Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [NEW VERSION 0.6 BETA RELEASED 12/12/2012]

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Do you get a Crash to Menu or Crash to Desktop, or does the game load but not show them?

Did you edit the names file in text AND the export_names file? Did you delete the old name.strings.bin file?

There should be no problem with ages...
    The game loads but dose not show them, the original tree is there, Aerys Targaryen, Rhaella Targaryen, Rhaegar Targaryen, Viserys Targaryen, Daenerys Targaryen etc. But Rhaegar has no wife (Lyanna) and no children (Jon and Aegon)

The name files i have (mostly) checked and edited where it needed it (not much seeing as both the names Lyanna and Targaryen are already in most files)

I have deleted the name.string file, no effect.

EDIT: Just noticed your edit after i posted this, I'll do some digging and see what i can find.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; January 08, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [NEW VERSION 0.6 BETA RELEASED 12/12/2012]

I have to ask, why would you want to add Jon as a Targaryen? Would it not be better to have him as a Stark north of Last Hearth before he takes the wows of the nights watch?
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Re: Strings file - If you make any change to any file in /data/text, it is always a good idea to delete the strings.bin version.

The string file is a stringtable that the game generate on startup. However, if you make changes it might not auto update, so best to delete it manually.

Have a look at what you can find. When I am free I will have a look aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    I have to ask, why would you want to add Jon as a Targaryen? Would it not be better to have him as a Stark north of Last Hearth before he takes the wows of the nights watch?
    Well with Ned in the South, Jon would already be a member of The Nights Watch.

I went over a number of ideas as to the location to place Jon, but Targaryen being the main story focus it felt right to place Jon with the Targs seeing as if the R+L theory is right, he will have the family name Targaryen and not Stark, this way i can slowly rise Jon to the Iron Throne and use his Stark Relations to form an alliance once Kings Landing is mine, and the Stag is dealt with.

Overall I'm one of the people that think R+L is right, she loved the prince and went with him willingly. Robert would have people believe he was mad, like his farther... but that was not the case and she never liked the idea of being married to Robert, stating to Ned a number of times about her worries that Roberts love for her would not be strong enough to keep him faithful and how Robert already had bastard children, Ned disagreed saying he would change after the wedding. I was thinking about spawning Jon in The North outside Last Hearth with some "Nights Watch" units, but i would have no idea where to start making new units and i have a feeling he would be outnumbered and be forced to kill his own family... so i scrapped that idea.

I'll be doing some basic video guide's on adding custom characters, traits, ancillary's, portraits etc for my subscribers in the future due to a number of requests from viewers wanting to add their own custom stuff into the game. (with my limited knowledge, if i can do it anyone can )

megells's Avatar Civis

I've created a submod of Fire And Blood for personal entertainment about Rhaegar returning to Westeros rather than Daenerys and in it Jon is the faction heir. But as far as this scenario goes I'm not sure about Jon being a Targaryen general for Daenerys, as I doubt she would ever find out about Jon being Rhaegar's son if it is true, which I hope so, unless someone who knows (the only one for fact is Howland Reed, although I suspect Barristan would know as well) tells her.

I was just wondering if this submod is compatible with steam because everytime I extract the file into my modfolder and run the .bat I can get to the faction selection screen but whenever I try start a campaign it crashes. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Well with Ned in the South, Jon would already be a member of The Nights Watch.

I went over a number of ideas as to the location to place Jon, but Targaryen being the main story focus it felt right to place Jon with the Targs seeing as if the R+L theory is right, he will have the family name Targaryen and not Stark, this way i can slowly rise Jon to the Iron Throne and use his Stark Relations to form an alliance once Kings Landing is mine, and the Stag is dealt with.

Overall I'm one of the people that think R+L is right, she loved the prince and went with him willingly. Robert would have people believe he was mad, like his farther... but that was not the case and she never liked the idea of being married to Robert, stating to Ned a number of times about her worries that Roberts love for her would not be strong enough to keep him faithful and how Robert already had bastard children, Ned disagreed saying he would change after the wedding. I was thinking about spawning Jon in The North outside Last Hearth with some "Nights Watch" units, but i would have no idea where to start making new units and i have a feeling he would be outnumbered and be forced to kill his own family... so i scrapped that idea.

I'll be doing some basic video guide's on adding custom characters, traits, ancillary's, portraits etc for my subscribers in the future due to a number of requests from viewers wanting to add their own custom stuff into the game. (with my limited knowledge, if i can do it anyone can )
    Would you still make him Faction Heir despite him being a bastard of Rhaegar and not a legitimate child?

Do you have the original westeros mod installed in your medieval directory?

Or any mod for that matter?

Yeah I do. But with Steam you have to rename them as a kingdoms expansion. So for my mod folder I have The Blackfyre mod as americas, The enhanced Westeros mod as crusades, and I have your mod remnamed as british isles. So I guess just need somebody to tell me how to install it. Because I had to improvise since the instructions didn't cover steam users.

But I don't have the original westeros mod installed just the enhanced version.

Quote Originally Posted by BericDondarrion View Post
    I was just wondering if this submod is compatible with steam because everytime I extract the file into my modfolder and run the .bat I can get to the faction selection screen but whenever I try start a campaign it crashes. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Google Kingdoms Launcher Application, download it. It makes your life a lot easier having different mods on Steam.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by megells View Post
    I've created a submod of Fire And Blood for personal entertainment about Rhaegar returning to Westeros rather than Daenerys and in it Jon is the faction heir. But as far as this scenario goes I'm not sure about Jon being a Targaryen general for Daenerys, as I doubt she would ever find out about Jon being Rhaegar's son if it is true, which I hope so, unless someone who knows (the only one for fact is Howland Reed, although I suspect Barristan would know as well) tells her.
    Jon would never EVER betray the Starks or his father (Eddard, as far as he knows), even if he knew that he was Rhaegar's son.

By the way both Eddard and Howland Reed should be very much battlescared becuase of their grueling battle with the Kingsguard.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Some wierdass bug....

That never happened to me before when playing TW. Ever

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Alt-Tab out of the game and return. Usually fixes these kind of things

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I just checked out the traits list, and there are so many awesome traits to give to Aerys II Targaryen. A shame he is not alive in this sub-mod
    Also, I think I might have found some traits to even up Roberts "10 command" points. Hopefully this would make the life of the Targaryens a bit easier
    -Paralytic (Drink 6)- -5 Command, -5 Authority, -10% Tax Income
    -Adulterer (Girls 3)- -1 Popularity
    -Strong Language (Feck 1)- -1 Piety, +1 Command, +1 Troop Morale
    -Total Incompetence (BadAdministrator 3)- -10% Trade Income
    -Incompetent Trader (BadTrader 2)- -20% Trade Income
    -Sloppy Taxman (BadTaxman 2)- -20% Tax Income
    -Rebelled (ExRebel 1)- -1 Loyalty

Also, I've updated Black Walder a bit, by adding him some new traits.
    Oh, and I've been thinking, how about adding a merchant to the game as Petyr Baelish?
    Last edited by Uriyaca; January 09, 2013 at 08:45 AM.

AFAIK I already gave Robert most of those

Robert's command will be lowered in the next version, don't you worry. He is meant to be a 5/6 star general, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Some wierdass bug....

That never happened to me before when playing TW. Ever
    Yeah, that happens all the time in Westeros and its submods.

I think it is due to the lack of wait entries in the campaign script, so it gets stuck between the normal game time and the Westeros time script firing to counter it...
    Last edited by Inarus; January 09, 2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Google Kingdoms Launcher Application, download it. It makes your life a lot easier having different mods on Steam.
    Thanks Red Viper that did the trick or me!.

I'm loving this mod by the way, it's way more polished than the original Westeros mod. I did want to report one bug I have so far though. Stevron Frey and his grandson are both faction heir to the freys. And Stevron's name is listed as "Faction Heir Stevron the Heir" and he is grandson is titled like that too. So I just thought that was a little wierd.

Yep I noticed that on my universal play through.

Personally, I am tempted to simply give the Greyjoy's and Freys the Teutonic family system rather than the vanilla one.

More polished than 0.53? I would say more ambitious. There is a lot of polishing still to be done!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Yep I noticed that on my universal play through.

Personally, I am tempted to simply give the Greyjoy's and Freys the Teutonic family system rather than the vanilla one.

More polished than 0.53? I would say more ambitious. There is a lot of polishing still to be done!
    Well for me the addition of all the mini factions makes your mod ten times better than 0.53.

megells's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1921 View Post
    Jon would never EVER betray the Starks or his father (Eddard, as far as he knows), even if he knew that he was Rhaegar's son.
    I don't think he would either. Nor do I think it possible for Rhaegar Targaryen to be alive considering he's dead and all, hence why it's a fictional little project I worked on for myself.