Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

To have a hidden rescource work, you must add in the rescource to the provines you want in descr_regions.txt, and add it at the top of export_descr_buildings.txt where the rest of the hidden rescources are listed.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Well i just gotta say its the most awesome mod ever made for a rts ,but as nothing is perfect got some troubles with it
    when i invade the city of Larissa under the control of the macedonian when i attack iit with the romans the game just crash,so some little help with it would be good.thanks

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

really??? hmmm thats wierd... i fought that city a bunch of times with the greeks, epirus, and the romans.... did you try loading your save game and trying again just to see if the ctd happened randomly?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I captured Salamis. When viewing the buildings the Egyptian Royal Cavalry Stables shows up as a barracks (see bottom of picture).

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Not sure if this is a bug or just very bad luck, but I've been winning some great battles against huge odds and my generals (no matter how much I use them) never seem to get any new traits. Occasionally I'll get a Decorated Hero, but very rarely will I get 'Superior Commander' or anything nearly as good. It's often the case that a general will die with the same traits he is born with. Is this a part of the mod or just bad luck / bug?

Thanks!

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

GB, yeah i know about that one, silly mistkae in naming of files in 5.1, will definitely be fixed in Gold.

Taelok, just bad luck,, ive currently got a Roman campaign in which i just had my best 10 star general die, and he started ourt with no stars at all.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Ah right, that's good to hear. It can be a little frustrating when a general does very well and is not rewarded for it, but that's just the way it works. Thanks Lusted.

And Gaius, is that a spoiler of your next campaign update I see?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok
    Ah right, that's good to hear. It can be a little frustrating when a general does very well and is not rewarded for it, but that's just the way it works. Thanks Lusted.

And Gaius, is that a spoiler of your next campaign update I see?
    Yes, the next update is going to be kinda large. Looking at the 157 - ~129 BC period. Lots of action, and one "mother-of-all-battles" to report.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

ok im not that familiar with the BI legion feature but the only way to get higher legion numbers like II, III , IV is to recruit the first cohorts from the same city right??? because ive recruited 3 first cohorts from Roma, Patavium, and Ariminum and all their legion numbers are I... its supposed to be like that right?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Thats how the Bi named legion system works, the first first cohort recruited in each city is called Legio I, then the next one II etc.
    Creator of:

Epirus cannot build ships? I cannot build any ships no matter which docks I have.

LOL nm I was playing the 5.1 patch without the full 5.0 install. amazing I have never had a ctd

Hello guys,

i'm really enjoying your mod lusted, it's quite a breeze of fresh air after having played vanilla since it got out.

anyway, i just wanted to know if you managed to solve the bug about the darth formations, since it's giving me some hard time to get the game running (it crashes every 2-3 battles, getting quite annoying)

thx and keep up the good work!

I have hopefull been able to fix it, or at least i haven't encountered it in the tests of Gold ive done.
    Creator of:

The archers of pontus look like bricks here, And when I zoom in the shadow is still square.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hah,looks like i forgot to save the sprites with their alpha channel, pretty easy problem to fix.
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    -some random freezes on dragging out formations, caused by Darths Formations mod
    I get that only when I forming units within streets, I mean between building to building. The game just freezes and I can't do anything besides ctrl+alt+del(which doesn't help everything, I then have to restart).
    Can I fix it by myself somehow?

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dr0p
    I get that only when I forming units within streets, I mean between building to building. The game just freezes and I can't do anything besides ctrl+alt+del(which doesn't help everything, I then have to restart).
    Can I fix it by myself somehow?
    I can confirm this bug. Only ever experienced it during siege battles, when defending.

its something wrong with the formations or something.... im not familiar with it but its happens due to the formations which will hoped to be fixed in the gold version of TE because Lusteds gonna use Darth Formations 14.0

Can someone release a fix for it or something? It is sometimes makes cities undefendable...