tour de force for the game and make Generals the hybrid warrior/administator. Any how my feedback.
    Hi Champlain,

I'd love to take credit for the reduced ancillary spam, but honestly, I have not modified the triggers for them yet. It's a lot of work and I'm currently in the process of making sense of all the triggers before I dive in, so it might just have been a lucky coincidence. All I did so far for the ancillaries were to increase their modifiers (as in the positive effects that each give) to make them more noticeable.

Also, balancing is definitely an ongoing experiment with this mod (as with any). Just curious, with that faction general that you were talking about, around what level/rank was he when he died? And how many skill cards was he able to max out? Currently, the mod is set up so that a max rank general can theoretically max 6 skill cards but this is open to balancing.

And thank you for offering your own mod! I'll definitely take a look at it for the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordocai View Post
    Love the idea - does it work with Radious mod though?
    Hi Mordocai,

I have not personally tested this with Radious's mods (if anyone who did can chime in, that'd be great), but I don't think he modifies anything that has to do with traits/skills/ancillaries, so it should be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by jfood View Post
    Just going to second this, that Authority could use a little more love. I guess it's fairly powerful as it is on the battlefield, but a little flavour couldn't hurt. Less useful bonuses or situational ones, like improved morale while being besieged or ambushed might work.
    Hi jfood,

Ok, I think there's a general consensus building towards this idea. So for the next update, I'll see what I can do to spice up authority a bit. Thanks for the feedback!

Also, I'd just like to reiterate that I aim to make TTT very feedback-driven. So I'd really love to hear your guys' thoughts on everything - from balancing, new ideas, and/or issues with the mod.

Awesome mod ! Do you plan to do the same for the agents ? that would be great !

I also think that Capable Bureaucrat would be better suited to the Authority line due to the Authority line lacking options, and politics being more about a person's influence rather than how zealous they are. Either way, awesome work!

Icon5 Re: (UPDATED 09/28 - Complete Skill Tree Overhaul!l) Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies (TTT) - A Character Mod Overhaul

Hi Mordocai,

I have not personally tested this with Radious's mods (if anyone who did can chime in, that'd be great), but I don't think he modifies anything that has to do with traits/skills/ancillaries, so it should be compatible.
    The mod manager points out 3 conflicts...

db\character_experience_skill_tiers_tables\character_experience_skill_tiersdb\technologies_tables\technologiesdb\technology_effects_junction_tables\technology_effects_junctionAny of them important or game/mod breaking you think?

Champlain's Avatar Civis

@Hellbent. Arvenni faction general, age of death 60, one "original" skill card at start, four of your cards: Leader of men, One other and 2 green on level up.

Ok so no idea why I am not getting ancillaries? I continued playing the campaign for another 20 turns and still not one had fired. I will try a new campaign start and see. It is not the Roman Looney general mod, I went through the files and it does not touch ancillaries. I use the NON lua as again every patch makes it useless as do startpos'. I use a modded save for extra turns to avoid the patch day blues.

I removed your tech tweaks from your mod as they conflict with my longer time tweaks I did. Could that be stopping ancilliaries from firing? I did not see anything effect triggers when I perused it.

EDIT: Their is a mod that extends attribute effect past the cutoff of 20. Any attribute over 20 reverts its effects to zero, a CA error. He fixed it with his mod but it is stopping the ancilliaries from firing. I will have a look see to reason it out.

When I have a free minute I will pen together some ideas for ancilliaries, cards etc and post it in Notepad or Word, your choice.

@Mordecai Radious reduces the tech times and gives generals 2 points per level and uses vanilla cards. Hellbents mod gives 2 points per level, unfortunately information on Hells' tech changes ie what and why are vague for the moment but to answer your query yes it is a major conflict. Load one above the other to cancel out the differences.
    Last edited by Champlain; October 02, 2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Brain fart

Champlain's Avatar Civis

@Hellbent May I suggest removing the tech tweaks from the mod. My reasoning is this: So many modders are making "my mod, my way" versions thay are stepping on each others toes. Inefficient in my opinion. This forum is stuffed with "does this work with this mod". You are on to something with the TTT's and I think you should concentrate on that and that alone, put out a hell (excuse the pun) of a great mod CENTERED on this. Keep it focused and unless techs or any other area are required to make it work let it be. Do one thing, do it well then move on.
    Cheers!

Champlain's Avatar Civis

@Hellbent Me again. I posted Shogun 2 mods that Pnutmaster was unable to find, I should have focused your attention on them, my error. They are in post #65. As most of the coding for R2 was literally just typed over Shogun2 tables they should prove quite helpful. I hope.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by TWModders_rock View Post
    Awesome mod ! Do you plan to do the same for the agents ? that would be great !
    Hi TWModders_rock,

In the future, perhaps. The difficulty with agents is that they are more one-dimensional than generals. It's much harder to make their skills unique due to the fact that most of their abilities basically do the same thing, the only difference being that the underlying attribute determines success chance. They are definitely within the scope of TTT, and I'll be doing my best to work on them as soon as my work with generals have been completed. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaetre View Post
    I also think that Capable Bureaucrat would be better suited to the Authority line due to the Authority line lacking options, and politics being more about a person's influence rather than how zealous they are. Either way, awesome work!
    Hi Thaetre,

Noted. Your justification certainly makes sense to me. I'll keep that in mind for the next update; I believe another person suggested the same thing with the 'Camp Administrator' tree as well. It would certainly balance out the 3 attribute trees by giving each 2 skill trees. I'm also thinking of making unique skill trees for each major faction that is tied to their factional traits (e.g. Carthaginians being traders and sailors) as well as modifying the cursus honorum to have better bonuses, so that might be another avenue in the future in which authority might be used for. Thank you for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordocai View Post
    The mod manager points out 3 conflicts...

db\character_experience_skill_tiers_tables\character_experience_skill_tiersdb\technologies_tables\technologiesdb\technology_effects_junction_tables\technology_effects_junctionAny of them important or game/mod breaking you think?
    As Champlain said above, the only "conflicts" that I can see here is the changes I made so each general rank will give 2 skill points per level. I have included the technology DB tables, but actually I have not changed a thing within them. If it's true that Radious's mod gives 2 skill points per level for generals, then I think if you load Radious's mod last, any "conflicts" should be resolved.

@Hellbent. Arvenni faction general, age of death 60, one "original" skill card at start, four of your cards: Leader of men, One other and 2 green on level up.

Ok so no idea why I am not getting ancillaries? I continued playing the campaign for another 20 turns and still not one had fired. I will try a new campaign start and see. It is not the Roman Looney general mod, I went through the files and it does not touch ancillaries. I use the NON lua as again every patch makes it useless as do startpos'. I use a modded save for extra turns to avoid the patch day blues.

I removed your tech tweaks from your mod as they conflict with my longer time tweaks I did. Could that be stopping ancilliaries from firing? I did not see anything effect triggers when I perused it.

EDIT: Their is a mod that extends attribute effect past the cutoff of 20. Any attribute over 20 reverts its effects to zero, a CA error. He fixed it with his mod but it is stopping the ancilliaries from firing. I will have a look see to reason it out.

When I have a free minute I will pen together some ideas for ancilliaries, cards etc and post it in Notepad or Word, your choice.

@Mordecai Radious reduces the tech times and gives generals 2 points per level and uses vanilla cards. Hellbents mod gives 2 points per level, unfortunately information on Hells' tech changes ie what and why are vague for the moment but to answer your query yes it is a major conflict. Load one above the other to cancel out the differences.
    @Hellbent May I suggest removing the tech tweaks from the mod. My reasoning is this: So many modders are making "my mod, my way" versions thay are stepping on each others toes. Inefficient in my opinion. This forum is stuffed with "does this work with this mod". You are on to something with the TTT's and I think you should concentrate on that and that alone, put out a hell (excuse the pun) of a great mod CENTERED on this. Keep it focused and unless techs or any other area are required to make it work let it be. Do one thing, do it well then move on.
    Cheers!
    Thank you once again for the feedback as well as the information about your general. Balance-wise, I think it's best when TTT is used with a new campaign as when I tried it out with an old save, it basically removes all of the old skills that the generals have as they no longer exist in TTT.

For your ancillary issue, I honestly don't think it is TTT that is causing the problems. As I said, I have not changed any chance-to-fire values, and besides, I have not heard reports of this issue from other people that have been using TTT.

Same for the technology DB tables; as I mentioned above in response to Mordocai, I included the tech tables in preparation for changing them in the future but I have not currently changed anything within them as of now. In hindsight, I shouldn't have included them as I guess they will override any mods that alter technology times and convert them back to vanilla levels. I will keep this in mind for future updates, if I decide on altering them in the future, I might just make them a separate download or link to other mods like yours that do the same.

As far as new ideas goes, feel free to post them here or any other way which might be the easiest for you. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 02, 2013 at 02:42 AM.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Mod looks awesome! Though first thing i noticed was that i wasn't able to build a full authority general, is this intended? It's fine either way. Also, does this mod prevent my generals from going completely ? Atm this happens for any faction/nation i play, after a few turns my excising generals go nuts. U recruit a new candidate and he'll go nuts after a few turns, disband him and make him a statesman? He'll go nuts straight away upon travelling back, regardless of faction/nation.

@Hellbent Me again. I posted Shogun 2 mods that Pnutmaster was unable to find, I should have focused your attention on them, my error. They are in post #65. As most of the coding for R2 was literally just typed over Shogun2 tables they should prove quite helpful. I hope.
    Cheers!
    Thanks Champlain! Really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    Mod looks awesome! Though first thing i noticed was that i wasn't able to build a full authority general, is this intended? It's fine either way. Also, does this mod prevent my generals from going completely ? Atm this happens for any faction/nation i play, after a few turns my excising generals go nuts. U recruit a new candidate and he'll go nuts after a few turns, disband him and make him a statesman? He'll go nuts straight away upon travelling back, regardless of faction/nation.
    Hi Drowsy,

Glad you're enjoying the mod. The issue with authority being lacking has been raised a couple times before and I'll try to spice it up a bit in the next update.

I have not touched traits yet, so currently, this mod does not fix that bug. I'm still hoping CA has a more permanent fix in patch 4, but in any case, Zowrath's mod should be a good band-aid in the meantime. Just drop his mod alongside TTT in the data folder and it should work fine. I will try to address this in the next update as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 02, 2013 at 03:09 AM.

Since v1.2 the mod conflicts with the mod "Silben Total Improvement" because you now edited the technology_uni_upgrades table. In the previous version you haven't needed this table. Is there any chance I can run the newest version with STI installed?

Quote Originally Posted by egleria View Post
    Since v1.2 the mod conflicts with the mod "Silben Total Improvement" because you now edited the technology_uni_upgrades table. In the previous version you haven't needed this table. Is there any chance I can run the newest version with STI installed?
    Hi egleria,

This issue has been brought up before with Radious's mod as well. I've uploaded an edited 1.2 pack without my technology DB tables so you may use that with Silben's mod (or Radious's) if you wish.

Hi egleria,

This issue has been brought up before with Radious's mod as well. I've uploaded an edited 1.2 pack without my technology DB tables so you may use that with Silben's mod (or Radious's) if you wish.
    Thanks alot for that! Love your mod!