Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 28.06.2016 pages 38-39: Captains' Confederation

looking good mate, keep it up!!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 28.06.2016 pages 38-39: Captains' Confederation

Amazing shields!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Thanks Nelduin! They use 10 shield designs, could be more but I noticed that within each unit not all designs are used strangely enough. You may see in some screens that these shields have 3d handles, though should probably have a second handle for the hand grip aswell but when I realised that later I was too lazy to add it cause its a minor detail. Will try that with shields for the knights perhaps.

The Alabaster Throne units are on their way but it takes me some time to come up with designs that I like (cause these knights are not in any lore pics). Originally they were intended as a single unit but Im expanding that idea so they will have mounted and foot knights and possibly one or two auxilliary units of spearmen or/and crossbowmen/archers.

However, before I finish that, you can probably expect an update with the full roster of the Dwarves of Delzoun. Assurbanippal is perfecting last units, or maybe its a unit, so he could be ready to present it to the public quite soon. Ah, maybe not as soon as I thought cause he will still have to implement the units into the mod before he can show them I think.

I can only say that I think his dwarf units look really great, and he even made 2 new mounts for them: a war pony and a war direboar. The direboar looks particularly fantastic, you will see.

Take care all!

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:11 PM.

Nice project and lot of potential for sub-mod too.
    You know it. In my mind, after we are done with the main campaign, a number of different sub-mods could be possible because the lore potential for that is just staggering. Too early to make any specific plans but there is definatelly a lot of potential for sub-modding. That will be explored in the future.

-First drow are my favorite, do you have plan for some Underdark, planar or 9'hell's-Abyss units and facctions?
    Units - yes, factions - no - not in this campaign. We will have some drow rebel/independent units and there will be some demon-fey in Myth Drannor or possibly elsewhere aswell if necessary.

-2nd with the start date of 1372 it will make the spellplague happens in 1385 wich end the 3.5e. The 4nd campaign begin after the plague. The plague transformed the landscape and deity alot. So how long will be a turn? I think it will be best to start at end of time of troubles and end at begin of Spellplague. So 1 month by turn from 1358 to 1385, that make over 300 turns.
    Right, but that's just not the way we are doing it. It was decided long ago that we will implement the spellplague in some way, because we want the campaign to continue after 1385, and so far we kept the traditional 2 turns per year system. There will be a series of events and nautral disasters occuring during the spellplague and we will try to give it many other cool effects that would simulate some of the lore aspects of it. The year 1372 was decided based on possible factions, many of which would not be present in 1358 like for example the Moonshaes, Silver Marches, Many-Arrows, Shadovar (maybe some more) and we wanted to include those factions, especially the Shadovar who are the game changer for Faerunian politics and a very cool faction to portray aswell. The Shadovar return to the first plane in 1372 and that's when we start the campaign.

If you need some idea for music or image I can send you some link. If your need idea for unit roster I can help on this too or I or you can point me some research to do if you still need.
    If you want to give us a hand, that would be nice - there is always something to do as we are not a big team. We already have a music guy (Cloud of Judgement), so Im leaving that to him, unless you would like to share his workload or something like that. Otherwise there are still things to research or check and while we already have all rosters designed to a certain degree, for many of them we are flexible and changes will likely be made. Will PM you about it.

Have a good day!

(edit: updated team roster in the opening post)
    Last edited by Vladyvid; October 10, 2016 at 06:47 AM.

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

I PMed you. Dont know CoJ's age either, but we have other people on the team who are definatelly old enough and familiar with BG2 and ToB, myself included. I even still play them as apart from total war, they are among my top fav games, and with my current character Im already in Ust Natha. So yes sure I agree about their music themes, they are timeless. Not sure about the copy rights though.

I also planned for different spellcasting units to use some of these BG2 incantations for attack sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzS0exgr2kI

Last edited by Vladyvid; October 11, 2016 at 06:31 AM.

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

Delzoun roster (dwarves) pre-ingame preview

lower tier (xbowmen, 1h mele, 2h mele)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

iron guard ( mele and heavy xbowmen)

i know it looks like the hobbit dwarves but i felt like doing it

Deepscouts ( sort of rangers)

city guard (local elite mele unit)

bodyguard ( on foot and/or riding war boars)

host of the hall (local elite mele unit)

cleric ( only 1 kind by now)

hammers of moradin (paladins)

war pony riders

roughly the half of them are alredy in game, the other half will be soon after some tweaks
    EDIT : blank shields dont have symbols assigned yet, but they will for the release
    Last edited by assurbanippal; January 19, 2017 at 05:45 PM.

Great, im updating the threads name to announce this preview! I have to spread some rep around to give you some mate!

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 19.10.2016 "Dwarves of Delzoun" preview - page 40

Great!

You guys should ask for a Hosted Forum. Can't wait to see those units ingame.

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 19.10.2016 "Dwarves of Delzoun" preview - page 40

Last time I checked the hosted forums were only for released mods... or big popular ones well liked by the staff. ;P

Any progress made lately?

Sure, i for one i have the whole delzoun roster, ready for ingame preview and rashemen roster is going on fast as well.
    On the other hand i know my partners are making progress on scrips and map stuff

Would it be possible to have some ingame screens of the Delzoun units?

Yeah, soon, this week for sure

frodo010595's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Faerun Total War - mod idea

This seems like a really interesting mod, will definately have to give it a try.

Here's hoping elves are cool

I have some new units in game that were not shown before to the public, not even to other team members really. Only that now I have serious RL problems that keep me away from normal modding progress, so I don't know when I will make any new preview, probably not until I deal with my life and that can take from several days to several months...

Delzoun preview

All 3D models made by me from the scratch but hands (they are vanilla)
    Textures: most made by me, some taken from TES: oblivion and R2TW.

Lowest tier units ( 1h, 2h and crossbow soldiers)

City guard

clerics

deepscouts

bodyguard on foot

hammers of moradin (paladins)

host of the hall

iron guard (melee)

iron guard ( heavy crossbow)

pony riders

bodyguards riding boars

still some adjustments to do on some units like putting riders further back on their mounts, adjusting better the size of the mounts (they r still a bit bigger than they should) and minor stuff like improving some vertex assignments. most of shields r still blank as well
    Last edited by assurbanippal; November 14, 2016 at 10:10 AM.

Centenarius

Simply fantastic!
    Temporarily retired from modding.