Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim Q&A [Ask Your Skyrim Questions Here! Spoilers]

Default Re: Skyrim Q&A [Ask Your Skyrim Questions Here! Spoilers]

I've only got one question.

How can I catch slaughterfish? I can't just pick them up like Salmon, I can't use my weapons when I'm swimming and I can't pick up fishing rods. Also I apparently can't take some of their eggs home, put them in an aquarium and wait for them to hatch.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

^I've successfully killed them with my weapon while standing in shallow water (so the game lets you draw your weapon). So try luring them to the shore/river bank.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Lol I don't think I've even seen a Slaughterfish...yet I haven't done much swimming too.

Has anyone figured out the details of Smithing? Is it meant to be that some armors can only be upgraded to a certain point? For example I'm level 80 with smithing and while I can make ones like Plate and Elven armors "Epic" I can only bring other like Leather, Hide, and (I think) Iron up to "Exquisite". Is that how it's supposed to be? Also, are the apparel and scimitar you get off the Red Guard guys non-upgradable? It appears that way since neither their armor, boots, headwear, or scimitar appears when you use a Grindstone or Workbench. Kind of sucks...
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Tribunus

VOP, you get things up to "Legendary". Invest in a potion and a few items that improve your smithing and you're golden, as it stands there is no cap (whatsoever) on how much you can improve an item. I managed to get around 290 Smithing through a combination of items and such, almost doubling the Armour Rating on all of my Nightingale Gear and tripling my Dragonscale.

Yes, several weapons/armour are non-upgradeable currently, that is basically a bug and it is being worked out I believe.

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

I really need a storage area, and I don't have enough money for a house...some help?
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusionist View Post
    I really need a storage area, and I don't have enough money for a house...some help?
    At the begining you befrended a rebel and early in the game you go in Revenwood or something like that and you can stay in his sister's house,you can store your things there for the moment,that is what i do.

Or you befriend the Imperial soldier and you can use the smith's house.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Skyrim Q&A (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Sorry for the double post here but I have a question: I know that we can buy houses, I would like to buy one but I would like to buy the best one so I don't want to spend my money on the others. Can soneone tell me which one is the best in size and visualy.

Also I have a trick to get the house in Whitrun Free so if someon is interested just ask here or PM me

SA
    the best horse you get is from dark brotherhood, it can't die and sprints longer

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Where do I find the thieve's guild. I read a story about the fact that they were nigh-extinct. Is this true?
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

Okay I'm about to get pissed. I made a level 19 Nord/Werewolf/Bad ass and for fun I started a new game with a dual wielding Redguard. When I saved I made a new save yet now when I try to load a game only my Redguard shows up and my Nord game is missing. Wtf!?!?

Tribunus

In Riften.

Yes and no. In Skyrim they're pretty much on the retreat and rival guilds across Dominion territory have been making life harsh for them of late, that coupled with in fighting and a lack of solid leadership is what resulted in their current predicament. They're down, but not out.

Jin, you're suffering from the "I like it when the game does all my saving for me" syndrome as a result of ME/DA etc. As long as you made a save yourself, your Nord will still be there, but if you relied on the autosave feature its gone.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Okay I'm about to get pissed. I made a level 19 Nord/Werewolf/Bad ass and for fun I started a new game with a dual wielding Redguard. When I saved I made a new save yet now when I try to load a game only my Redguard shows up and my Nord game is missing. Wtf!?!?
    Quicksaves gets deleted. So when you saved that Redguard you probably lost the one with the Nord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

No I saved my nord separately with an independent save. I knew about the autosave thing. But it's still not showing up for some reason. This sucks!

Tribunus

That does suck.

Can anyone explain me the quest "promises to keep"? I didn't understand the deal made between Louis Letrush and Sibbi Black-Briar about the horse. I'm asking this because I play the game in English, and English is not my native language.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So quick question, is magic any fun in this game? Most games like this its way more fun to use a bow/sword.

And is it underpowered/overpowered?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Tribunus

Yes.

It varies, the game is somewhat poorly balanced but it shouldn't be beyond you to take on any given opponent.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    So quick question, is magic any fun in this game? Most games like this its way more fun to use a bow/sword.

And is it underpowered/overpowered?
    Yes it's very fun, though I've heard that it gets underpowered when you reach the higher levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok thanks thats all i needed. Its important for me to feel OP if i am to RP correctly so i guess i cant be a mage
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

master level spells are nice (kamehameha is one of them )

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.