Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Default Re: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Okay, so here's what I do upon creating a .pack file -- either MOVIE or MOD format as I've tried both to no avail.

I open the editor. I select "Use Vanilla TSV" and then begin editing unit values. The values I edit are: Melee Attack, Melee Defense, Morale and Charge; while making Bronze Shield Pikemen have rome_pike_elite for primary melee weapon, gave Spartan Heroes a 1.2 experience modifier and I gave shield wall to Triarii.

After editing the stats until I'm satisfied, only modifying some 6 units mind you, I hit save one more time and then I click on "Get TSV." Then, I open PFM 3.03, click open and select the .pack file that you supplied in the Pack folder.

After renaming the TSV files to match the DB entries (by removing "mynew_" without the quotes) I click on Import TSV for each entry.

I don't modify anything else after doing so. Then I click on Save As, then name the file, and save it to my directory (inside the Data folder where the mods go.) When I load up the game, I check for changes in Custom Battle. This is what's striking me as odd, and I can't seem to fix it. Every unit EXCEPT for the ones that I modified now has Hastati Bireme unit cards. The units that I did edit keep their normal unit card. However, NO units retain the changes the I made to their stats.

What exactly am I doing wrong? The TSV files that I got after editing in the Editor are: building_units_allowed; cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities; land_units; land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions; main_units; unit_experience_threshold_modifier; unit_set_to_unit_junctions; unit_variants; units_to_groupings_military_permissions.

EDIT: Okay, so, I managed to get the unit cards back to normal by deleting entries that weren't necessary. However, the unit stats are still not changing. They are just staying at their default values.

Forgot to mention earlier but I'm not using the Beta Patch 3; I'm on Patch 2. Not beta patch 2, normal patch 2.
    Last edited by inoksvere; September 21, 2013 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inoksvere View Post
    The TSV files that I got after editing in the Editor are: building_units_allowed; cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities; land_units; land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions; main_units; unit_experience_threshold_modifier; unit_set_to_unit_junctions; unit_variants; units_to_groupings_military_permissions.
    I find it interesting that you are getting the "units_to_groupings_military_permissions" in your "NEW" folder.. This is the one TSV I can't seem to create with the editor...!

@ husserlTW : I thought I would run another test to see if I could create the "units_to_groupings_military_permissions" TSV file by just editing that entry in a unit from Vanilla.

I loaded up the Gre_Royal_Thorax and added Sparta to the "Edit Group" button
    Saved
    Got TSV
    and no "units_to_groupings_military_permissions" TSV was created in the NEW folder...

I really wish I could just edit my posts....

Anyhow, I also looked in "TEMP" and "VANILLA" folders to see if it was changing the TSV there but not moving it... Its not.. I thought it was ment to save to TEMP while using the editor??

@ inoksvere

Its a bit strange the problem you had. It seems like teh unit cards where changed and since game does not allow that it used the generic one. The last Save you selected before Get Tsv it was nit right. Select Save only when you finish the current unit editing.

@ Cerberus_AU

I am almost sure that in grouping you miss to select Done when you finish editing. In any case the table is created. I also tried the same changes for Heroes and the unit created ok.

However, yesterday I was only testing Editor. I tested normally and also by doing on purpose "mistakes". I see that if you do not do the things exactly as expected, the editor does prevent some critical errors, but also it is easy to miss some others which ruin the editing. This is not acceptable and needs to be improved. So I'll re-work it this weekend trying to get it in the desired level or at least very close to that.

Needless to say that your feedback is valuable and mostly necessary so keep it coming. If you follow the instructions exactly as contained in menu Help, the editing will be successful. Thanks to all of you.

Hey there.
    I've been messing around with this awesome unit editor for a while now but for some reason i can't get it to work flawlessly.

All i've been trying to do is to get several units being allowed to be recruited by Sparta.
    I can get it to work for a single unit yet even if i do the exact same steps for several other units, they wont show ingame.

For example: I've created two mods. One allowing elephants and the other allowing swordsman to be created by Sparta.
    If i load either of them seperatly, they'll show without a problem.
    Yet if i try to load both packs at the same time, only one of them will show ingame.

Is there some id issue i keep overlooking or something ?

With kind regards, Phoenix.

If a) you use different names for your packs (and thus different commands if they are "mod" type packs and you edit user script manually) and b) different prefix in your pack/db files of each one and you still get this error, zip and upload both packs to have a look (better upload on a free server like MediaFire and post the link).

In that case, i'll make a new pack with all four units i wanted to activate for Sparta in it. Pretty sure i dont need to make seperate pack files for each unit right ?
    If you wouldn't mind taking a look at it once i'm done to see what i'm doing wrong, that would be awesome.

In that case, i'll make a new pack with all four units i wanted to activate for Sparta in it. Pretty sure i dont need to make seperate pack files for each unit right ?
    If you wouldn't mind taking a look at it once i'm done to see what i'm doing wrong, that would be awesome.

Sorry for the double posts, i only recieved an error when posting the first one. Anyway, created a pack with four units added to the spartan roster. Yet even though i've followed the exact same steps for each and every one of them, only the elephants show when i load it ingame. http://www.mediafire.com/?lj85h1857sxjflb That should be the pack file, not sure if the link works since i've never used mediafire. Anyway, thank you for your time.

Okay im testing it, ive 2 questions, how do I change the variation of helmets and armour? and does it create any files at the AppData, if I ever want to delete the tool.

Regards

@ Ikheid

Very good job with the pack. You were almost there. Just change the IDs in buildings and you are good to go:

@

For these changes you can keep in pack only buildings allowed and military groupings table. You can add custom battle if you want. Actually if you had done that you could see that your units where available for Sparta and you could quickly figure the problem (custom battles do not need buildings table). If you are going to release your mod please pick IDs free from ID registry deposit we have made here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-moders-read)

@ greekmen

About equipment you are in the wrong thread. I do not think that it uses AppData. Perhaps in the future it will (most likely no) if I'll need to create Temp files.

! Thanks a lot lot. Indeed, after just changing those rows, the units became available.
    Figured it was an id issue yet remained clueless as of where to look. As said, thanks!

I'm pretty sure there will be better modifications then the ones i made to the spartan army. So i dont have any intention to release the mod for public currently. Especially since its quite easy to do for anybody that uses the editor.
    Ah! The buildings id modification wasn't mentioned in the help file for as far as i know. If that bit is added, it should be even more awesome.
    As said, worked perfectly. Including the unit to unit junction tsv.
    Now all thats left is to figure out how to edit traits. -Grins-

With kind regards, Phoenix.

Hello, If I could redirect you please to my thread Adding-new-Units-problem (for me only right click save link as is working right now for the attachment) related with your editor,
    anyways awesome job, I absolutely loved the editor.

I am pleased to see another good pack today. Just delete your grouping table and your pack will work fine:

You cannot have entries for the same units in exclusive factions table and in military groupings, because you want them... exclusive!

Thank you very much, I have successfully added the units and a few more now and will start changing variantmeshes tomorrow and poking around unit cards, thank you for your expertise and I hope you will play a Lusitanian mod soon.

I did not actually get how this program works...sadly if I click on "help" nothing appears and seems like all I'm doing is wrong...I really need a guide or an help...anybody?

Help is a document in .pdf format and you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it (free). Editor opens it automatically when you select Hel in Help menu. If you do have the reader but UAC prevents the opening, the file is located in .\Rome Unit Editor\Data\Docs\Help.pdf.

If it is indeed an UAC problem, however, make sure that you have full privileges in Editors folder, else it will be prevented in editing the files.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 21, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

I did everything right(well, everything that the help file told me) and the unit is in the game. However, when I go to battle, the units are huge to very small and don't have the armor or weapon I gave them.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

@ husserlTW- Is there any way you could create an editor or get this editor to work with the technology tables? There is alot of work to be done on the techs and anything you can do to automate that process would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    @ Cerberus_AU

I am almost sure that in grouping you miss to select Done when you finish editing. In any case the table is created. I also tried the same changes for Heroes and the unit created ok.

However, yesterday I was only testing Editor. I tested normally and also by doing on purpose "mistakes". I see that if you do not do the things exactly as expected, the editor does prevent some critical errors, but also it is easy to miss some others which ruin the editing. This is not acceptable and needs to be improved. So I'll re-work it this weekend trying to get it in the desired level or at least very close to that.

Needless to say that your feedback is valuable and mostly necessary so keep it coming. If you follow the instructions exactly as contained in menu Help, the editing will be successful. Thanks to all of you.
    Thanks, I will have another try when I get time.. Im fairly sure I did click on Done once I added Sparta but I will do it again to make sure..