Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Prof's Mods (updated 10/03/2015)

  1. #1

    Default Prof's Mods (updated 10/03/2015)

    Hello everyone,

    I've been enjoying the game a lot so far, but like always there are a few things, I want to be changed.

    And without further ado, here is my first minimod.

    Prof's camera (01/03/2015)

    I've recently seen a camera mod similar to this in a machinima, but nobody could point out, where it came from and after a thorough search of TWC, I couldn't find it either. So I made my own version.

    What does it do?
    It changes the action camera, you can access with the "insert" key, so you get a first person view of one of the soldiers in the unit.
    It works best with infantry though.



    Known issues:
    -possible clipping, when looking around
    -not working with elephant units (you will be stuck behind the head of the elephant)
    -not always a first person view in cav units


    I have added a version with increased zoom to make it look like you are standing directly behind the man in front of you, if you've got proximity fading enabled.

    Prof's Icons (10/03/2015)

    So far only the icons for the dogs.
    I have seen some Youtubers confuse dog units and cavalry in their battles and to be fair, their icons look very similar.
    So I made my own dog icon to make them easier to distinguish.

    Here are some comparison pics




    To use this, just put the .pack files into your data folder and activate one of them with your Mod Manager.

    Hope you enjoy, and I'll be using this thread to post new stuff.

    Feel free to post requests.


    Prof
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Prof; March 10, 2015 at 08:55 AM.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

  2. #2

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    Hey Prof this is a awesome mod and I'm using it alot in my upcoming videos for attila and rome 2 I have a request is that if can you find a way to disable proximity fading in rome 2 it causes flickering whendver my units run and causes the camera to go far back In rome 2 compared to attila. Thanks

  3. #3

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    great... i have my own battle,zoom and campaign camera uploaded long back....... all in one mod..... almost the same mechanics.....awesome work.... cheers....

  4. #4

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldman View Post
    Hey Prof this is a awesome mod and I'm using it alot in my upcoming videos for attila and rome 2 I have a request is that if can you find a way to disable proximity fading in rome 2 it causes flickering whendver my units run and causes the camera to go far back In rome 2 compared to attila. Thanks
    Proximity fading is in the graphical options of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD *** View Post
    great... i have my own battle,zoom and campaign camera uploaded long back....... all in one mod..... almost the same mechanics.....awesome work.... cheers....
    great... if I had seen it around, I wouldn't have had to make my own.

    And wait. After doing some research on this, I'll just quote your post from your topic here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post14399957

    Quote Originally Posted by *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD *** View Post
    MOD UPDATED (04-03-2015)


    First Person Camera Mode being added
    Your addition of the first person camera mode came 3 days after I released this, so don't make it look like I took your idea.
    Last edited by Prof; March 07, 2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

  5. #5

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    Not in Rome 2. It is enabled by default and the option to disable it is only in attila

  6. #6

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Proximity fading is in the graphical options of the game.



    great... if I had seen it around, I wouldn't have had to make my own.

    And wait. After doing some research on this, I'll just quote your post from your topic here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post14399957



    Your addition of the first person camera mode came 3 days after I released this, so don't make it look like I took your idea.
    This mod is added with the patch of 4th march and i never seen your post.... i had a long discussion with magnar regarding the work.... i got the idea from Magnar's Vae vidict....and i asked his permission but he told its vanilla thing no need to give credit.... i had those conversations.......... i just posted to appriciate ur work ... but i never taken idea from urs neither u took mine.... u can ask Magnar if u want....... we worked separately..... thanks.
    Last edited by *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD ***; March 08, 2015 at 03:42 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD *** View Post
    This mod is added with the patch of 4th march and i never seen your post.... i had a long discussion with magnar regarding the work.... i got the idea from Magnar's Vae vidict....and i asked his permission but he told its vanilla thing no need to give credit.... i had those conversations.......... i just posted to appriciate ur work ... but i never taken idea from urs neither u took mine.... u can ask Magnar if u want....... we worked separately..... thanks.
    Ok, then. Your first post just sounded like you accused me of copying your work.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

  8. #8

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Ok, then. Your first post just sounded like you accused me of copying your work.

    Not at all frnd.... i just apriciated ur work....... coz i was also working on the same mechanics....magnar helped me lot in this perticular situation... i thnk him again...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Prof's Mods

    Updated, added the first icons.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •