Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by TWADDICT
    Thanx for a fantastic mod. The only problem I am having thoughis that all walls are wooden on the battle map, even when they are shown as stone on the campaign map. Rome looks kind of wierd with just a wooden wall! Anybody help?
    Any solution to this problem? As much as Rome: Total War could be Rome : Total Siege Wars, I miss watching my men scale the walls of an enemy settlement
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ai dont make a good defense nor a good atack , so its better the cities dont have walls.

I guess that problem might have something to do with the new requirement of paved roads before building stone walls, so if a city didnīt have paved roads built already in the beginning of the game when it got its stone walls assigned, it will instead get the prior walls because it technically canīt have the stone ones already.
    I may be wrong with that assumption though, as I havenīt backed it up with any tests yet.
    Anyways, I hope that this will be changed somehow, as it really buggs me whenever I see e.g. the City of Rome standing there with a measly wooden palisade.
    I donīt see how this could make sieges any more challenging, either, as it currently allows you to pretty much take every city with just a bunch of rams and a quick assault without any actual need to starve a city out.
    And the AI doesnīt really do any better at attacking palisades than it does at attacking stone walls, so that is no argument.

ha ha, i was gonna kill my comp last night after i installed imp II on and it ctd and then i read instructions and seen what I did wrong, I installed it on RTW and not BI

what a dumbass

I nearly have it, the 10th legio

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon
    I guess that problem might have something to do with the new requirement of paved roads before building stone walls, so if a city didnīt have paved roads built already in the beginning of the game when it got its stone walls assigned, it will instead get the prior walls because it technically canīt have the stone ones already.
    I may be wrong with that assumption though, as I havenīt backed it up with any tests yet.
    Anyways, I hope that this will be changed somehow, as it really buggs me whenever I see e.g. the City of Rome standing there with a measly wooden palisade.
    I donīt see how this could make sieges any more challenging, either, as it currently allows you to pretty much take every city with just a bunch of rams and a quick assault without any actual need to starve a city out.
    And the AI doesnīt really do any better at attacking palisades than it does at attacking stone walls, so that is no argument.
    Yeah. The walls actually was the thing, like a love-hate situation. You don't want to have it, but you need to have it. I think the reason the walls are showing as wooden while actually builds stone is because I deleted the entries for wooden palisade and also the epic stone wall. It might be a problem with the descr_cultures.txt where it defines which levels of walls showing on both strat and battle map.

In vanilla or RTRPE, the first level of walls is the wooden pallisade, while in this mod it's the wooden wall.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Caesar
    ha ha, i was gonna kill my comp last night after i installed imp II on and it ctd and then i read instructions and seen what I did wrong, I installed it on RTW and not BI

what a dumbass

I nearly have it, the 10th legio
    Yeah. I also couldn't figure it out why it didn't work with RTW 1.5. :hmmm: Anyway I think it's not really a major problem because most if not all people have BI already....

Note: I'm uploading the 1.3 beta patch together with the Marian provincial campaign, so for those interested to test pm me and I'll send the link to it.

With every error I face in RTW, I learn one more tidbit about the text files in the Data folder

In my quest to see those good ole stone walls bordering Rome and Sparte once again (I could learn to live with wooden walls, but sieging a heavily garrisoned Sparte protected by mere wooden defenses is too anticlimatic for my tastes), I went to the Mod Workshop, checked out the stickied threads, explored the EBD and export_building.txt (which was hiding in a folder called text), tried adjusting the wall_level, compared vanilla BI's EBD to Imperator's EBD, and corrected some minor typos here and there . Unfortunately, despite my efforts, the walls did not change on the battle map, even after I deleted the 'must contain hinterland_pavedroads line'.

I'll see if restoring the five original wall defense levels is the solution we're looking for...
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

I still cant get it to work, it loads up the activision screen, where it shows northen italia and east gaul and then it ctds, i have installed it perfectly, I think its hardware related cos Im on a laptop

I still cant get it to work, it loads up the activision screen, where it shows northen italia and east gaul and then it ctds, i have installed it perfectly, I think its hardware related cos Im on a laptop
    Have you run the map resert thing ?

yeah, wait, do I need to do it twice or just once cos it does it after 1.6 installs, do I need to do it again after I install Imp II?

yeah, wait, do I need to do it twice or just once cos it does it after 1.6 installs, do I need to do it again after I install Imp II?
    You use Bi icon?

how exactly do I do the target path becaust it tells me icons like - are not allowed in the target path but yeah I used the BI icon

When i install the game i fargot this:
    6. Right click on RomeTW-BI.exe shortcut on desktop, select properties and;
    a) Add -mod: -show_err at the end of the target line so it reads like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total Mod\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod: -show_err

* this assumes that C:\ is the default installation folder, or
    b) Use this command for high-priority set up like this:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C "start /HIGH RomeTW-BI.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9" -mod: -show_err
    And the game seams work...until now.

EDIT: Update

Success! By editing the export_descr_building and export_building, using the original RTRPE txts as reference, I restored wooden palisades and the epic stone wall, finally solving the wooden wall problem once and for all. If anyone wants, I can upload the two files.
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; August 10, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster
    EDIT: Update

Success! By editing the export_descr_building and export_building, using the original RTRPE txts as reference, I restored wooden palisades and the epic stone wall, finally solving the wooden wall problem once and for all. If anyone wants, I can upload the two files.
    Sure. Upload it... I'll include it in the patch and save me the trouble of fixing it..

Here you are

http://premium1.uploadit.org/TomarDu...n-Wall-Fix.zip

Proud to have made a contribution to the almighty Imperator mod, lol. Call it my show of gratitude for further enhancing RTR.

You'll notice I made a few minor adjustments to the garrison building descriptions, heh, heh Feel free to change them if you wish.

EDIT: After returning to my main campaign, I noticed that all cities that had stone walls now have wooden walls, and all settlements that had wooden walls now have wooden palisades. The walls can be upgraded, so no worries.
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; August 10, 2006 at 03:01 PM.
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

I just tried out those two txts and indeed it worked well in my campaign, though I still would like to try to give stone walls to at least the most important cities on the map right from the beginning, as I donīt trust the AI on if it will really them until I reach it. And I really donīt want to end up attacking a carthage without stone walls, for that would be more than anticlimatic... :wink:
    However, Iīm pretty inexperienced in modding, so could anyone direct me to where one can change the buildings a city gets from the beginning (if there is such a file) and maybe tell me if the change would be savegame compatible?

on my comp it doesnt allow me to change target of th properties so is there any other way to do it?

on my comp it doesnt allow me to change target of th properties so is there any other way to do it?
    That's strange. Are you trying to change the one on the desktop or ?? Maybe you pc has some administrative rights or something that makes you unable to change anything at will.

You should be able only to right click on the icon at the desktop, select properties and change... :hmmm:

It's been a while since I've been around on the TWC forums, before this mod was pretty unstable what with random, sometimes terminal CTD's popping up all the time. Has this gone away, or should I wait for RTRPE 1.7 and 1.3? I'm very eager to try my hand at the campaign (at last! a challanging Roman campaign! ) but if it'll just CTD on me I'd rather just wait a few more days.

PS- I have Imp. II v 1.2 installed from earlier, can I play that version, or is there a new patch?