Thread: M2TW quality models in RTW

Default M2TW quality models in RTW

What if someone try to create a high polycount model as M2TW models and add it to RTW?
    Have anyone tried that? It would impove RTW a lot, I know that in many PC's the frame rate will crushly fall, but we can try.
    Please, I am asking if moddeler can do that.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

The engine is just no built for it, even in strong computers the framerate will go down.

Even if the framerate fall crushly, I want to try to play RTW with MIITW graphics.
    So nobody wants to play RTW with better quality models?
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You could, but it would take a very good pc.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

It's not neccesary to put 5000 men in a battle, I can fight and with fewer.
    Or I can put the scale to large instead of huge.

As I said, is there any moddeler and a skinner available to try that?
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Well i know Prom and Dirty Peasant have some high quality models, but i know of no one who has models of around 1200-1400 polys, as MIITW has double the polys of RTw, and most RTw models had around 600-700 polys.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

will mtw2 have a higher poly count have they said that? in my big 3d max book it says the highest for low poly models is around a thousand the average for rtw is around 500,so i think the lag would be severe unless you reduce unit size,but who will want that,

do you mean models or textures/graphics ive never thought of uping the texture dpi does that work?

sorry iv answered a question with a question(or two)

CA have stated that M2TW will have double the poly count of RTW. So it will need a higher spec pc to play smoothly. He is refering to the models and not the textures.
    Creator of:

Hmmm. I made some models with ~1000 polys and tested them in a 4000 men battle and worked well if i set the sprite dist to 30... But i have a low spec comp (athlon xp 2500+, gf4mx440, 512 ddr@333Mhz).

LAca-Can you upload the model with the 1000 polys, so I can try it?
    halie satanus-I mean both of them (model and texture)
    Lusted-Prom's and dirty peasant's work is really really good, imagine what they can do through M2TW modding. But see, LAca managed to create a high poly model, almost like in M2TW!
    New pics on 24/4/2007

So have prom and dp, but those are for their own personal use. You could always ask them if they could send them to you.
    Creator of:

The problem for me is keeping the poly count low, not high... All my models are about 1000 poly. I was talking about the phalangites that are somewhere on the forum for download... In the phalanx thread. Or the silver shields. Or the numidians. Just put 120 men in a unit.
    The problem is keeping them down not up. Yu dont see the soldiers up close, most of the time they are far away, so the very high poly models are not that necessary if u ask me. And im sure there will be lod models just like in rtw. As far as i know, the rtw vanilla highest poly models are about 900 polys. But you dont need them at great ranges, so there are the lod (level of detail) models, that are simpler and are shown at those ranges to free up cpu cycles (the simplest are about 100 polys if i remember correctly). I stopped making these lod models because of time limitations, but they are great if u have them.
    Anyway, the poly count itself isnt that big thing, i made 3-4000 poly models for CS back then... I could have done it with a few hundred or a thousand less polys and look just about the same if i could made the textures better.

No, theres a reason you have to buy the game seperatly. Probably the whole engine will be re-written, a new build up of the hierarchy, skin layers, ect. Plus you wouldnt want a modeller for that, rather a coder.

/edit: ups, seems I should update the site more, when I posted there wasnt an answering post.
    uhuh

Quote Originally Posted by Overcloud
    No, theres a reason you have to buy the game seperatly. Probably the whole engine will be re-written, a new build up of the hierarchy, skin layers, ect. Plus you wouldnt want a modeller for that, rather a coder.

/edit: ups, seems I should update the site more, when I posted there wasnt an answering post.
    lol, did you fall asleep on the keyboard for 24 hours?

Nah, I use opera, and all the tabs that I previosly had open are auto saved but not reloaded
    uhuh