Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1244

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Tiro

Default Re: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Hello,

Thanks for tip Veteraan, but although i could more or less guess what that web says thats the part i dont like to do, i have had some troubles in the past ( viruses, unwanted add ons, etc) just for "guessing" what a web, pop up screen, register form, etc, is saying. So now i try to avoid fill in forms or clicking buttons i cant understand. Otherwise if i wouldnt read your post and HHECTOR´s one at the same time i would have done what you said. But... HHECTOR uploaded it to mega.. so.. no biggy. I have the file in my PC now.
    Btw HHECTOR i have unrared it and in the ...\loading_screen folder that appears there are files with same name that the existing ...\loading_screen folder in game. The files from Loading_screen_72.tga to Loading_screen_85.tga are repeated, but they are different in each folder ( i have opened the .tga files from 72 to 85 in both directories and they arent the same). I suppose i could just add yours to the game folder and it would only sustitute old .tga files 72 to 85 with yours and add the new ones 86-100. Is there a limit on the loading screens amount? If i rename your files 72 to 85 and start with the 101.... , would it work?

Regards:

Melvi

HHECTOR's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for tip Veteraan, but although i could more or less guess what that web says thats the part i dont like to do, i have had some troubles in the past ( viruses, unwanted add ons, etc) just for "guessing" what a web, pop up screen, register form, etc, is saying. So now i try to avoid fill in forms or clicking buttons i cant understand. Otherwise if i wouldnt read your post and HHECTOR´s one at the same time i would have done what you said. But... HHECTOR uploaded it to mega.. so.. no biggy. I have the file in my PC now.
    Btw HHECTOR i have unrared it and in the ...\loading_screen folder that appears there are files with same name that the existing ...\loading_screen folder in game. The files from Loading_screen_72.tga to Loading_screen_85.tga are repeated, but they are different in each folder ( i have opened the .tga files from 72 to 85 in both directories and they arent the same). I suppose i could just add yours to the game folder and it would only sustitute old .tga files 72 to 85 with yours and add the new ones 86-100. Is there a limit on the loading screens amount? If i rename your files 72 to 85 and start with the 101.... , would it work?

Regards:

Melvi
    Yes it would work Melvi. There's no loading screens limit, I guess. You know, loading screens (l.s.) no. 01-71 are from vanilla game and no. 72-85 are new created for this submod. I just made my l.s. and replace l.s. for this submod. If you want also keep l.s. for this submod just rename my l.s. and then enjoy your game.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I encountered a buggy battlefield. It's a bridge battle where there is no room to deploy and also no way out on both sides.
    As a picture is worth a thousand words I shall use 2 of them to explain the situation.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    First the location of the event.

Second the deployment situation at the battlefield
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 25, 2014 at 02:49 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Libertus

playing for Arnor I captured the castle Litash, the population reached 7500 and can not be improved! (((how to fix it?
    Last edited by IGORynich; June 20, 2014 at 06:05 AM.

Very much intrigued by the changes in the OP and gave this a download. The tweaked Gondor roster is fantastic. Are Dismounted Swan Knights and Dol Amroth Squires supposed to vanish however?

The strat map changes sound well-reasoned, but seeing it in person leaves me with some questions.

Is Korondaj (Harad Capital) supposed to be a Huge City? It's larger than Umbar.

Why was the port at Belfalas (Dol Amroth) removed? It wasn't as important as Pelargir, but it did exist...isn't moving the starting navy enough?

Archet was a town north of Bree. I'd be fine with it being removed, but it shouldn't be moved. As it's been mentioned it messes with Arnor.

Dun Larach a full castle? Is this just to make Dunland more of a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    Very much intrigued by the changes in the OP and gave this a download. The tweaked Gondor roster is fantastic. Are Dismounted Swan Knights and Dol Amroth Squires supposed to vanish however?

The strat map changes sound well-reasoned, but seeing it in person leaves me with some questions.

Is Korondaj (Harad Capital) supposed to be a Huge City? It's larger than Umbar.

Why was the port at Belfalas (Dol Amroth) removed? It wasn't as important as Pelargir, but it did exist...isn't moving the starting navy enough?

Archet was a town north of Bree. I'd be fine with it being removed, but it shouldn't be moved. As it's been mentioned it messes with Arnor.

Dun Larach a full castle? Is this just to make Dunland more of a threat?
    Yup, they are supposed to vanish. Taro's work is fantastic and he's given us a large variety of units, but I do not believe they all need to be used. The dismounted units were clearly designed to be mounted, and their foot versions are simply copies. They are superfluous to the roster, and imo overpower the already ridiculously powerful dol amroth.

Yes. Harad needs a huge city in order to enable the training of Mumakil. It used to be Umbar, but I felt that the Mumakil need to come from the interior. Also Umbar.. I didn't like it so large.

Pelargir's port was scaled down too, remember that Gondor was pretty helpless on the sea by that time. You can still build a port very quickly at Dol Amroth if you like. Not sure if its canon that the castle of Dol Amroth had a port? Amroth did leave there but that was eons ago..

That is indeed an unfortunate oversight. You do actually have to "move" provinces around since all are already used. Archet was pointless and imo clearly needed to go in order to make the Mordor/Rohan river frontier more interesting. Forgot to modify that script, though

I kind of like Dun Larach as a castle . It makes sense to me that the Dunlending savages would be ruled from a castle, not a city. Perhaps an old Gondorean fort gusrding the road? I actually think it may have made them weaker due to the lessened income. Not sure, though. This change is pretty arbitrary, I admit, and I'm not "married" to it.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; June 25, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I encountered a buggy battlefield. It's a bridge battle where there is no room to deploy and also no way out on both sides.
    As a picture is worth a thousand words I shall use 2 of them to explain the situation.

First the location of the event.

Second the deployment situation at the battlefield
    Troubling . But its unlikely this is caused by DC. There are a number of locations in FF's map that do not generate viable battlefields. I'll try to fix this in any event. Likely it will be gone if the crossimg is moved just a bit.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; June 25, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    Troubling . But its unlikely this is caused by DC. There are a number of locations in FF's map that do not generate viable battlefields. I'll try to fix this in any event. Likely it will be gone if the crossimg is moved just a bit.
    True, we best wait for Stylix to show up and fix this. (Really wish he would, but it's starting to look like he is doing the "King Kong" vanishing act.)

I noticed the link to the second screenshot in my post was broken. Fixed it.

Edit: I see you edited your post while I was typing this reply. Well done and makes my first remark even more unnecessary than it already was.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 25, 2014 at 02:59 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Laetus

Hey I get a notice wenever i want to start a campaign daying " Medieval 2 Total War has run into an unespected problem an will now close" it started right after i tried using version 1.6.2 ( I never tried it without your unofficial 1.6.3 version though so not sure if its because of your version of the official 1.6.2 one)

Notice: this isn't "MOS 1.6.3". MOS is a submod by Hero, with Stylix as most recent "Steward", shall we say. The reason why the intro screen says "MOS 1.6.3" is that the new loading screens were originally intended for MOS 1.6.3, being prepared for release by Stylix. That will be fixed at the first available opportunity.

Laetus

Notice: this isn't "MOS 1.6.3". MOS is a submod by Hero, with Stylix as most recent "Steward", shall we say. The reason why the intro screen says "MOS 1.6.3" is that the new loading screens were originally intended for MOS 1.6.3, being prepared for release by Stylix. That will be fixed at the first available opportunity.
    hmm okay, but that doesnt really answer my question. Do you have any idea why I get that error? I get everything just until i want to start a campaign :/ then it shuts down with that message. Or do you think its because of the MOS 1.6.2 and that I should contact the makers of MOS ?

Quote Originally Posted by aerar View Post
    hmm okay, but that doesnt really answer my question. Do you have any idea why I get that error? I get everything just until i want to start a campaign :/ then it shuts down with that message. Or do you think its because of the MOS 1.6.2 and that I should contact the makers of MOS ?
    Well.. It wasn't intended as a reply . Recommend you try a clean reinstall, and bring the issue up at the main MOS thread.

Yup, they are supposed to vanish. Taro's work is fantastic and he's given us a large variety of units, but I do not believe they all need to be used. The dismounted units were clearly designed to be mounted, and their foot versions are simply copies. They are superfluous to the roster, and imo overpower the already ridiculously powerful dol amroth.
    Yep agreed that there was overlap between Dismounted Squires and the Men-at-Arms. Not sold on the Dismounted Swan Knights though. None of Gondor's Elite units use a sword and shield, so that was something unique about Dismounted Swan Knights.

Yes. Harad needs a huge city in order to enable the training of Mumakil. It used to be Umbar, but I felt that the Mumakil need to come from the interior. Also Umbar.. I didn't like it so large.
    Wouldn't it be easier to lower the requirements for Mumakil to a city? It would mean some secondary regions might eventually be able to train Mumakil, but they were clearly intended to be able to because they have the Mumakil hidden resource.

Pelargir's port was scaled down too, remember that Gondor was pretty helpless on the sea by that time. You can still build a port very quickly at Dol Amroth if you like. Not sure if its canon that the castle of Dol Amroth had a port? Amroth did leave there but that was eons ago..
    Belfalas had an important port but I'm not sure exactly where it was. However since ports in Medieval 2 appear a ways away from the City/Castle that controls them, I think that would make a lot of sense in this case. It's not actually a port at Dol Amroth.

That is indeed an unfortunate oversight. You do actually have to "move" provinces around since all are already used. Archet was pointless and imo clearly needed to go in order to make the Mordor/Rohan river frontier more interesting. Forgot to modify that script, though
    Yep I agree with its removal and where it's moved to, but also the name of the region (Chetwood) should be fixed.

I kind of like Dun Larach as a castle . It makes sense to me that the Dunlending savages would be ruled from a castle, not a city. Perhaps an old Gondorean fort gusrding the road? I actually think it may have made them weaker due to the lessened income. Not sure, though. This change is pretty arbitrary, I admit, and I'm not "married" to it.
    I like it, although a castle is technically city level and I don't feel the Dunlendings are that populous, still I think it should stay. It makes them more interesting to play.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

GJ, will test.

I noticed something though;

• I reduced the size of two or three settlements in Eriador that bugged me because they were populous settlements in regions that are supposed to be extremely desolate.

What about adding pop to those provinces that are supposedly populous? The Shire was brimming with life, bursting its borders and was expanded in F.A, 16, Belfalas and the coastal regions are also called populous. I usually add to them and to Barad Dûr, Gundabad and Goblin Town, for it really annoys me that the supposedly populous Shire are made up of villages of 200 (and can recruit non-Hobbit units later), and the Southern Fiefs of Gondor; especially Belfalas, are desolate.

Belfalas had an important port but I'm not sure exactly where it was. However since ports in Medieval 2 appear a ways away from the City/Castle that controls them, I think that would make a lot of sense in this case. It's not actually a port at Dol Amroth.
    Actually we know nothing of where Dol Amroth's port was. But we can assume that they had one. Amroth sailed from there (actually from Edhellond, Edhellond is Lore, it is mentioned in UT, but is supposedly empty after Amroth's departure and was never large). Gondor was an advanced and naval civilisation and ports do not just disappear in such. You can perhaps compare Gondor to the East Roman Empire in the 11th- 12th century. They are weak and diminished, but still a centre for tech and learning and their infrastructure has not fallen into disrepair, they just cannot afford a large fleet in money and/or manpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    Yep agreed that there was overlap between Dismounted Squires and the Men-at-Arms. Not sold on the Dismounted Swan Knights though. None of Gondor's Elite units use a sword and shield, so that was something unique about Dismounted Swan Knights.

Wouldn't it be easier to lower the requirements for Mumakil to a city? It would mean some secondary regions might eventually be able to train Mumakil, but they were clearly intended to be able to because they have the Mumakil hidden resource.

Yep I agree with its removal and where it's moved to, but also the name of the region (Chetwood) should be fixed.

I like it, although a castle is technically city level and I don't feel the Dunlendings are that populous, still I think it should stay. It makes them more interesting to play.
    That's true, though the Infantry are kind of "elite". But here's the thing: its still just a duplicate, and its a separate unit. The Knights of DA fought on horseback.. I don't like the idea of a duplicate unit, that, as a new elite unit, further overpowers DA and Gondor in general. Just not for it.

Here's the thing: I don't want to mess with it. I essentially just restored the situation we had in vanilla 1.6.2: one huge city for the Mumakil. I wouldn't want to be responsible for Harad taking over the whole map late game with hordes of elephants .

Like I said, I'm not sure if we know whether they had a port at all, at DA or elsewhere. Dol Amroth was a castle, that's canon.. Either way, it can be built right from the start.

Will fix at the first opportunity.

You're right. Perhaps the place ought to be taken down a notch..

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    GJ, will test.

I noticed something though;

What about adding pop to those provinces that are supposedly populous? The Shire was brimming with life, bursting its borders and was expanded in F.A, 16, Belfalas and the coastal regions are also called populous. I usually add to them and to Barad Dûr, Gundabad and Goblin Town, for it really annoys me that the supposedly populous Shire are made up of villages of 200 (and can recruit non-Hobbit units later), and the Southern Fiefs of Gondor; especially Belfalas, are desolate.
    You're right.. But if we add the pop, here's the choice: either we can have the Shire composed of populous villages that can not be upgraded, or we can have a shire that quickly turns into a region of large towns and cities.. Neither seems right Imo.

Belfalas could be split into two provinces, but I don't know where to find one..

I am pretty certain I can find evidence in Lore for a haven, and also that it is stated nowhere whether Dol Amroth is a city, fortified city or castle.

I can look both up if you want me to.

Castle:
    But beyond, in the great fief of Belfalas, dwelt Prince Imrahil in his castle of Dol Amroth by the sea, and he was of high blood, and his folk also, tall men and proud with sea-grey eyes.
    RotK, Minas Tirith

But, in The Man in the Moon Came Down too Soon:
    'You had best get a bed in an inn', they said;
    'the town is near at hand'.
    Only the knell of one slow bell
    high in the Seaward Tower
    Announced the news of his moonsick cruise
    at that unseemly hour.
    Adventures of Tom Bombadil
    Last edited by Infidel144; June 28, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Here's the thing: I don't want to mess with it. I essentially just restored the situation we had in vanilla 1.6.2: one huge city for the Mumakil. I wouldn't want to be responsible for Harad taking over the whole map late game with hordes of elephants .
    Could you at least lower it to a Large City? That's what Mumakil need. It just really bugs me that it's the largest settlement on the map but it's a city made up for a role-playing game, not actually in the lore. (And in that role-playing game it wasn't even much larger than the Towns to the east)