Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

With the katas for Baktria and Seleucids, the Hetairoi are recruitable for a number of nations at the last level and so i put katas in at the 3rd level of stables like they are for the seleucids in vanilla RTW. Likewise with the cataphract archers.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

ok i understand now

Hetairoi just wanna be loved

Also i have noticed that baktria can train horse archers on the first level of stables but it cant train them in the next 3 levels.

hmm its not like that on mine :hmmm:

put music from spqr mod into the rts battles and when you start the game as the romans rome is already at war with gaul carthage so that you have to defend before you can expand
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well i think Epirus is quite enough of a challenge for the Romans to begin with, and i want every campaign to be different and fun to play as all factions.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by NONOPUST
    hmm its not like that on mine :hmmm:
    Really? Can you create horse archers with baktria with all cavalry levels? I dont see why my EDB is different.

ya i can make HA at all levels for Baktria

if you never modded it urself i dont know what it could be

Hi! I have TE 5.1(I`m pretty sure I installed the patch) and I was wondering if you are aware of these guys icons:

They look like peasants, but they are warbands. So far they are the only ones I saw having this problem.

Has anybody noticed that the only senate trait that any Roman family member ever gets is Quaestor. I once while playing as Rome had 5 of my family members as a Quaestor and a further 5 as an ex-Quaestor. Is this intentional or is it a bug and has anybody else noticed this?

If im not mistaken everything to do with the Senate was removed to make a single roman faction. Better wait for a reply from Lusted for a sure answer.
    As for the unit icon problem, you can go and do a custom battle and check if the icons are missing. Its probably a corrupt installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Byte
    As for the unit icon problem, you can go and do a custom battle and check if the icons are missing. Its probably a corrupt installation.
    Can you please confirm that you don`t have this problem. Just start with the dacians or with the scythians and send a spy in Crimea. It only takes a couple of turns. Thank you!

EDIT: I made a new copy of my original (unmodded) RTW folder(I had a backup one). I installed TE5.0 in a folder with this name(TE5.0). I did the same with the TE5.1 patch(installed it in a folder named TE5.1). Then I overwrote the data folder inside my new RTW folder(again, a vannila version) with the one from TE5.0. Did the same with TE5.1. Then I deleted the map.rwm file (from data/world/maps/base). I did not know if I was supose to do that, but I did it just in case. Then I started a new campaign with the scythians and the 2 units with peasant icon where still there. So, I don`t think it`s from my install.
    Last edited by florin80; August 15, 2006 at 03:52 PM.

Ah yes your right, basically theres an error in descr_strat.txt.

Where it says
    Code:
    ;Taurica
    character	sub_faction scythia, Atheas, general, age 20, , x 176, y 156
    army
    unit		te merc sarmatian cavalry				exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 2
    unit		te barb infantry				exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		te barb infantry				exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		te barb horse archers				exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
    You have to change te barb infantry to te barb infantry slave

Quote Originally Posted by Byte
    Ah yes your right, basically theres an error in descr_strat.txt.
    Yes, that did it. Thank you! Now, you wouldn`t happen to have an idea about this problem also, would you? Link to my previous post:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=137
    I thought it was something overheating from my PC, as it`s not always like that, but it can`t be that becouse the game runs perfectly and I have no problem(apart of that one).

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    Hi! I have TE 5.1(I`m pretty sure I installed the patch) and I was wondering if you are aware of these guys icons:

They look like peasants, but they are warbands. So far they are the only ones I saw having this problem.

Looks like the unit cards for those units are not in the right place. Some things slip by even after extensive testing! :spammer: :tacticalw

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

what you have to do is just paste all the ui for all cultures and put it in the slaves folder but you have to unpack the ui_0 and ui_1

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Graffiti
    what you have to do is just paste all the ui for all cultures and put it in the slaves folder but you have to unpack the ui_0 and ui_1
    After doing the change suggested above by Byte to the descr_strat.txt the problem was solved. They now have the icon of the warband.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I just started playing with 5.1 a few weeks ago. I noticed playing Epirus and Bactria ancillary anomallies. They, being Roman by birth, and tyring be Greek, a bunch of things happened. Many I fixed myself. I had Roman priest ancillaries showing up for Greek temples. In Epirus, I had Temple of Hephaestus wiith the priest of Vulcan. If you want to know how I did it, let me know. Would be glad to help.

Edit: I just ran over Rome with Epirus and no faction eliminated fmv. I get a card telling me how great the Greeks are but no picture. I noticed in the data/fmv flies what seem to be some vanilla files and some custom files. I also noticed in the data/desr_sm_factions.txt, win and lose fmvs have the same file name. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by irishron; August 16, 2006 at 09:30 PM. Reason: More bugs/issues

i noticed slingers are recruitable after archers, why is this? since most slingers suck besides the merc ones

also, this is just my opinion, i think imperial heavy cohorts should be recruitable in the last barracks, due to the fact that they are better than normal imperial cohorts, and also that the last barracks has nothing to recruit except in rome(praetorians)

i think its a good idea, hope you do too :tacticalw

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Why are biremes of Epirus/Brutii the same color as the biremes for Bactria/Scipii? They are the only naval vessels doing this.