Page 30 of 106 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Edit: found it a bit lower.
    It could be a steam issue combined with VirtualStore. I assume you installed it this way?
    The best way will be to sort out the VirtualStore, delete the 'medieval ii total war' folder in the VirtualStore and then try again.
    Thank you very much. I'll attempt this to see if it works!

Sorry again for the spam posts earlier (new to the forums).

In relation to above post - I'm on windows XP, I can't seem to find anything that is blocking access to MTW2.
    I have my hidden files appear and couldn't find anything of MTW2 in the User/appdata folder.

I have a problem with battles against multiple stacks. Whenever i try to attack AI force that has reinforcements game goes CTD after a while. Battle map loads normaly, troop placement is ok, Start battle button clicked, AI move its troops, AI reinforcements enter battlefield and after a minute or two game goes CTD. Attacking single stack is OK - battle plays normally.

I heve reduced absolutely every graphic option, freed as much memory as i could, deleted map.rwm but without any result. Described situation happens only with RotDG. I got TATW mod installed, stainless steel and couple more. In any other mod i can play battle against AI and its reinforcement without trouble.

In case i'm not clear, it is enemy AI that gets reinforcements (CTD situation). If I get them (be it my stack or allied AI) game plays normally.

Log unfotunatelly doesn't show anything usefull (at least for me)

Gig,

I'm interested in the solution you find with TB666. I did the same thing, with Warcry and now I started getting CTDs. I switched the files replace by warcry with the originals before I downloaded warcry and I am still getting CTDs fairly frequently. Let me know what you come up with for TB666.

Thank you

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Penguin918 View Post
    In relation to above post - I'm on windows XP, I can't seem to find anything that is blocking access to MTW2.
    I have my hidden files appear and couldn't find anything of MTW2 in the User/appdata folder.
    XP doesn't have VirtualStore, that only starts with Vista.
    So get me a full trace log and I will have a look again.
    And you need about 25 posts before you can start editing your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I have a problem with battles against multiple stacks. Whenever i try to attack AI force that has reinforcements game goes CTD after a while. Battle map loads normaly, troop placement is ok, Start battle button clicked, AI move its troops, AI reinforcements enter battlefield and after a minute or two game goes CTD. Attacking single stack is OK - battle plays normally.

I heve reduced absolutely every graphic option, freed as much memory as i could, deleted map.rwm but without any result. Described situation happens only with RotDG. I got TATW mod installed, stainless steel and couple more. In any other mod i can play battle against AI and its reinforcement without trouble.

In case i'm not clear, it is enemy AI that gets reinforcements (CTD situation). If I get them (be it my stack or allied AI) game plays normally.

Log unfotunatelly doesn't show anything usefull (at least for me)
    By the looks of it in the log it appears to be related to the battle scripting (AI script part by Germanicu5) Unfortunately I won't be able to help you there - best to post in the CoW main forum\thread and post the log there as well.

How come in this mod you can actually see the Archers pulling an arrow out of their quivers and pulling the bow strings back but in reg MTW2 you cant?

(Also like to say that the Goblin and Orc archers dont show this)

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Please compress and attach here - RapidShare is giving me the run around.
    Well no need, I fixed the issue.
    Seems the Warcry mod was causing the crash.

How did you fix it TB? I restored all the files that Warcry modified and I still get random crashes here and there. This is after I brought back Gigantus' files.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

No idea if we got the same crash tho.
    Mine was something related to a script happening to the dark elves.
    And I simply applied Gig's patch and then the two hotfixes again and that was it.

Hey again,

I've attached the full logs below (hopefully this what you need).

Yesterday my mod was working fine, with no problems at all.
    I went to load it up this morning and it stopped working, crashing to the desktop with the "Sigmar" errors.

Thanks again for all your help so far.

Blog Entries

Hey again,

I've attached the full logs below (hopefully this what you need).

Yesterday my mod was working fine, with no problems at all.
    I went to load it up this morning and it stopped working, crashing to the desktop with the "Sigmar" errors.

Thanks again for all your help so far.
    Your game crashes during the initial check for files, right after it has process the animation files. I can only take a wild guess that steam might have done something fancy. Make a back up of your save game (just in case) and then install everything again (main, patch, fixes) and then give it another try.

PS: the 'Sigmar' error is part of my trade mark - I change the normal error message (has encountered an error) in all my work.

Hey Gigantus, ran into another issue. Not sure what the deal is. Was playing my Wissenland campaign, going through as normal, no CTDs at all... until I got one near the end of my turn. I wasn't doing anything, just queuing up buildings to build and recruiting units and whatnot, then it had a CTD. Loaded, CTD. Loaded the quicksave instead of the normal save, CTD. Loaded the autosave, CTD. Loaded a different save file from another campaign, and it worked fine. So... I don't understand. Did all three save files for this campaign (normal save, quicksave, autosave) get corrupted all at once, somehow? Attaching a log if it helps any.

Blog Entries

It's the Vampire siege of Krugenheim - no idea why that would lead to a crash. It will corrupt the autosave as well as the initiation of the sequence starts at the previous turn end. We had a lot similar scripted siege crashes before the 1.5.1 crash - I didn't expect to see them anymore.
    The only way then (as now I suppose) was to either have a save from earlier or sadly abandon the current game.

Ah, okay. That's unfortunate, but what can you do. Thanks for the quick response.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

if that is the only siege causing a save corruption now couldn't it be ";" out.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Your game crashes during the initial check for files, right after it has process the animation files. I can only take a wild guess that steam might have done something fancy. Make a back up of your save game (just in case) and then install everything again (main, patch, fixes) and then give it another try.
    I've tried this. I've reinstalled MTW on steam and reinstalled the mod. The same error occurs after a day.
    As a more permanent solution, do you think installing a hard copy MTW gold and the mod will be more stable?

Thanks to everyone seeding
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Blog Entries

I've tried this. I've reinstalled MTW on steam and reinstalled the mod. The same error occurs after a day.
    As a more permanent solution, do you think installing a hard copy MTW gold and the mod will be more stable?
    Before going through that, maybe first give it a shot with the technical guys. I don't have steam myself so my knowledge is limited. Irishron or one of the guys here may be able to shed light on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    if that is the only siege causing a save corruption now couldn't it be ";" out.
    It could always be done, but I am afraid it may have a deeper, underlying reason then just this (perfectly fine) piece of coding.
    Quote Originally Posted by midterm360 View Post
    Thanks to everyone seeding
    I wish to echo that appreciation.

Whenever I try to install Part 1 it gives me the message in the attachment. Does anyone know which "DO-" file the broken file belongs to, or do I need all files to be present before I attempt to install part 1, because at the moment I only have the part one files

Also I'm using the "infracta.de" download if that makes a difference.