Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: 4.0 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

In BFME there was a Mordor mission aiming to reunite different Haradrim tribes in order to use them against the West. I use an extended map which goes down to what this web calls Kingdom of Raj http://lindefirion.net/maps/index.html (political map 1700 for example); and it appears to be a good solution for Harad to have to conquer parts of it's realm from independent rebels/factions before it can focus on Gondor.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudant-Major View Post
    In BFME there was a Mordor mission aiming to reunite different Haradrim tribes in order to use them against the West. I use an extended map which goes down to what this web calls Kingdom of Raj http://lindefirion.net/maps/index.html (political map 1700 for example); and it appears to be a good solution for Harad to have to conquer parts of it's realm from independent rebels/factions before it can focus on Gondor.

Extending the map would make things even worst because there would be more empty places to fill with something interesting and dinamic.
    But yes, filling the map we have now with some rebel regions was my first idea too.

An update from the 2.0 changelog:

- Rebel armies will be randomly spanwed in Moria Halls and Argonath custom tiles in campaign. There is also a chance of a rebel army spawn near Dunharrow to attack it, the spawn can happen in both sides of the settlement! This will force battles happening in these places!

A cool solution I found to make battles happen in these places and bring more dynamic to the campaign! And it works!

Thanks to Withwnar, Gigantus and Adjudant-Major.

Give these guys some rep!

FOR THE RECORD:

The dwarf catapult in my sub-mod already has the mortar shot but only as a secondary option (and grape shot as terciary), so the AI won't use it to fly over walls and hit units like they do in Vanilla MED2.

I was trying to make the dwarf catapult really a MORTAR siege engine, leaving them without catapult at all, but I tested MED2 vanilla and AI using mortars against settlements will always hit the walls, not the gate, because the angle of fire of the mortars would not allow to hit the gate under the gatehouse.

Given that many of the settlements in TATW has unbreakable walls, this will result in AI trapped outside the settlement, unable to breach and invade it.

Can't be done. Or am I wrong?

And in case someone is willing to help me

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nes&highlight=

this is simply incredible amazing stuff, thanks for all your work.

Does anyone know where this teutonic castle with darkened textures in TATW comes from? (The one you see in the Orcs of Gundabad faction intro movie)

It's loading as a citadel (last castle level) where my Carn Dum should be loading in the new version of my submod.

I think its worldpkgdesc file is somewhere in TATW folders, so its loading this settlement for the Orcs of Gundabad (portugal - eastern_european culture) over my Carn dum worldpkgdesc file.

As far as I know teutonic castles are from a Vanilla MED2 expansion and would not load if one hasn't this expansion added (and I don't), so TATW 3.2 must have it added somewhere.

In data\settlements\north_european\castles\fortress I think.

Bad news: Yes, I'm late.

Good news: The changelog is growing beyond what I've first planned. Take a look! Tharbad custom settlement preview is out!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great work!

I also noticed the ruined Carn-Dûm in the log, any screenshot of that?

What would you think about rebuildable Ost-in-Edhil?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There is not much to see in Carn Dum ruined. It's the same of the restored but no gates, broken walls, no fire/smoke effects and some collapsed towers. Nothing really special. As for Ost-in-Edhil, the concepts you sent are really cool, but they demand new models, something I still don't know how to do properly, sorry. Though maybe I could use some gondor towers and dome buildings combined with some elven settlements to create it. Seems like a simple settlement anyway. A ruined version toghether with a one to be restored by the elves seems a good idea. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    What would you think about rebuildable Ost-in-Edhil?

Last edited by Veteraan; April 05, 2018 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote

As for Ost-in-Edhil, the concepts you sent are really cool, but they demand new models, something I still don't know how to do properly, sorry. Though maybe I could use some gondor towers and dome buildings combined with some elven settlements to create it. Seems like a simple settlement anyway. A ruined version toghether with a one to be restored by the elves seems a good idea. Who knows?
    Gondor building models could be an option indeed, as men learned such building craft from elves. I don't know if you've used Minas Tirith building models before, there are some nice ones there also.
    Another option could be to do like Reforged team did with Mithlond and use BFME models. For example these:

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Gondor building models could be an option indeed, as men learned such building craft from elves. I don't know if you've used Minas Tirith building models before, there are some nice ones there also.
    Another option could be to do like Reforged team did with Mithlond and use BFME models. For example these:
    BFTME has bizarre stretched textures, I dont like the idea of using them in our beloved tatw.

this picture is cool but it would be no more than another generic settlement with gondorias buildings.

the first pictures you showed are way more cool, unique and immersive.

Agreed, the first picture is amazing and having a ruined/restored version of Ost-in-Edhil would be amazing.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

What about the true size of Ost-in-Edhil? Was it a small outpost like in the first pictures you posted or is it more like this?

http://esdla.wikia.com/wiki/Ost-in-Edhil

I don't know, I'm not an expert in lore. I posted how it appeared in the movies: ruins when the Fellowship passes by when walking to Moria and in the days of glory as it appeared painted on a wall in Rivendell. A small article about the paintings in Rivendell here: http://www.elendilion.pl/2012/09/10/...ell-revisited/

It's still work in progress.

Very Nice!

I think this is the mood.

As for Arkay's version, as I said before, I don't like BFTME textures, though I'm sure it will find its place in DAC and other mods.