Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Post your empire

Default Re: Post your empire

I cant get my screens to show on the forum im having trouble I want to show my Roman Empire and My Greek one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m1985 View Post
    I cant get my screens to show on the forum im having trouble I want to show my Roman Empire and My Greek one.
    what i use when i want to upload image, is called imageshack

once you have uploadet to imageshack, you need too
    select insert image and copy the url from imageshack into the
    insert image option

hope that it is usefull

I already tried Imageshack said its a bad file any more tips?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I already tried Imageshack said its a bad file any more tips?
    Ok, heres a quick "How-To" on screenshots.

1. Press "Prt Scr" during play to capture a screenshot, it will be in your main directory in a folder named "tgas". The file format will be .tga, which is not compatible with most online file hosting services.

2. Convert your tga file to a compatible format using AdobePhotoshop or similar program. Most widely used format is JPEG, but BMP, GIF will also do.

3. Upload your file to hosting service, I use www.imageshack.us, but there are others, just Google to find them.

4. At the very bottom of the screen after you upload your file copy the "direct link" address.

5. Use the "insert image" button on the editor. Erase the already present partial address and paste your info from your file hosting service into the box. Prerss enter.

6. Admire your work and write a caption.

7. Rep me for typing this while drinking coffee and browsing the internet.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Ok thx ill post my empire if it works

Here's my Rome in the beginning. Marius happened in 241 BC, but I don't have time to upgrade my armies to republican/imperial cohorts. Armies are occupied in Africa, trying to conquer remnants of Carthage. I started the game with unusual tactic of fast conquering. Fought of the Gauls from gisalpine gaul and around Patavium and made peace with them. Then te Epiros attacked and I went punish them. They conquered Capua, but I used my two armies to divide them and defeated them fast after that. After that, 1st. army went to capture Crete and 2nd. advanced to Sicily, third right on it's heels.

While the third was still fighting in Syracuse, 1st. and 2nd. entered Africa. Carthage and Hadrumentum fell fast and I was home free to do anything I liked. This time the numidians wouldn't be trouble(had a game in TE where they conquered Carthage).

After Carthage I'm heading to Spain. I need to kick some bullsarse before they get too huge.

The last time I had some real fun with this mod, but also the game got ruined after some few events(mainly the Macedonians and Pontus fighting in somewhere near present Ukraine). Got some screenies from that Rome campaign, but don't know if they have any value(one is about two imperial cohorts defeating 2000(killing 1900) numidians in quick fight(medium))

This would be propably my 7th Rome Campaign I'm playing(including all mods and vanilla). Gotta love legions. Even more than the phalanx(only 4 Macedonia games totally). So no need for advices, just posting the campaign as asked.
    Last edited by perato; October 01, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perato View Post

Here's my Rome in the beginning. Marius happened in 241 BC, but I don't have time to upgrade my armies to republican/imperial cohorts. Armies are occupied in Africa, trying to conquer remnants of Carthage. I started the game with unusual tactic of fast conquering. Fought of the Gauls from gisalpine gaul and around Patavium and made peace with them. Then te Epiros attacked and I went punish them. They conquered Capua, but I used my two armies to divide them and defeated them fast after that. After that, 1st. army went to capture Crete and 2nd. advanced to Sicily, third right on it's heels.

While the third was still fighting in Syracuse, 1st. and 2nd. entered Africa. Carthage and Hadrumentum fell fast and I was home free to do anything I liked. This time the numidians wouldn't be trouble(had a game in TE where they conquered Carthage).

After Carthage I'm heading to Spain. I need to kick some bullsarse before they get too huge.

The last time I had some real fun with this mod, but also the game got ruined after some few events(mainly the Macedonians and Pontus fighting in somewhere near present Ukraine). Got some screenies from that Rome campaign, but don't know if they have any value(one is about two imperial cohorts defeating 2000(killing 1900) numidians in quick fight(medium))

This would be propably my 7th Rome Campaign I'm playing(including all mods and vanilla). Gotta love legions. Even more than the phalanx(only 4 Macedonia games totally). So no need for advices, just posting the campaign as asked.
    Looks like Spain has already advanced into Gaul. That will be a tough go if they are pumping out Bull Warriors already. I lost a few eagles there.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

I have my reforms much later than that like 180-120 bc

I have my reforms much later than that like 180-120 bc
    Well couldn't really helped it much. I massacred the population of Patavium and with population growth of 9% (in 12000 people).... well you get marius in 240bc. Awful thing, and a nice thing in the same time. No need to replace any elite armies since none of armies got the silver chevrons.

Looks like Spain has already advanced into Gaul.

Well, that's gonna be a problem, I know. Last game, Iberia died to my assasins and blitz attacks(killed the family members). Now I don't know if I'm powerfull enough to go total war against the Spaniords. Mostly because I can't attack the Gaul region through the Alps. I need to attack from south from Africa, to avoid being trapped between enemy forces. So if I'm lucky, most of their armies are in north and I'll be capturing their major cities while they try to make hasty peace with Gaul and Briton. Let's also see if elefants could turn the battles for me.

I wanted to go Greek, cuz the victor in there conqueres most of the map north to the Mediterranean(although now it seems good since Greeks, Macedons, Epirot and Dacians hold the Thracians). I'm thinking that while I prepare for my invasion of Spain, I'll attack the Greek Cities and capture the Colossus of Rhodos so that I would have enough money to make propably 4-7 armies

I usually take greece before i advance to spain or gaul but spain be a better pick you can flank gaul from bothsides.

I usually take greece before i advance to spain or gaul but spain be a better pick you can flank gaul from bothsides.
    Yes, Greece would be a logic choice but I can't as you have noticed. Spain has almost annexed Gaul and after that, I think they are coming after me through Alps. So if I go to Greece, I need to fight against 4-5 factions(Epirus, Greek Cities, Macedon, Thracians and Dacians). So I would end up fighting a war in Greek penninsula, but might also end up having a war with Dacia and Spain(or is it Iberia in this mod?). My war in Greek wouldn't have any effect on Dacias ability to fight, so they would have nice direct route to northern Italy without any real resistance(excluding almost full stack in Patavium).

Dacians after all aren't coming after me, atleast not yet. I have been their neighbour for 50 years now, and they have not shown any sign of agression. (war with their ally could brake alliance between me and them) I think that they are occupied in wars against Scythia and growing Thracia.

Nontheless I should be quick about my conquering of Spain, since Ptolemaic (allies for the time being) are my neighbours now. Spain after all isn't that rich area, so I'm expecting some poor times for me(especially if they have spammed warbands and made their cities empty.

Now it's actually getting offtopic, since I'm not posting my present empire, only possible future empire =D. Well soon as I have time to carry on, I'll attack the Carthaginians in Spain(yes, they have all their starting cities back there) and post another screenie.

Now I'm having a dilemma between republican and imperial cohorts. Imperials are far better in defence, but they are hard to recruit(only available in Italy and Carthage). So I could make an army which would lose more men, but which would be easier to replenish, or an army which fights better but time to time would have to go back for reinforces. Or i could bring a reinforcement army with me(which I have done in series of Macedon games).

and sry for bad english, just little tired right now. I have time only to play at nights =D.

Iberians are alot stronger than gauls or should i say harder,plus you would have a two way advantage against the gauls

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

ive picked up my baktrian campaign from agggggges ago now i have a new pc to play games with again

162 bc on the death of the Emperor

137bc, a few months after the death of the other guy's successor

ive slowly, from the start, pushed through the seluecids while allied with Egypt (as the 2 were fighting), once i cut the Seluecid empire in 2 and met the Egyptian frontier they decided to attack me aswell, making peace with the Seluecids to do so. There was stalemate outside Seleucia for quite some time before i managed to break the deadlock with reinforcments and push on towards the med.
    While clearing up asia minor however my armenian friends too decided to attack me and thus a 3-faction coalition were on every flank. I was passive towards the armenians for some time whilst i delt with the egyptians in asia minor and i began an operation in the Red sea, moving up the nile with a small task force. The seleucids by this time were not a threat and they were non existant by the 140's after my conquest of most of Arabia.
    Recently i have moved on the armenians though and i have pushed them north of the mountain range; one army remains to guard the frontier against an exhausted Armenia. The forces from here are on the move to egypt to begin the conquest of all of africa.

Surviving factions are as follows: Rome, Macedon, Germania, Baktria (me ofc), Parthia, Armenia, Egypt and Carthage.

I am allied with Parthia and Rome (parthia are a nice buffer state for the expanding roman empire who are vastly superior to everyone else combined), at war with Egypt and Armenia.
    Rome are at war with Macedon on and off all the time, Germania who are beaten but keep gaining cities thru rebellions, Armenia, who they beat back from most of the Crimean region, and Carthage from a while ago when they took spain/southern Gaul from the carthaginians.
    Carthage is at war with egypt and Rome - they had been losing quite substantially to the Egyptians until they came into conflict with me, and they had moved into southern gaul early on in the game but were decisively beaten back to africa by the Romans but remain at war.
    Parthia fight nobody atm.
    Macedon randomly declares war on the romans all the time but then makes peace a turn later.
    Armenia are at war with me (Baktria) and Rome. They had northern turkey up to southern russia/ukraine but have been squeezed between myself and the Roman steamroller.

I keep parthia as a buffer in the north so the romans dont turn on me, and i will allow Armenia, in its crippled state, to remain alive too as a buffer in southern russia. The rest of the world is mine though atm im horrribly lacking behind the romans in military power thanks to their uber units and my relatively poor ones. So im hoping my buffers remain long enough for me to steamroll all of africa, build up the economy and spam large amounts of troops for the inevitable war with the Romans.

While on the subject of the romans though, ill take u thru their life story so far:

they were originally quite weak, sticking to italy while in greece the city states killed epirus, expelled macedon etc and basically had a greek empire stretching from byzantium to next door to the italian peninsula. To the north the germans grew massively and had pretty much all of northern europe and russia. The greeks declared war on them, looking for some extra territory to expand into, but the romans had just had a technological change and were soon completely smashing any greek army that faced them - The greeks collapsed pretty quickly and thus Rome's expansion would begin.
    They then moved into gual and beat them down with ease as they had been weakened by the expanding force of Carthage from Spain. The 2 growing powers would soon collide in southern Gual, with the romans yet again emerging victorious and in control of all of Spain. From here they faced the germans, the largest european power and despite lots of funding from Baktria the germans couldnt withstand the Roman warmachine and begun to crumble, losing province after province until allthey had left was Scandinavia and some disgruntled rebels in Russia.
    Last edited by Carach; January 06, 2008 at 09:16 AM.

Legionem Insanis's Avatar Biarchus

I just cant let go of this campaign.

Last edited by Legionem Insanis; January 06, 2008 at 04:27 PM.

wow u havent grown much, compared with pontus etc heh. never seen them grow that big before. That to make it more even ?
    Last edited by Carach; January 06, 2008 at 04:48 PM.

Legionem Insanis's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    wow u havent grown much, compared with pontus etc heh. never seen them grow that big before. That to make it more even ?
    I built my military up early on and took Italy but my economy was collapsing under the weight of the military.

I lost Mediolanum and Pavatium thanks to the onslaught from Iberia, Britannia, Gaul and Macedon. But I managed to beat everything they sent at me with 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 kill ratios. And my espionage teams managed kill many enemy family members and cause civil revolts especially in the Iberian controlled settlements.

Then Numedia landed a stack on Sardinia and attacked me. It actually turned out to be a lucky break. I took several of their weakly protected cities on the coast. One of them being Gadir(sp) right across Gibraltar from the Iberian homeland.

At this point I invested the dinari from my new conquests into my economy, buiding ports, highways and forums everywhere and it helped greatly.

Macedon finally gave up and asked for a ceasefire (I guess they got tired of losing family members) and Gaul was destroyed by Iberia and Britannia

But Iberia and Britannia continued their onslaught on my Italian homeland from the Alps. What followed was a very long stalemate where I slaughtered stack after stack of their invading armies with 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 kill ratios (sometimes more). I was handling everything they send me and coming out on top but feeding the conveyor belt with new troops from nearby cities was a drain on the economy.

I did manage take Mediolanum for a short while and sack a few cities on the Iberian coast even taking Gadir shortly. But the conquests were short-lived.

I continued causing civil revolts for the Iberians and Britons. The Iberian settlements were easy. They expanded aggressively leaving things unsecured.

Then Macedon and Iberia declared war on Britannia. Shortly after Iberia asked for a ceasefire and Macedon asked for an alliance which I foolishly took. I should have finished Iberia then, they were in decline. They had lost many territories to civil revolts and had exhausted their military attacking me in north Italy. Their military strength was finally less than mine for once.

I used the cessasion of hostilities to go after another Numidian coastal city. The Numedians asked for a ceasefire as soon as my armies crossed their borders. I took their cities and gave them their ceasefire. The next turn Pontus, who was at war with Macedon, my new ally, attacked me in North Africa. I was able to beat their armies but their Cappodoian cataphracts caused me many casualties. I sent out esionage teams and the trouble they caused have kept their armies busy for now. I dissolved my alliance with Macedon and Pontus hasn't attacked me by land since but we have fought at sea. The cooling of hostilities allowed me to take the island of Baleara(sp) (Palma in vanilla).

While these events were taking place in North Africa, Iberia was expanding again at an alarming pace. They beat the Britons out of Gaul then attacked me. Again I beat them back and this time retook Mediolanum which I have kept since.

They actually seem to have cooled of quite a bit after I installed Candelarious add on mod.

Maybe, just maybe, I can still take over the world.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Glad to see people still enjoying the mod, i really need to dig it out at some point and play it again.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

egypt down to one province now, carthage declared war and took one of my badly damaged armies out in a siege assualt o well, was gonna war them anyway.

moved my capital to make more central.

spawning half a dozen armies along the length of my northern frontier for the coming war with the romans (if they bother going thru the armenians/parthians)

Might attack macedon i nthe meantime and take their islands, inbetween annihilating carthage of course

will post a pic up soon of my progress

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Glad to see people still enjoying the mod, i really need to dig it out at some point and play it again.
    played this mod more than any ever. one of the best ones out there tbfh
    Last edited by Carach; January 09, 2008 at 07:53 AM.

thats 121bc.

Roman empire are having some rebel problems and im making it worse by sending all my experienced spies from the armenian campaign into their provinces. Byzantium rebelled, i took it, gave it to Macedon and now the 2 are at war again. Im hoping i can get a couple of armies across to the northern rebel provinces so i can take them and give them to Parthia.

In carthage my top assassin (he could pretty much kill anyone) took out half of their family tree before dying unexpectingly on an assassination with 75% success rate
    I sailed a bunch of armes from egypt to the frontline here, one took hadrumetum or w/e it is, but then went on to try to take carthage and was mostly destroyed due to massive elephant numbers Another army was dropped in sicily and has taken 2 of the 3 cities there, reinforcments have recently arrived and now i march on their last holdings there.
    I have 6 fullstack armies marching on them atm, 2 on sicily, another 2 are coming by sea.

Unfortunately im having rebel problems of my own, some relatively large rebel armies have spawned and attacked several of my cities so ive had to spawn armies of my own to deal with these and its put my economy on a down turn Cities that were green faced are suddenly turning red for no apparent reason other than the capital is too far away. (ive already moved it once but seems like im going to have to move it to Edessa or something, which means my far easten provinces are all going to start rebelling again)

Really im just hoping to take out carthage soon, go on a long economic run building up a lot of funds for the inevitable war with rome. (obviously ill be building up a few more armies too, im still far behind in military power)
    Last edited by Carach; January 10, 2008 at 07:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Great stuff Carach. Keep the reports coming.

I wonder if you reached a state of equilibrium, your empire is so large parts are going to start rebelling due to the large distance to capitol penaly involved.

Take screens of elephants in battle!

​​

The House of Baltar