Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Effects Enhancement Mod v. 1.6 Insane Edition (Update 10.02.2014 for Patch 9.1)

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Special Effects Enhancement Mod v. 1.5 Blood & More Blood version (Update 1.11.2013 for Blood-DLC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Agreed. Don't no why developers (not only CA) don't pay more attention to this aspect of a games. There are such potential even in billboard particle effects, not to mention about fluids coming with next gen.

I could make much more out of this, but i don't no why my changes doesn't work correctly as it does in previous TW-games. I asked Jack and another guy who has contacts to ca if there is a restriction or if i missed something, but i got no answer.
    So unfortunatly my mod sleeps at the moment.
    Probably because they don't yet know either

Nice work though, keep it up. The fire arrows are kind of funny, but once you get used to their look (they give the flaming arrows a more organic, less laser like quality) even your patchwork solution seems better than CA's release version (way too ballistic). And like I said everything else is just objectively so much better. They should pay you a freelance fee to incorporate your work into the game. Seriously.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Special Effects Enhancement Mod v. 1.5 Blood & More Blood version (Update 1.11.2013 for Blood-DLC)

I hope/believe that when less busy and (hopefully) game concretely patched, they will give you a reply. I'm not the right person to speak about CA/modders contact, but as external viewer, it seems that the good Lusted tries Always to give his effort in this forum. It's at last sad to see you so limited and almost a Brigadier Graham "the old chap" silenced about audio section, considering what you all did with previous releases. My best regards

Can you update 1.3 version for patch 7

ergie's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by elsid22 View Post
    hpla es necesario tener el blood dlc para que funcine ?
    porfavor explicarme soy nuevo
    Aquí se habla en ingles, bienvenido. Creo que si..., pero lo preguntamos a ver (translation: He's asking if its necessary the blood DLC to use the mod. Can anyone explain this, as I'm not really sure now with so many different downloads.Thanks)
    Last edited by ergie; November 14, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ergie View Post
    Aquí se habla en ingles, bienvenido. Creo que si..., pero lo preguntamos a ver (translation: He's asking if its necessary the blood DLC to use the mod. Can anyone explain this, as I'm not really sure now with so many different downloads.Thanks)
    In my opinion it is not necessary to have bought the b&g DLC. But it's hard to find out. I can't deactivate the complete dlc to test this. But it should work. You just will miss the blood content of the mod and dlc.

(google translater, maybe someone could translate this in proper language): Na miña opinión, non é necesario ter adquirido o b & g DLC. Pero é difícil de descubrir. Eu non podo desactivar o DLC completo para probar isto. Pero debe funcionar. Só vai perder o contido do sangue do mod e DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    Can you update 1.3 version for patch 7
    Hm. It should work. But i have a look on this later today after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Probably because they don't yet know either

Nice work though, keep it up. The fire arrows are kind of funny, but once you get used to their look (they give the flaming arrows a more organic, less laser like quality) even your patchwork solution seems better than CA's release version (way too ballistic). And like I said everything else is just objectively so much better. They should pay you a freelance fee to incorporate your work into the game. Seriously.
    Yeah, the fire arrows... I already made a much better version of the current effect. The problem is, i can't seperate effects from each other. So, for instance, if i try to enhance the arrow effects up to my much better version, all fire effects for buildings will be gone. So i have always make a compromise. The arrow effects are no the only effect in this case. It's really pity, but my mod is entirely crap with the possibilities i have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    I hope/believe that when less busy and (hopefully) game concretely patched, they will give you a reply. I'm not the right person to speak about CA/modders contact, but as external viewer, it seems that the good Lusted tries Always to give his effort in this forum. It's at last sad to see you so limited and almost a Brigadier Graham "the old chap" silenced about audio section, considering what you all did with previous releases. My best regards
    Thank you! I hope so as well!
    I had a full search through ALL files in rome 2 to find something that would help me out in this case, but i had no luck. To try making my mod better ends up in illogical problems. When i seperate ONE effect from each other ALL other effects will be messed up. So there are really strict limitations to change something without to mess up other things. Maybe it has something to do with file size, etc. But i don't know exactly.

I hope there will something come up with the next modding summit with this issue as well. CA did a promise to support modders. Let's see how far this was meant...

So i hope i can update my mod today to an insane edition with additional dust effects for marching, running and charging units. It'll make battles more realistic and dirty in close ups. But be aware that this takes some fps! Therefore a seperate "Insane Edition".

Best regards
    Mech
    Last edited by Mech_Donald; November 15, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Alienor's Avatar Libertus

I have an issue with the mod,

I installed it with steam workshop,not from the first page of the topic.

It makes everything in battle a lot brighter,and I have no blood lasting and I can't see much changes on effects/graphism (except everything is way too bright)

I also use GEM mod,is it a problem?

I'll disable it for now though

Mech_Donald, I tried it and it doesn't work with beta patch 7.

Hi amte would use your insane edition but patch 7 did not bring me the so hoped huge performance efforts so I'm looking for a "more blood edition" of your effects with the old mod upgraded to this patch. I know you've still to uleash your power. I strongly hope now more in the modding summit than in a new patch. If you all will get the right tools, maybe we should have a concrete boost with this game. If one day optimised same as shogun 2, I'll can join your dust..ah, so sad! ALIENOR, mate, wait to Mech's upgrade and get this mod here, not from workshop where it seems a partial version due to the workshop limitation (not 100% sure of this).

Alienor's Avatar Libertus

Hum ok thanks for the answer.

Though it might be because of patch 7 beta as Denco said.I've never used it before today so I can't tell.

I have played with a dust mod. but when you see the men come in to the line-of-sight then your fps gets a big kick in the nuts! dont know with patch 7. but maybe Mech_Donald can do some magic

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor View Post
    I have an issue with the mod,

I installed it with steam workshop,not from the first page of the topic.

It makes everything in battle a lot brighter,and I have no blood lasting and I can't see much changes on effects/graphism (except everything is way too bright)

I also use GEM mod,is it a problem?

I'll disable it for now though

My SEEM doesn't change anything on brightness. It changes special effects only! If you encounter some problems, please be sure you have tested my mod only with the game to ensure there are no conflicts with other mods you are using. I use only my mods (NoHDR & SEEM 1.6 IE) GEM and Realistic Heights. With this profile Rome 2 runs really fine with Patch 1.7 beta.

Mech_Donald, I tried it and it doesn't work with beta patch 7.
    Wich mod do you use? I will test it. Please be sure you have tested my mod without any other mods to rule out any conflict with other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Hi amte would use your insane edition but patch 7 did not bring me the so hoped huge performance efforts so I'm looking for a "more blood edition" of your effects with the old mod upgraded to this patch. I know you've still to uleash your power. I strongly hope now more in the modding summit than in a new patch. If you all will get the right tools, maybe we should have a concrete boost with this game. If one day optimised same as shogun 2, I'll can join your dust..ah, so sad! ALIENOR, mate, wait to Mech's upgrade and get this mod here, not from workshop where it seems a partial version due to the workshop limitation (not 100% sure of this).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienor View Post
    Hum ok thanks for the answer.

Though it might be because of patch 7 beta as Denco said.I've never used it before today so I can't tell.
    Patch 1.7 brought me a little frame boost. Battles with SEEM 1.6 IE runs fine for me but not with 60 fps. I recommend to check it out for yourself. You can go back to SEEM 1.5 anytime you want.
    SEEM 1.5 makes no problems with Patch 7 so far. So there is need in upgrading. Maybe there are other conflicting mods? I had issues with CloseCombat so i deleted it. As i said, at the moment i use only NoHDR, SEEM 1.6 IE, GEM and Realistic Heights and the game runs perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    I have played with a dust mod. but when you see the men come in to the line-of-sight then your fps gets a big kick in the nuts! dont know with patch 7. but maybe Mech_Donald can do some magic
    I made my own changes to this part and the performance loss is minor. I recommend just to try it out.

Have fun
    Mech

Default Re: Special Effects Enhancement Mod v. 1.6 Insane Edition (Update 15.11.2013)

Hi mate, my pc should be an high end machine, but with Rome II it does not matter. I would have better chances with shogun II. Just to say and confirm, despite of all the probs I've started to have again with mods and mod manager and false incompatibility and all the hell can sendo to me, I would notice that at last 1.5 more blood is survived to patch 7 I guess now the best patch will be the summint for modders. thanks for your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Which mod do you use? I will test it. Please be sure you have tested my mod without any other mods to rule out any conflict with other mods.
    I was using 1.3 version of the mod ( I like all the excessive blood on units ). I tried it without any other mods ( only my personal that edits unit spacings ).

Default Re: Special Effects Enhancement Mod v. 1.6 Insane Edition (Update 15.11.2013)

The insane edition looks great! But can we get a version with vanilla flaming arrow ?

Can you put the version 1.6 into the workshop ?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by hfi View Post
    The insane edition looks great! But can we get a version with vanilla flaming arrow ?
    I'll upload it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Vincent View Post
    Can you put the version 1.6 into the workshop ?
    I'll try to add it. Steam refuses often to upload this. I takes ten times to upload a version into the workshop.

Best regards
    Mech

Ordinarius

I was using 1.3 version of the mod ( I like all the excessive blood on units ). I tried it without any other mods ( only my personal that edits unit spacings ).
    I tested now my 1.3 version and it works flawlessly with patch 7. Does the game run without my mod?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Mech - I like the extreme version! Is there any way to make the dust more greyish?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Mech - I like the extreme version! Is there any way to make the dust more greyish?
    The dust was greyish once. But i found it really unfitting and ugly. So i changed the color to a be more realistic.

Insane version is awesome, thanks for the work on this and have some rep.