Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Risk_Version.II.--released--advanced campaign submod..

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Risk_Version.II.--released--advanced campaign submod..

thats strange, please make sure, you got a clean installation....all factions are playable...for the main campaign-with whole of europe map...

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Ah right lol, I guess i'll keep reinstalling until something special happens. Funnily enough, the main campaign was the only one that wouldn't even get to the faction select, it just said select item from list. Great mod from what i've seen so far by the way :-)

i have a problem, when i fight siege battles, there still being log cabins instead of the new buildings....

Domesticus

Any news?

Fixed regions within each faction?

Good day!
    sorry for the knowledge of English.
    set modes on Napoleon 2 as necessary.
    but when I select the campaign, I have the menu campaign itself is not selected ((
    and after the game, shows the message ((
    what's the matter, do not know, good people?

Hi guys, I'm really amazed of the RiskII, but let me ask please: <br>
    <br>
    1) Why are in game loading screens with some 'adverts' of Napoleonic III (napoleonic III ain't got anything to do with Napoleonic II)<br>
    2) Why there still aren't any walls in cities?<br>
    <br>
    - I DO NOT have a low opinion about this mod, but when are cities like Paris, Wienne and others still just made of 'LogCabins', it wery lowers the whole enjoyment of such a great mod.<br>
    - Im not sure if the AI is able to recruit artillery, I've met enemy canons even once...

Or maybe would be better to post here again all versions of this submod, because I'm very confused of this thread.
    I don't know what download is what, which version is the newest, ... I wonder if there is or would be any version of cities with walls.
    /sorry for my bad English, and thanks for all your work./

sorry guys, but this project lays barely on ice for now, since i needed someone with 3dsmax for the new building stuff...
    it was planned that no city has city walls, since they get useless in this cannon period...also thatswhy risk...you must always be quick and clever with your army movement and expansion...so i got a lot of fun with it...maybe after i finished next wwc version, i will come back...

Sad to read this...ice is not my prefer terrain/ground type .

Dear friend, send me a pm with all the things that you need...perhaps i may help you to finish a next version .

About walls on the cities, perhaps you can include them only in big cities or the most important settlements (it's only a suggestion).

Regards.

I have to install BI to get this working?

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Warhell View Post
    I have to install BI to get this working?
    that's what it says I'm afraid: however, you can easily port it to RTW: there are guides to this somewhere (I forget where exactly though). You'll have to keep an eye on some text files though, as some features in BI don't exist in RTW.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Ok ... there aren't any ways to add these new factions from here to the hannibalcaesar mod?

how do i make a shortcut of this¡?

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, great submod! I've really enjoyed playing as Prussia so far. I've come across a couple issues that I'd like to sort out though. They're probably more or less the same problem.

First, I've played a couple "siege battles" and haven't noticed any of the new fancy 'reworked' buildings' that are previewed on the first page of this thread. I've just seen the boring little log house lookin buildings. After a couple battles I thought maybe these towns just didn't have any buildings constructed yet, so I tried to view Berlin on the campaign map. This is sort of my second issue. Berlin is my capitol city and has some advanced structures already constructed so I was hoping I'd see the new buildings in the city. But when I clicked the button to 'view settlement on map', it was about to go to the loading screen, and then the game crashed and I got an error that started with " model_db: model registry has requested a model 'civil' ... ".

I'm not sure how to fix this, but I'd really like to get it working so that I can see the reworked buildings, hopefully. Anyone got any ideas? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

great to get some good feedback, but i dont work it out anymore....problem is i changed just textures of existing buildings from the napoleonic original mod, but these are just a handfull, not enough to fill a greater city ground model....so i would need someone with 3ds max and exp. to add new, more buildings, change the city path data, do let take the ai the right streets, passes, for now i just experimenting with it, but its stupid, as the ai always hangs up on the new buildings....also it does looks strange, if you replie the same 6 buildings again and again....about all these i broke this project and just want to focuse on my wwc submod for rs2....but also stucked for now, as i just want to play, not even sit hours of hours on text stuff, what is very stupid-anoying....so at all take what you have, as a small rushing game, if you got spare time....for longer campaign, look out for other mods....maybe the ntw stuff, as i play now lme4

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

Hey there leoni. I could help out with the traits and anc if you'd still like to continue this. I'd volunteer to do the buildings but I don't have 3dsmax. I only have Milkshape.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Crap! I'm getting a CTD every time I click end turn in my campaign. It was working fine for 40 or so turns, and now it's crashing every time I try to end the turn! How can I resolve this?

Laetus

Are you still working on version III?

without a modeller, who cares for battle map buildings, i will not further work on this mod....all my attention lays by my wwc submod for rs2 now

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

This map needs some more "life" I think.
    I suggest using this little alternative
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...native-texture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0021.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	738.1 KB 
ID:	308545

It only needs to add a word in descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt file.
    from
    ../../../../data/terrain/new_campaign_map/land_textures/
    to
    ../../../../napoleonic/data/terrain/new_campaign_map/land_textures/